What things you don't like in the G70?

cubsfannc

When looking at a G80 Sport yesterday I gave the G70 a close look. Really looks great. However, as a tall person I only fit by slinging the seat back a good bit rendering the seat behind me almost useless. Would any other members who are tall be able to reasonable fit family members/children in the back behind them? Would love a comment or two from owners on that aspect.

Soma

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
When looking at a G80 Sport yesterday I gave the G70 a close look. Really looks great. However, as a tall person I only fit by slinging the seat back a good bit rendering the seat behind me almost useless. Would any other members who are tall be able to reasonable fit family members/children in the back behind them? Would love a comment or two from owners on that aspect.
I'm 5'11 and its still a bit of a tight fit for passengers behind me. It's primarily due to the lack of vertical room for people's toes under the seat

Buckdes

Getting familiar with the group...
I am 6'2 nobody will fit behind me in my usual driving position but for a quick little drive i could adjust my seat to accomodate someone for sure

cubsfannc

I am 6'2 nobody will fit behind me in my usual driving position but for a quick little drive i could adjust my seat to accomodate someone for sure
I am 6'4" so know this would be an issue even though I am alone while driving 95%+ of the time.

ephone1

Registered Member
The sport tires are noisy on freeway expansion joints and the exhaust has drone at 1800-2000 RPMs. Granted, I've been driving without the radio on most of the time as I get used to it.

PD705

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Do any of us actually use the rear seats for anything other than storage...?
My daughter in her massive rear-facing seat on a daily basis.

The sport tires are noisy on freeway expansion joints and the exhaust has drone at 1800-2000 RPMs. Granted, I've been driving without the radio on most of the time as I get used to it.
Try shutting off the Active Sound.

nellie1289

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Would be nice if the screeen folded into the dash if you wanted to. My a7 did this.

soundman414

Registered Member
Chicago, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
  • I don't like that the RWD sport doesn't get a heated steering wheel.
  • I wish the shifter and manual mode were more like other cars, where you can move the shift lever to the side and get into manual mode no matter what the traction settings are, and pull back for upshifts, push down for downshifts.
  • I don't like the oval exhaust tips. Quads would be preferable to me.

nucar

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Audi stopped doing that
It was one more thing to break. Also, since most people have the screen up when using the car - why bother with the complexity of having it fold away. The newer models all have moved to a dual screen touch MMI as well - so the Q5 MCU will likely head that way as well:

nellie1289

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It was one more thing to break. Also, since most people have the screen up when using the car - why bother with the complexity of having it fold away. The newer models all have moved to a dual screen touch MMI as well - so the Q5 MCU will likely head that way as well:

I found it was nice at nighttime driving down the road to fold it away. Gave better view of road. All the same info was in the center part of dash too as well