What Rims and Offset is everyone running.

Dannysmiles13

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Good question, I would like to know also (2 years later)

Due to our struts, only rims that work are HPO offset. Super positive offset. Hub bore is 67.1mm similar to Lexus Infiniti and Toyota. I've bought 2 different sets of wheels and neither fit. I should've just went new instead of cutting cost and trying to go used. Now I have to buy small spacers and extended studs to ensure my fitment.

brucehulkbanner

Hasn't posted much yet...
MD
+38 for front and I think +42 for rear. You definitely want staggered. You can do up to 22s without sacrificing smoothness on the ride depending on the rim make. Driving with my 22s I glide like your floating on air, you do feel bumps more but minimal. Best bet is to visit at-least 2 rim shops in your area, get an idea of what you want along with the specific offset for your year. Then you can price match online but all rims are not the same. The Equus while big body has big brakes etc so you want something that fits. I can seat 5 and no effect on ride or suspension with rims. I'll see what my specific offset was but I believe it was +38 and +42. not sure about 20s

brucehulkbanner

MD
I just got my 2015 Equus and looking to do some rims. But need to know what fits
19 inch rim offset
31 front
36 rear

20 inch rim offset
30 front
35 rear

22 inch rim offset (not sure about this one)
38 front
42 rear

Dannysmiles13

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
19 inch rim offset
31 front
36 rear

20 inch rim offset
30 front
35 rear

22 inch rim offset (not sure about this one)
38 front
42 rear

So would +35 and +45 F/R work for the Equus in 20's?? Bc I'm looking at some Velgen's right now in staggered 20x9 20x10.5 with those offsets.

brucehulkbanner

MD
So would +35 and +45 F/R work for the Equus in 20's?? Bc I'm looking at some Velgen's right now in staggered 20x9 20x10.5 with those offsets.
not if you want the proper stance and best ride. +45 would have the rear sticking out. Best bet is to find rims that fit perfect and then choose from those. Having a specific rim in mind will be a disappointment. Visit a rim shop to see options in your area

G-69788

not if you want the proper stance and best ride. +45 would have the rear sticking out. Best bet is to find rims that fit perfect and then choose from those. Having a specific rim in mind will be a disappointment. Visit a rim shop to see options in your area

Yeah guess I'm going to have to do that to see what I can figure out. It's been a nightmare trying to find wheels that work. Disappointed that those Velgens wouldnt fit.

Dannysmiles13

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Guess I'll just have to go that route then. Sucks that these Velgens wouldnt seem to fit how I want. Price is amazing for them and they'd look insane if the specs were correct.

brucehulkbanner

MD
Guess I'll just have to go that route then. Sucks that these Velgens wouldnt seem to fit how I want. Price is amazing for them and they'd look insane if the specs were correct.
I went through the same thing, I had several specific options but none would fit. Maybe the rims you like have offset options or something similar. Don't give up on the style maybe just that specific rim.

Dannysmiles13

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
I went through the same thing, I had several specific options but none would fit. Maybe the rims you like have offset options or something similar. Don't give up on the style maybe just that specific rim.
My problem is more trying to save $$$ by going used through CL or OfferUp instead of paying retail. But may just have to bite that bullet, or just get some G80 Sport wheels

brucehulkbanner

MD
ah I see, Equus is very unique. Unless they are coming off another equus it's going to be tough. Our requirements are not standard or flexible like bmw, mercedes, etc although we have a big wheel well. I wanted deep dish but can't get them on our car.

Dannysmiles13

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Found another set of 19's that are super nice, but offset is +15 and +20. 8.5 fronts 9.5 rears. No go on those right?

brucehulkbanner

MD
Found another set of 19's that are super nice, but offset is +15 and +20. 8.5 fronts 9.5 rears. No go on those right?
yes those won't fit at all. Not being a dream killer, we have a nice vehicle. anything other than what should fit will mess up the car. Best bet is to find rims that will fit and choose from that or look aftermarket for that type of wheel once you narrow down your choices. I spent a lifetime trying your route and ultimately broke down and spent the money. Just trying to save you time. Best option and ride

Dannysmiles13

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
yes those won't fit at all. Not being a dream killer, we have a nice vehicle. anything other than what should fit will mess up the car. Best bet is to find rims that will fit and choose from that or look aftermarket for that type of wheel once you narrow down your choices. I spent a lifetime trying your route and ultimately broke down and spent the money. Just trying to save you time. Best option and ride

*Sigh* yeah I think my quest for preowned aftermarket wheels is coming to an end. Just gona have to save my pennies slowly until I can get some wheels.

Dannysmiles13

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)

I badly want the g80 sport wheels though. Cant find reps anywhere yet. Best I found was 1500 on Ebay.

kiwon

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
If anyone in the los angeles area is selling the 2014+ equus rims I'd be willing to buy them with or without tires.

Dannysmiles13

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Found some Staggered Ruff Racing R2 wheels in 22x9 22x10.5 with offset +38 that fit!!! Finally will be able to get rid of the chrome octopus wheels. Debating on getting some 2mm spacers in the rear for just a bit more clearance though. Just have to get some tires and lug nuts for them. Can't wait to have them on!! Screenshot_20200327-093352.png

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums