What has happened to the Hyundai Genesis Coupe?

pmckechnie

Registered Member
Matthews, NC
Thread starter #1
I was looking around a couple of dealer sites and noticed that there are no new Genesis Coupes available. Well there was 1 2016 at one of the dealers but that was it.

What is going to happen to the Coupe? Has it been discontinued? Will it be moved to the Genesis brand? Given a new name? Or.....?

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Re: What has happened to the Hundai Genesis Coupe?

It's not moving to the Genesis brand, because it in no way ever resembled even an entry level luxury car. If it were to stay with Hyundai, then obviously it would have to change names, but I expect a whole new car when that happens.

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Re: What has happened to the Hundai Genesis Coupe?

There is a coupe in the works for Genesis, I think we're 2 years away from seeing it.
A new Genesis coupe is not going to be anywhere near the old coupe price point. Hyundai is probably working on their own coupe, in line with their price structure.

Genesis Motors

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Yes, a new coupe is coming but it'll most likely be AFTER two CUVs. It's probably 2 or 3 years away.

The Genesis Coupe wasn't a luxury car but it compared pretty closely to the Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe - which was kind of a luxury car...

docmarc1

Hasn't posted much yet...
Chicago
I found the coupe to be pretty high end in its features- leather interior, heated power seats, NAV, high end stereo, etc etc
certainly more nicely finished then the Miata, FRS, BRZ, etc.

Genesis Motors

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
A new Genesis Coupe is coming to the Genesis Motors brand. It won't be available for a while, however... Crossover Utility Vehicles, which sell at an outrageously tremendous surplus to coupes - will come first...

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.