What things you don't like in the G70?

mdb801

Registered Member
Arizona
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Also driving in a seating position with your arms stretched out is incorrect.
I agree with all your points. Especially this one. A defensive driving position (and also a racing position) is much closer to the wheel. You should be able to rest your wrists on the steering wheel when your back is all the way against the seat. Of course, to each their own. But, there are safer ways to drive that give you more control. I see these people driving with their finger tips and I pray they never have to swerve to avoid something...

I second the point that there is plenty of room back there if this isn’t primarily a people mover. If you’re taking the kids to soccer practice a couple times a week and then commuting the rest, no problem. I have three kids in the back a couple times a week and they are fine for short trips. That includes fitting in one booster seat for the smallest, who needs it by law. They wouldn’t enjoy being crammed in there for an hour a day, 5 days a week, though.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
My 4 year old uses a booster seat. Nobody buys a compact RWD sedan and says wow look at all the room I have back here.
If you want a compact sedan without the luxury aspects with room in the back, Civic, Corolla, Sentra, and etc are the choices you have!

TOGuy242

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Toronto, ON
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
My 4 year old uses a booster seat. Nobody buys a compact RWD sedan and says wow look at all the room I have back here.
If you want a compact sedan without the luxury aspects with room in the back, Civic, Corolla, Sentra, and etc are the choices you have!
100% ... I look at it as a slightly more practical coupe: yes I can fit people in the back seat, but it's not going to be a regular occurrence.

50jae

Hasn't posted much yet...
PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I can sit behind myself comfortably and I have longer legs compared to average. I'm 5'10. A major reason I got the G70 though is the ability to fit a rear facing child seat in the rear, the thread with all the pictures definitely helped my decision. I think it's fine to use for a family of 3 with a baby.

Toddasaurus

Registered Member
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I can sit behind myself comfortably and I have longer legs compared to average. I'm 5'10. A major reason I got the G70 though is the ability to fit a rear facing child seat in the rear, the thread with all the pictures definitely helped my decision. I think it's fine to use for a family of 3 with a baby.
Right there with you.

I wouldn't be going after the G70 if it wasn't able to fit my daughter's child seat in the back. I'm glad it passed that test when I drove it, otherwise I'd be sitting on the side of the road in my broken down Giulia. Haha.

Rmsanger

For those of you with families and complaining about back seats, are you guys using the G70 as the main vehicle or only vehicle?
I personally don't care about the back seats even though it is slightly smaller than my Acura. I have 2 boys and they are only ever in my car if my wife needs me to pick them up or if we're both doing seperate things at the same time.
But using it as a main vehicle for families knowing that is is a RWD based COMPACT sedan and yet complaining about it is a bit ridiculous!
Also driving in a seating position with your arms stretched out is incorrect.
I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. Yes if you have a large family then a sports sedan likely shouldn't be your primary vehicle for long trips. But if you're buying a sedan then the backseat functionality is somewhat important; otherwise then buy a coupe or 2 seater.

I have a wife, 2 babies, and a dog so it's not to much to expect to fit all 5 of us in for a 2-3 hour spirited drive into the mountains. I can take the dog up front and have the wife sit behind me with the kids or vice versa (dog in back). It may not be the vehicle's primary use but within the expected capability requirement. We'll see when we finally have one available for sale within a 1,000 mile radius next month.

mikemu30

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. Yes if you have a large family then a sports sedan likely shouldn't be your primary vehicle for long trips. But if you're buying a sedan then the backseat functionality is somewhat important; otherwise then buy a coupe or 2 seater.

I have a wife, 2 babies, and a dog so it's not to much to expect to fit all 5 of us in for a 2-3 hour spirited drive into the mountains. I can take the dog up front and have the wife sit behind me with the kids or vice versa (dog in back). It may not be the vehicle's primary use but within the expected capability requirement. We'll see when we finally have one available for sale within a 1,000 mile radius next month.
Get an SUV or larger sedan for those needs. The G70 or simarlily sized sedans are not made for five plus dog especially if you want comfort.

mdb801

Registered Member
Arizona
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Get an SUV or larger sedan for those needs. The G70 or simarlily sized sedans are not made for five plus dog especially if you want comfort.
I have a family of five. I agree that the G70 likely won’t fit your needs. My kids love the car for short trips or if there are 2 of them in the back. If it’s longer than 15-25 minutes they beg to take the mini-van.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
As much as I love dogs I never let my dogs in my car. Always used the SUV for that.
My Bordeaux (RIP) would have wrecked the Milano leather in my Acura.
I won't let my Cockapoo in my G70.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
As much as I love dogs I never let my dogs in my car. Always used the SUV for that.
My Bordeaux (RIP) would have wrecked the Milano leather in my Acura.
I won't let my Cockapoo in my G70.
Same. We have a Maltipoo...was in wife’s Pilot which has ventilated front seat. Shithead got on the front seat...took a dump...and stepped all in it. There is now shit in the little holes and essentially inside the seat. Needless to say...I ride in the back or drive. Passenger ventilation is not run anymore for obvious reasons.

That fuckr will never see the inside of my G70.

rmod

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
While waiting for the G70 to finally arrive to USA. I would like to start a thread of things you don't like or would like to improve in the G70.
In my case for example, one of the things I really don't like and looks to me way outdated for a "luxury car" is the incandescent rear turn lights.
What do you think?

Auto start stop (if you have one) enabled by default every time the ignition is cycled. Auto hold disabled. These would have been much better the other way around.

Andyj

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Same. We have a Maltipoo...was in wife’s Pilot which has ventilated front seat. Shithead got on the front seat...took a dump...and stepped all in it. There is now shit in the little holes and essentially inside the seat. Needless to say...I ride in the back or drive. Passenger ventilation is not run anymore for obvious reasons.

Sounds like a "Multi-Poop" instead of a Maltipoo. Dog shit pressed into perforated leather sounds nasty.

Ed Okin

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Southern California, USA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Hah I wish it was a bit louder in enhanced mode, but still great as is.

There is an annoying rattle coming from the rear passenger area/trunk and it's killing me trying to find the source. I can only hear it on certain rough road patches, not at all on smooth/bumps over roads. It might be the headliner at the rear but still not sure. I am making small changes 1 by 1 to the seat belts, rear seat adjustments, etc...

I'm getting 19 mpg with mostly city driving in custom sport mode. Could be better but still breaking in at 550 miles

Otherwise I still love the car. Heads turn all day 😎
Maybe it’s a Genesis Press Kit? 😊

2AFF437A-0079-494C-81F5-3F0C40468EA3.jpeg

mikemu30

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

I apologize but this is one of the funniest posts ive ever read. I can relate as we have a maltipoo as well but hes never dumped on our perforated seats🤣

50jae

PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Maybe it’s a Genesis Press Kit? 😊

View attachment 17487
I enjoyed that review from TST, I wish I can live anywhere remotely close to Angeles Crest... looks like a canyon carver's dream.

The rattle was caused by the dealer rear plate bracket - removing it seems to have eliminated the sound, at least for today. Fingers crossed I can enjoy just pure engine sounds for the remaining life of the car!

JayceM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

I don't think a compact sedan is what you need from what you're saying. It just sounds like the G70 wouldn't be a good fit. Good luck though.

Rmsanger

I don't think a compact sedan is what you need from what you're saying. It just sounds like the G70 wouldn't be a good fit. Good luck though.
We have a MDX for family trips, older Miata for my single bachelor canyon carving days, a beater Maxima for when I don't care about going to the hood.

I'm looking for a sports sedan for daily commute that I can take up into the mountains for a half day with the family. The MDX is great for long trips but certainly is not great for spirited driving.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.