What things you don't like in the G70?

MRJONG

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
To elaborate onBeefer’s response:
The Engine Start/Stop button must be in the ON position to be able to raise or lower the windows. Each door has a Power Window switch to control that door's window. The driver has a Power Window Lock switch which can block the operation of pas- senger windows. The power windows will operate for approximately 30 seconds after the Engine Start/Stop button is in the OFF position.
However, if the front doors are opened, the Power Windows cannot be operated even within the 30 second period.
Got it, thanks for the clarification. I guess on my old car I could turn the ignition to the ON position without actually turning on the car, but with a push to start car I can only turn the car on or put it into accessory power mode where you can't control the windows.

JayceM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Got it, thanks for the clarification. I guess on my old car I could turn the ignition to the ON position without actually turning on the car, but with a push to start car I can only turn the car on or put it into accessory power mode where you can't control the windows.
Have you tried pushing the button twice? Without your foot on the brake? Usually first push is accessory mode and second push is the same as it being on but not cranked. At least I'm pretty sure that's how my wife's Sorento works and they may not have changed that. Just a thought.

PD705

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Have you tried pushing the button twice? Without your foot on the break? Usually first push is accessory mode and second push is the same as it being on but not cranked. At least I'm pretty sure that's how my wife's Sorento works and they may not have changed that. Just a thought.
This is correct. Just press the ignition button twice without touching the brake. One touch is Accessory Mode, the second is ON mode that activates all functions (including HVAC and power windows/sunroof).

MRJONG

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Have you tried pushing the button twice? Without your foot on the brake? Usually first push is accessory mode and second push is the same as it being on but not cranked. At least I'm pretty sure that's how my wife's Sorento works and they may not have changed that. Just a thought.
This is correct. Just press the ignition button twice without touching the brake. One touch is Accessory Mode, the second is ON mode that activates all functions (including HVAC and power windows/sunroof).
Haven't tried that, I'll give it a shot today. Still learning the ways of push to start!

Falldog

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Anyone have issues with adjusting the seats? Not that the seats don't adjust, but finding the best seating position? No matter what I just can't get comfortable over long trips. Eventually my upper back starts to stiffen and hurt and I don't know what to do :(

I've also noticed that the passenger seat, when empty, sometimes build up a vibration like the road bumps are finely tuned to the seat's resonance frequency.

joschneider

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Anyone have issues with adjusting the seats? Not that the seats don't adjust, but finding the best seating position? No matter what I just can't get comfortable over long trips. Eventually my upper back starts to stiffen and hurt and I don't know what to do :(

I've also noticed that the passenger seat, when empty, sometimes build up a vibration like the road bumps are finely tuned to the seat's resonance frequency.
Noticed both! Bothers me to look over and see the passenger seat vibrating like crazy. And for some reason I just can’t get my seat comfy, although that’s more than likely some sort of user error

50jae

Hasn't posted much yet...
PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I love the seats on my G70 moreso than all of my previous cars and my wife's current accord. It has just the right amount of bolstering and cushioning and I never felt uncomfortable in it. When I took a 4 hour trip in the accord recently, the seats just didn't feel as comfortable and I had trouble walking afterwards.

It's likely highly dependent on your body build (I have a slender build) but I'd suggest fine tuning your seating position more because there is a lot of adjustability.

I do notice some engine-induced vibration when I'm idling but it's not anything that annoys me. I remember my older 2015 genesis 3.8 had a similar vibration at stoplights or with the AC on so maybe I'm just used to it now.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Same thing with me once I got the car. Didn't encounter it while doing the test drive.
Solved it by basically lowering the seat all the way down and adjusting every other parameter other than height.
I've never say all the way to the ground on my other vehicles so I didn't try it the first 2 weeks but I'm glad I did!

MRJONG

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What car did you guys have before the G70? The farthest I've driven is 4 hours and I think the seats are really comfortable, then again I'm coming from a 2006 Subaru WRX so my bar was set pretty low.

Toddasaurus

Registered Member
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What car did you guys have before the G70? The farthest I've driven is 4 hours and I think the seats are really comfortable, then again I'm coming from a 2006 Subaru WRX so my bar was set pretty low.
Haha, I hear you. I've been driving beaters ever since college. My most recent car before the G70 was a '98 Subaru outback sport. That said, anything newer would've been a huge upgrade. The G70 is so dang luxurious.

GenesisYEG

Been here awhile...
Edmonton, Alberta
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

I had to lower the seat all the way to the floor then raise the front end up so my legs had enough support. Once I did that my seat was comfortable for a 15 hour straight road trip. I also set 2 presets, with one being slightly closer and more elevated just to mix things up a bit. Worked like a charm.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.