What things you don't like in the G70?

Buckdes

Getting familiar with the group...

Toddasaurus

Robots, lasers, dinosaurs.
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
This actually looks pretty amazing b, but yeah 130 bucks a little too much, plastidip should look similar although not as nice but way cheaper and i can also spray the 3.3T badge as well as the G70 badge.

I am really hoping more items like this come to amazon so i can buy them easier, just hate handing out credit card info

Plasti-dipping will not only be cheaper, but if done correctly will also look very premium. I've done a fair amount of plasti-dipping and you can make it look very smooth. You can also add a dip compatible clear coat to create a warm satin sheen.

Whichever way you go be sure to share some pics!

Tdefrees

Registered Member
Utica, IN
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Huh? after programming...all is perfect.
I have to be within 10-15ft before the signal is detected by the opener. My wife's 2014 Sorento can open it from 50-100ft away. Just annoying when pressing the button several times and having to wait for it to open.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

jaxsully

Hasn't posted much yet...
Sunny FLorida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
As a new owner coming from a 2015 G80 5.0 Ultimate is that I am a a radio and playlist "scroller". Having to reach up to the console each time is driving me a bit nuts.

Buckdes

As a new owner coming from a 2015 G80 5.0 Ultimate is that I am a a radio and playlist "scroller". Having to reach up to the console each time is driving me a bit nuts.
I do agree , i much prefer a dial near the armrest although i currently use mostly voice with my android auto account, works flawlessly

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Don't the buttons on the left on the steering wheel scroll thru selections?

Mooch174

Registered Member
Ontario, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Huh? after programming...all is perfect.
The range on mine is pretty good too, it works from 3-ish houses away, I haven't tried farther than that. Mine works well for opening but sometimes I have to press it twice to close for some reason, the first press doesn't register...it doesn't bother me much though.

My only (very minor) complaint that I can think the frameless rearview mirrors in some other cars are pretty nice, like the top-end Mazda6. The one in the G70 looks pretty chunky in comparison. But I guess they need somewhere for the garage buttons etc. :p

Last edited:

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Ah a new one - again coming from the G80 - the G70 has such a small gas tank, I know I will get used to it but I was so used to seeing;

Range = 434 on full and not Range = 302

LOL
That's a very good complain. It happened to me as well. Range is really bad on the G70.

LD5050

Zorg Industries
SUPPORTING MEMBER
East Texas
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

Buckdes

Plasti-dipping will not only be cheaper, but if done correctly will also look very premium. I've done a fair amount of plasti-dipping and you can make it look very smooth. You can also add a dip compatible clear coat to create a warm satin sheen.

Whichever way you go be sure to share some pics!
Plastidipped my badges yesterday also got rid of the htrac badge

Attachments

tumtum

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Ah a new one - again coming from the G80 - the G70 has such a small gas tank, I know I will get used to it but I was so used to seeing;

Range = 434 on full and not Range = 302

LOL
yea range on this car is absoulte ass... I had to fill up 4 times this week, but I Also drove it a lot... I didn't drive it too hard tho and average about 22-23 mpg.

tumtum

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The seats in this car start to hurt my butt after about an hour of driving. My back use to hurt, but I figured out how to change the lumbar.... but the seats are not as comfortable as a lexus or acura.. I have the sport package btw.

KusaKusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
The range on mine is pretty good too, it works from 3-ish houses away, I haven't tried farther than that. Mine works well for opening but sometimes I have to press it twice to close for some reason, the first press doesn't register...it doesn't bother me much though.

My only (very minor) complaint that I can think the frameless rearview mirrors in some other cars are pretty nice, like the top-end Mazda6. The one in the G70 looks pretty chunky in comparison. But I guess they need somewhere for the garage buttons etc. :p
I think I've seen some mirrors with those buttons on the bottom under the mirror, so the buttons aren't on the bezel. So I don't think Genesis/Hyundai has a free excuse for the chunky bezels. Bezelless mirrors add a good deal to the refined look of a car.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.