What have you learned about your GV80 that others might not know? (Tips and Tricks)

SilverGV80

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
What obscure things have you learned about your GV80 that most of us might now know?

For those of you that have the feature, the Smart Posture feature is a great to put your body where it's most ergonomic based on your weight, height, and inseam. As a gentleman of the big an tall variety, this simple thing wowed me.

Londoner01

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
What obscure things have you learned about your GV80 that most of us might now know?

For those of you that have the feature, the Smart Posture feature is a great to put your body where it's most ergonomic based on your weight, height, and inseam. As a gentleman of the big an tall variety, this simple thing wowed me.
I have an Canadian GV80 Prestige, we do not have this feature in Canada.

TheGV80experience

Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
After turning on the park lights and running errands, I shut the engine off. To my surprise there was no warning that you've left your park lights on and no forcing you turn them off. The car just turns them off and the next time you start the suv, it turns them back on for you. If you remote start, the park lights will not automatically turn on until you enter the suv.

Markbridge

Registered Member
SE Ohio
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I just learned that the rear side sun shades can be controlled by the driver's master window switches. Didn't know that, but upon reflection, it makes sense.

BillZ

Registered Member
Toronto
While washing the car today, it locked me out. I had the key in my pocket, but the door would not open when I touched the handle even though the lights flashed and the mirror opened. Checked with my dealer. I was told water from the hose fools the sensor on the door handle. I was of course still able to use the button on the key fob. Just something to watch out for. You might want to have that key fob in hand if you're running to your car in the rain!

Markbridge

Registered Member
SE Ohio
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
While washing the car today, it locked me out. I had the key in my pocket, but the door would not open when I touched the handle even though the lights flashed and the mirror opened. Checked with my dealer. I was told water from the hose fools the sensor on the door handle. I was of course still able to use the button on the key fob. Just something to watch out for. You might want to have that key fob in hand if you're running to your car in the rain!
How about the other door, I assume you were trying to open the driver's door, did you try the passenger door? I washed my yesterday with no issue, so this is something to watch out for.

BillZ

Registered Member
Toronto
Neither of the front doors would open. I'll keep an eye on it. Maybe mine has a bug and the dealer tried the "their all like that" line.

Rteeples

Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80

I feel like when I run the massager, the back lumbar settings get messed up and I have to re-position those. Anyone else same?

Second, I still can't get crossbars. Backordered for a couple months.

Also, make sure you have your profile created BEFORE you set all your options and radio stations.

SilverGV80

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Neither of the front doors would open. I'll keep an eye on it. Maybe mine has a bug and the dealer tried the "their all like that" line.
You might want to skim the owner's manual. I thought I came across something speaking to how the touch sensors on the door can be delayed or temporarily disabled under certain conditions.

riverrunranch19

Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
My Audi used to do that all the time too. It also used to lock and unlock continuously when I was washing it when I had the key fob in my hand. I found that if I left it in the car instead of my pocket when I was washing it, it would not do that any more, and it can't lock you out.

LostAgain

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
For cars with heated and cooled seats. The graphic of the seat above the seat switches, that changes color to indicate if the seat is being heated or cooled, also works as a switch. It has a much bigger area, so it is easier to find than the actual switches themselves. It will control either heating or cooling depending on which function was used last. It behaves in exactly the same way as the seat switch.

BillZ

Registered Member
Toronto
Re door lock anomalies when washing the car, I tried leaving the key in the car while washing it today (it gets dirty quick in Toronto winters). When the spray caused water to flow over the front door handles the car would beep and flash lights, so it's definitely mistaking the water for the touch of a hand. I can live with it. At least with the key inside, it's not going to lock.

LostAgain

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
When you touch any seat control button it's function appears on the infotainment screen, I had to enable this feature when I got the car. Useful when you're not familiar with the car.

ckon

Registered Member
SE Michigan
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I found out just yesterday that the rear seat heat and cool controls are available on the front HVAC panel. Convenient when preparing for rear seat passengers in cold or hot weather without having to reach or explain.

AltaSenior643

Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
For cars with heated and cooled seats. The graphic of the seat above the seat switches, that changes color to indicate if the seat is being heated or cooled, also works as a switch. It has a much bigger area, so it is easier to find than the actual switches themselves. It will control either heating or cooling depending on which function was used last. It behaves in exactly the same way as the seat switch.
That is a great tip! I hated that the indicator light was above the cooled seat switch. When attempting to turn down heated seats, I would often the cooling seats button. It was actually starting to bother me.

I also noticed for the first time that the graphic of the seat is either red or blue. I have never driven in the dark and those graphics are hard to see in the light. They also are very easily smutched with finger prints. I much prefer the climate controls in the X5.

PindellWoods

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80

Was surprised to find that I could play 96/24 Flac files on a USB stick-Prestige model

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums