What things you don't like in the G70?

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Same. We have a Maltipoo...was in wife’s Pilot which has ventilated front seat. Shithead got on the front seat...took a dump...and stepped all in it. There is now shit in the little holes and essentially inside the seat. Needless to say...I ride in the back or drive. Passenger ventilation is not run anymore for obvious reasons.

That fuckr will never see the inside of my G70.
Geez--that is just awful.

NickB2005

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I can sit behind myself comfortably and I have longer legs compared to average. I'm 5'10. A major reason I got the G70 though is the ability to fit a rear facing child seat in the rear, the thread with all the pictures definitely helped my decision. I think it's fine to use for a family of 3 with a baby.
In in the same boat! 8 month old and then my wife and I. I drive her to daycare every morning and just pop the rear facing in, no issues. Got a mirror on the back headrest so I can see her and don't have any issues.

50jae

Registered Member
PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
In in the same boat! 8 month old and then my wife and I. I drive her to daycare every morning and just pop the rear facing in, no issues. Got a mirror on the back headrest so I can see her and don't have any issues.
Nice! Would you mind sharing a pic of your setup?

NickB2005

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Nice! Would you mind sharing a pic of your setup?
Does this help?

Attachments

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Side note...you know what I really enjoy? Look at pic 3 from my last post the ability to move the passengers seat while still sitting in the drivers seat is amazing!
Yeah...it really is. I usually keep the seat back...as I often put stuff in the front seat. Occasionally when I get 2 passengers...I can quickly move the seat forward so the person in the back is comfy...without having the front passenger have to fiddle around, etc.

Another thing I do sometimes is...if I need something to be upright and don't feel like messing with the trunk...I put it behind the passenger seat on the floor. When I get in the car...I simply move the passenger seat back just enough until it holds the item from falling over, etc. Example...gas can for my mower !!

kenbefound

Registered Member
Springfield, MA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
For those of you with families and complaining about back seats, are you guys using the G70 as the main vehicle or only vehicle?
I personally don't care about the back seats even though it is slightly smaller than my Acura. I have 2 boys and they are only ever in my car if my wife needs me to pick them up or if we're both doing seperate things at the same time.
But using it as a main vehicle for families knowing that is is a RWD based COMPACT sedan and yet complaining about it is a bit ridiculous!
Also driving in a seating position with your arms stretched out is incorrect.
I don't agree, if the car has back doors the discussion is fair and warranted.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

kenbefound

Registered Member
Springfield, MA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
the honda accord 2.0T may be a better fit for kenbefound...tons of interior space.
I appreciate the support but I did not mean to imply the G70 was not a good fit for me. Earlier in the thread a G70 owner was critical of a few items, one of which was limited space, and they caught grief for it. Seems like we should be able to be critical on a discussion forum. I was reacting to that, sorry for the confusion.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I appreciate the support but I did not mean to imply the G70 was not a good fit for me. Earlier in the thread a G70 owner was critical of a few items, one of which was limited space, and they caught grief for it. Seems like we should be able to be critical on a discussion forum. I was reacting to that, sorry for the confusion.
Most of us accept the car is tight in the back but we expect it because of the Compact RWD segment it is in.
But the people complaining are doing so because they want to use it for things bigger cars or FWD cars are normally better at!

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

KusaKusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I don't dislike the quilting, but I do think it would be better if they varied up the pattern a bit. Both the majority of the seat and the side of the door have the same pattern, while a lot of other implementations of quilting on seats have it partially quilted but with other patterns/sewing to add complexity. I could see how the quilting would be too much of the same thing.

Gee Bee

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

KusaKusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I wouldn't say the Lexus ES is a spirited ride. Even in F Sport, it's still FWD with a front heavy weight distribution and pretty large dimensions. Also it uses a V6 with no turbo, so you have to rev it out to get decent acceleration. If you're looking for back seat space with sportiness, the Infiniti Q50, Audi A4, Honda Accord, and Acura TLX may be good considerations.

Slides

Hasn't posted much yet...
NJ
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I wouldn't say the Lexus ES is a spirited ride. Even in F Sport, it's still FWD with a front heavy weight distribution and pretty large dimensions. Also it uses a V6 with no turbo, so you have to rev it out to get decent acceleration. If you're looking for back seat space with sportiness, the Infiniti Q50, Audi A4, Honda Accord, and Acura TLX may be good considerations.
The TLX, Accord and the A4 (to a lesser extent perhaps) are also nose heavy less than spirited cars.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The TLX, Accord and the A4 (to a lesser extent perhaps) are also nose heavy less than spirited cars.
They've done wonders in chassis dynamics for the new 2017+ A4. Feels like a different car compared to previous models!