Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
17 MPG?! I could see that in the 3.3T with fun-focused driving, but in the MT I'm surprised. Are you getting 17 MPG consistently? (city driving, I'm guessing?)
Right, not enough info. Sucks for cruising at a steady 50 on the back roads, but great on the two mile commute in heavy traffic in very cold weather and not getting past 2nd gear. In any case, Genesis is not know for their superior economy. .

ikonn

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Yea that does make sense. I'll probably remember from now on, thanks!

It’s a terrible design. One time it changes stations using an ascending routine, another time it uses a descending routine?

A control should never change it’s functionality if there is no clear benefit. The people trying to rationalize it based on what is on the screen are defending poor design. A driver needs to LOOK at a screen just to figure out which station will come next when down is clicked? Talk about unsafe.

The safest autonomous design provides for a control or switch to do exactly what the driver is expecting it to do without complex, distracting thought. When I press the accelerator I expect the car to accelerate. I press the brake, the car slows down. Etc, etc.

ikonn

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Intentional. On the radio screen, you see the presets "stacked" top-to-bottom. The direction control for station changes corresponds to this layout, matching what your eyes see - i.e. down is down, up is up. But on other screens, where there's no visual reference, your natural inclination is to click "up" for "next", with "down" for "back." The car is essentially changing the function on the wheel based on the menu to try and best match your instinct for how it should work, based on what's visible.
Sorry, I think it is poor design. See my other posts. I can give example after example for why a control should operate consistently and NEVER do the exact opposite. Here’s another one: would you be happy if the left indicator flashes when you push the turn signal lever up just because your Nav screen is set for North orientation and you happen to be heading south and want to turn left? That’s madness, regardless of how much you might want to rationalize it.

End of the day, your natural inclination is not mine. And clearly not the inclination of many others who are also confused. Creating confusion when driving should never be an objective of a car company.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ nobody else seems confused. It is designed correctly...and makes 100% logical sense.

You must know that intelligent engineers designed and tested this...not a last minute goof up.

Genesis has done a ton of intelligent things in this car. Showing wiper status is one of Theo.

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've been using the same system for 6 years and never got confused. It's been explained many times here and for me it is very logical. If you don't like it, of course its your choice but stop saying is a poor design. Tune a station, listen to the music and enjoy driving this f'...ing awesome car.

Last edited:

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Lol why are we arguing about radio presets and making a big deal out of it as if it were something to do with core operability or driving dynamics?
I know this has been brought up before but I didn't think it was operating the wrong way or didn't realize it cause I didn't care. It's either toggle up or down. Not as if it is menu hunting!

jaxsully

Hasn't posted much yet...
Sunny FLorida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Okay the next items is the front seatbelts. I know this is being petty but with the windows rolled down the from passenger seat belt heavy portion flops around and hits the inside side panel. There is no taughtness so to speak. So I have to ride with the seat belt buckled with no passengers. lol

Falldog

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Okay the next items is the front seatbelts. I know this is being petty but with the windows rolled down the from passenger seat belt heavy portion flops around and hits the inside side panel. There is no taughtness so to speak. So I have to ride with the seat belt buckled with no passengers. lol
Haha I had the same thought. It fixes itself if you drive faster lol

On the note of silly issues, why not make the light selector 'Auto' the flush option, instead of off, since it aught to be auto 99.99% of the time.

Oh, and I'm on board with the "preset scrolling should be consistent between modes." Basic design sense.

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have a few small complaints about my G70 now that I've had a chance to actually drive it. I find I don't care for the automatic sliding seat upon entry and exit of the car. I am on the shorter side at 5'8", and I find that it makes it hard to reach the door handles to close the door, and it actually makes it harder to get in and out of the car. I'll almost certainly be disabling that feature, it seems more appropriate for taller drivers or perhaps those that are bigger around the midsection.

I also am not a huge fan of the way that the rear seats are indented at the bottom, as it creates issues with my daughters booster seat. It causes the booster seat to cover up the seatbelt connector clip, and causes issues with her being able to buckle up her seatbelt. For now I have a towel placed underneath the car seat protector cover that sits underneath her booster seat to flatten the surface of the seat out some, but it is still too indented for the booster seat to sit where it needs to.

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ yeah, i have towels to raise the booster seas up so that the buckle is not obscured. haven't had an issue since. before, not only was the buckle hard to get at for my daughters, but the booster left a mark on my seat cushions.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Got asked 3 times so far owning the car for about 2 weeks what is that a new chrysler....
It's the emblem. Old people identify it as a Chrysler. Same thing my father-in-law did and I was pissed. I would think Aston or Bentley before Chrysler would cross my mind!

KP-G

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
After a month of ownership, my only complaint is with the windshield wipers.

There is no Intermittent mode where I can control the speed. Only Auto. Which even in the lowest/slowest mode insists on going to Ludicrous Speed with even a moderate amount of rain.

Buckdes

Getting familiar with the group...
After a month of ownership, my only complaint is with the windshield wipers.

There is no Intermittent mode where I can control the speed. Only Auto. Which even in the lowest/slowest mode insists on going to Ludicrous Speed with even a moderate amount of rain.
I agree 1000% ! Worst auto wipers i have ever experienced , for me though my windshield has to be like looking through a waterfall before they kick in