What things you don't like in the G70?

ephone1

Registered Member
I got a new A6 as loaner when I took my Q7 in for service a few weeks ago. I love Audi's interiors, but really disliked this one. I didn't like the touchscreen vs dial controls, and the wood panel area above the touchscreen across the whole dash (over the Quattro log too) is like a shelf - and it's hollow and feels cheap. After so many great interiors, this is the worst I've see from Audi. I was pretty surprised.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

nucar

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I got a new A6 as loaner when I took my Q7 in for service a few weeks ago. I love Audi's interiors, but really disliked this one. I didn't like the touchscreen vs dial controls, and the wood panel area above the touchscreen across the whole dash (over the Quattro log too) is like a shelf - and it's hollow and feels cheap. After so many great interiors, this is the worst I've see from Audi. I was pretty surprised.
Completely agree - I had an A6 loaner when my S5 wasin for a firmware update. The dual screens work quite well - but they are fingerprint magnets (as are all touch screens) and the top screen is too low on the dash. I much prefer the physical MMI controls on my S5 as I can do most things by feel. Agree on the shelf too - and too much piano black trim too!

nucar

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I found it was nice at nighttime driving down the road to fold it away. Gave better view of road. All the same info was in the center part of dash too as well
I found it was nice at nighttime driving down the road to fold it away. Gave better view of road. All the same info was in the center part of dash too as well
The screen on my S5 does not block the view of the road in any way (but is high enough for easy quick glances for info) and you can turn it off if you find it distracting at night. The same was true on newer Q5 loaners I've had. I've know a few people with A6's and A-8's that had the plastic gears on the folding mechanism break - so don't miss that pending failure since my screenis always up while driving anyhow!

ephone1

Registered Member
They forgot to mention that CarPlay is a subscriber service on BMW. Also, if you really like listening to quality music, bluetooth has historically been a lower quality connection for playing music than a physical cable - although that may have changed with the latest versions.

KusaKusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
A lot of people have mentioned that while wireless CarPlay is good in theory, it's bad in execution since it constantly disconnects. I do wish Genesis did have the door handle sensor for keyless entry instead of the door button, but I've already mentioned that elsewhere.

Falldog

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
One thing I really miss is having the temperature setting displayed somewhere with the rest of the climate controls. The pop down in the infotanement center works well enough, but it's something you have to go looking for vs. something you can just check at a glance.

Maybe put it as an option on the dashboard, would be a lot useful than most of the info generally available.

Falldog

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ yeah...drives me nuts. After > 6 months of ownership...irks me every time I drive it.

Either have the HVAC info always visible in that top portion (perhaps smaller font when not adjusting)...or put the current setting on the dials like Audi does.
That's how my 10 year old Nissan is. It's one of the few things I appreciate over the G70 when I take for a drive these days.

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I don't like how the HVAC information isn't available until the infotainment system boots up. Compounding this is the fact that I find the HVAC fan likes to set itself to the 5 or 6 setting upon startup, when I typically turn the car off with it set to 2 or 3. It makes a huge amount of noise at the higher setting which drives me nuts.

Another small nuisance I've found is that the heads up display likes to occasionally set itself to the highest vertical position from time to time. I have to occasionally set it back down lower so I can actually see it.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I don't like how the HVAC information isn't available until the infotainment system boots up. Compounding this is the fact that I find the HVAC fan likes to set itself to the 5 or 6 setting upon startup, when I typically turn the car off with it set to 2 or 3. It makes a huge amount of noise at the higher setting which drives me nuts.

Another small nuisance I've found is that the heads up display likes to occasionally set itself to the highest vertical position from time to time. I have to occasionally set it back down lower so I can actually see it.
If your HVAC is not set to Auto...the fan will stay on the last setting you had.

Soma

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I keep checking, and it's definitely not set to auto, so not sure why it's doing that. My wife's Sorento does the same thing actually.
Mine stays at the last setting. Dig around your settings in the menus. I think there's something that allows for it to revert to auto (for window defogging, etc) that may impact it.