What things you don't like in the G70?

Rmsanger

Hasn't posted much yet...
Man and I really like the grille on the G70 compared to the Stinger. Not that the Kia is bad but I prefer the size on the G70 versus the karp mouth look.
I'm just not a fan of the over aggressive grill trend started by Ford and carried over into Lexus with the predator styles.

https://motorillustrated.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/2019-Genesis-G70-3.3T-vs-2018-Kia-Stinger-GT-Limited-66.jpg

I still agree that the G70 is a much better looking car but I do certain aspects of the stinger better. The door handles, grill, rear proportions of the stinger are great. But everything else on the G70 is just done better especially the paint.

https://st.motortrend.com/uploads/sites/5/2017/09/2018-Kia-Stinger-2019-Genesis-G70.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Ierz4KjXr_k/maxresdefault.jpg

Cowtown

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Greater Victoria, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I appreciate the body styling on the Stinger to be clear, hood vent applique aside. The rear 'haunches' on both cars are great, I like the aggressive hips that they have, reminds me of my 96 Cobra that has similar very pronounced strong rear 3rd. And it's not that I don't like the Stinger grille, I just prefer the bigger one. To me it suggests performance I guess.

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The cold the last few weeks has me really irritated by the lack of seat heaters on the app when starting the car. The seats are ice cold and hard as a rock after work even after running for 10+ minutes.

On the plus side in this weather the car stays really clean after a wash!

NickB2005

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The cold the last few weeks has me really irritated by the lack of seat heaters on the app when starting the car. The seats are ice cold and hard as a rock after work even after running for 10+ minutes.

On the plus side in this weather the car stays really clean after a wash!
Yes! That's one thing I wish they'd add. I mean they added the steering wheel and rear defrost. It must be fairly simple to add? I thought the same thing back to my sonata limited when I used the blue link app. Would put it over the edge I feel.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Yes! That's one thing I wish they'd add. I mean they added the steering wheel and rear defrost. It must be fairly simple to add? I thought the same thing back to my sonata limited when I used the blue link app. Would put it over the edge I feel.
Only car I had that I could put the seats on was my 2010 Sonata. I could hit the switch beforehand and it would stay on.

Springer

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Only car I had that I could put the seats on was my 2010 Sonata. I could hit the switch beforehand and it would stay on.
Well the simple factory key fob starter on my Jeep Grand Cherokee is smart enough to turn on the seat heaters when the temp is below zero (not sure the exact temp) and the a/c seats when the temp is about 20 or so.

And every Ford starter for the last 5 plus years can as well, plus their app. Just seems like a no brainer and something I just think there is no excuse for Genesis not to have.

joschneider

Registered Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Auto tilt down (not sure what to call it) where you put the car in reverse and the side view mirrors tilt downward is only available if you have the mirror switch in the non neutral setting. just a weird quirk, and I just found out we had it today!

joschneider

Registered Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Also, I wish there was a verbal chime to confirm all doors unlock vs just the one unlock. You can double click to unlock all but as far as I know the chime is the same for both. Has resulted in many times where my fiancé tries to open the door and I didn’t realize until I was in the car and she was yanking on the handle that it didn’t take my double click unlock command

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Auto tilt down (not sure what to call it) where you put the car in reverse and the side view mirrors tilt downward is only available if you have the mirror switch in the non neutral setting. just a weird quirk, and I just found out we had it today!
And you don't like having that feature?

joschneider

Registered Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
And you don't like having that feature?
I like it, just weird that it only works with the switch in a non neutral setting. I’m the kind of guy that likes to leave it in neutral so I don’t accidentally hit it but it’s just a quirk I wanted to point out. Not a big deal at all to leave the switch on the left or right side

50jae

Registered Member
PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Also, I wish there was a verbal chime to confirm all doors unlock vs just the one unlock. You can double click to unlock all but as far as I know the chime is the same for both. Has resulted in many times where my fiancé tries to open the door and I didn’t realize until I was in the car and she was yanking on the handle that it didn’t take my double click unlock command
I hated the double press unlock feature in my past Genesis so I disabled it straight away on my G70. Unless you live in a dangerous area I'd recommend disabling the double press unlock, saved a lot of frustration for both my wife and I as you open all 4 doors with a single press.

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I like it, just weird that it only works with the switch in a non neutral setting. I’m the kind of guy that likes to leave it in neutral so I don’t accidentally hit it but it’s just a quirk I wanted to point out. Not a big deal at all to leave the switch on the left or right side
Oh, I understand.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Last edited:

MRJONG

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I can't remember if this is normal behavior or not anymore. Should you be able to roll up windows while on accessory power? Sometimes I'll be waiting for some friends to show up somewhere and I like to sit with the car off and windows down. But the only way I can roll them up is if I turn on the car? Is that normal on cars?

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I can't remember if this is normal behavior or not anymore. Should you be able to roll up windows while on accessory power? Sometimes I'll be waiting for some friends to show up somewhere and I like to sit with the car off and windows down. But the only way I can roll them up is if I turn on the car? Is that normal on cars?
I think you can roll them up...but only before X number of seconds...or before anyone opens a door.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90