What things you don't like in the G70?

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ yeah it is interesting. but it makes sense if you really think on it. without the visual on the screen, pressing up will take you from 3 to 4. with the visual, you move up to the next physical station on the screen - i.e. 4 to 3. it would be weird to press down on the steering wheel toggle to go up on the screen. it is set up the most intuitive way, but i certainly took note of it the first time or two.

MRJONG

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ yeah it is interesting. but it makes sense if you really think on it. without the visual on the screen, pressing up will take you from 3 to 4. with the visual, you move up to the next physical station on the screen - i.e. 4 to 3. it would be weird to press down on the steering wheel toggle to go up on the screen. it is set up the most intuitive way, but i certainly took note of it the first time or two.
Yea that does make sense. I'll probably remember from now on, thanks!

PD705

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Has anyone noticed this behavior using the steering wheel to switch through radio station presets? If I have the Radio screen open and I push down on the steering wheel, it will go through the stations in 1,2,3,4 order. If I have Android Auto on the screen but am still listening to the radio, the controls are reversed, it will go up through the presets (4,3,2,1) instead of down.
Intentional. On the radio screen, you see the presets "stacked" top-to-bottom. The direction control for station changes corresponds to this layout, matching what your eyes see - i.e. down is down, up is up. But on other screens, where there's no visual reference, your natural inclination is to click "up" for "next", with "down" for "back." The car is essentially changing the function on the wheel based on the menu to try and best match your instinct for how it should work, based on what's visible.

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^^ That's the reason why I always lease my cars. I only have to wait three years for getting all the goodies new tech will bring.
See, I love to lease for this reason but I was going to actually buy this vehicle. Ugh, I might as well just lease it.
I don't see why leasing makes a difference. There is nothing stopping me from selling my car in 3 years. In fact if I wanted to sell today it would probably be easier for me than you since I don't have to deal with the lease. Granted at the end of the lease it is easier to get rid of your car, but at the same time, if you tint or put on 3M or have your car in perfect condition, they don't give you anything extra for that where you might benefit from those things selling or trading in later.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
One very important thing about leasing...wreck your car? Who cares...just fix it...yourself or insurance, etc.

If you own...CarFax will destroy you. You’ll NEVER get what your car is worth. NEVER. If it’s reported...yer done.

Happened with my Audi. Side mirror got clipped by a USPS truck. Gov’t vehicle so had to be reported. Since all dealers check CarFax...and most intelligent individuals as well...I was getting dinged thousands since it was reported an accident. I f’ing hate CarFax...LOL.

When leasing...you return the car as you bought it...simple as that.

For me...that’s the #1 worry free reason for leasing.

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I don't see why leasing makes a difference. There is nothing stopping me from selling my car in 3 years. In fact if I wanted to sell today it would probably be easier for me than you since I don't have to deal with the lease. Granted at the end of the lease it is easier to get rid of your car, but at the same time, if you tint or put on 3M or have your car in perfect condition, they don't give you anything extra for that where you might benefit from those things selling or trading in later.
If you sell your car now you will be losing a lot because to depreciation, after three years you need to sell your car. You have three options, private sell that probably will take months, Carmax praying they'll give you a reasonably price or with a dealer as trade in expecting to get thousands less of the real price of the car. Too much hassle for me. Lease, use the car and return it. I only buy when planing to keep the car for a long time.

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I get it can be easier, but I have never had a problem selling a car in a short period of time. I also put fairly high mileage on my vehicles (26-28K a year) so leasing isn't as cost effective.

So far I have always found it to be cost effective to buy. My last two new vehicles I sold were a Ford Expedition Limited that cost me just over $500/month to own for 4 years (can't lease for close to that) and a BMW 535 that cost just over $600/month for just under 4 years. That was a $74K vehicle.

Oh well, don't want to get more off topic, as long as everyone is happy with their decision. :)

Buckdes

I get it can be easier, but I have never had a problem selling a car in a short period of time. I also put fairly high mileage on my vehicles (26-28K a year) so leasing isn't as cost effective.

So far I have always found it to be cost effective to buy. My last two new vehicles I sold were a Ford Expedition Limited that cost me just over $500/month to own for 4 years (can't lease for close to that) and a BMW 535 that cost just over $600/month for just under 4 years. That was a $74K vehicle.

Oh well, don't want to get more off topic, as long as everyone is happy with their decision. :)
I agree, i rolled the dice on the G70 trade value and figured in 3 years after a 7 year finance term at 1.9 interest rate hopefully i may get close to what i owe and can get into a new vehicle, if not... well at least Genesis has a great warranty and service plan and oh yeah.. the car is still great

Just which it had ambient lighting and crackle and pops

Falldog

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just which it had ambient lighting and crackle and pops
My old Nissan feels faster, even though it certainly isn't, just because I can hear the NISMO exhaust.

Anyhow, my G70 did a poor job telling me my door was ajar the other day. If you're in drive and the door isn't properly closed it just says to put it in park and turn off the engine. I kept thinking there was something wrong, despite the lack of other errors, until I figured out what was wrong. It's like a few seconds delay between turning off the car and it showing that the door is open. How about just telling me the door is open up front and letting me go from there? lol

Buckdes

On the looks side of things, not sure why they did not put dark chrome badges on the top spec sport model to match everything else, plastidipping them this weekend anyway but dark chrome would have saved me the trouble

Tdefrees

Registered Member
Utica, IN
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Adding to my short list. Garage door opener is weak and tired of having to reactivate the auto hold feature every time I start the engine. But what I hate most is when I'm not driving it. 😉

Toddasaurus

Robots, lasers, dinosaurs.
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
On the looks side of things, not sure why they did not put dark chrome badges on the top spec sport model to match everything else, plastidipping them this weekend anyway but dark chrome would have saved me the trouble
Post pics when you're done! Have been thinking of doing the same, but, I really don't mind them being the way they are now.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.