What things you don't like in the G70?

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Mine stays at the last setting. Dig around your settings in the menus. I think there's something that allows for it to revert to auto (for window defogging, etc) that may impact it.
Thanks, I'll take a deeper look into the settings.

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Mine stays at the last setting. Dig around your settings in the menus. I think there's something that allows for it to revert to auto (for window defogging, etc) that may impact it.
Mine stays at the last setting too but when use the remote start on the Genesis app and switch the temp settings button on then when the car start the HVAC fan goes to the Max setting.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Another small nuisance I've found is that the heads up display likes to occasionally set itself to the highest vertical position from time to time. I have to occasionally set it back down lower so I can actually see it.
This happened to me once, and I figured out why (for me, at least). The HUD setting are tied to the seat memory. So, I had adjusted the HUD height a while after setting my seat the way I wanted it and assigned the appropriate buttons. One day I had, evidently, pressed my seat recall button and it changed my HUD height. I didn't realize it at the time and it took me a long time to figure it out.

So, make sure when you adjust the HUD to the way you want it, to save your seat memory right after doing so. That way if it is wrong, just push your seat recall button and it will snap right back. But, ever since I did that it hasn't changed (my wife never drives my car, even though I have things set up for her in the #2 seat memory button).

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
This happened to me once, and I figured out why (for me, at least). The HUD setting are tied to the seat memory. So, I had adjusted the HUD height a while after setting my seat the way I wanted it and assigned the appropriate buttons. One day I had, evidently, pressed my seat recall button and it changed my HUD height. I didn't realize it at the time and it took me a long time to figure it out.

So, make sure when you adjust the HUD to the way you want it, to save your seat memory right after doing so. That way if it is wrong, just push your seat recall button and it will snap right back. But, ever since I did that it hasn't changed (my wife never drives my car, even though I have things set up for her in the #2 seat memory button).
Cool, I bet it's when my wife has driven and activated her seat settings that changed the HUD height.

apothnyc

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Test drove a 3.3 in very sunny/hot Palm Springs and thought the HUD was a bit dim? Is this an issue or was it just too sunny?

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Test drove a 3.3 in very sunny/hot Palm Springs and thought the HUD was a bit dim? Is this an issue or was it just too sunny?
I find it's very hard to see if there is direct sunlight on the windshield, even at full brightness.

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So I think I discovered why my HVAC system keeps ramping the fan up to 5 setting. It seems that when you set the system to front defrost, it defaults to 5 fan setting. I don't like this in the slightest as the system is super noisy at this setting, but it seems that I'll just have to deal with and turn the fan down upon startup like 6 months out of the year.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I still love this car. But -- not so fond of getting the mats in and out of the car. I know that Lexus had an acceleration issue several years ago which they theoretically linked to wayward mats. And, it has led to a mat design with hooks and increasing degrees of difficulty at getting the mat into and out of the car.
Oh well--I think it was forced upon us by lawsuits/product liability law.

Soma

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I still love this car. But -- not so fond of getting the mats in and out of the car. I know that Lexus had an acceleration issue several years ago which they theoretically linked to wayward mats. And, it has led to a mat design with hooks and increasing degrees of difficulty at getting the mat into and out of the car.
Oh well--I think it was forced upon us by lawsuits/product liability law.
Unfortunately dumb lawsuits f$%k up things for the rest of the people who aren't dumb enough to let their floor mats rest on their gas pedal. Not that I'm going to do this on mine, but you could trim the horizontal portions of those hooks a bit (or even completely off) and it would make life much easier when removing...I think...

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Unfortunately dumb lawsuits f$%k up things for the rest of the people who aren't dumb enough to let their floor mats rest on their gas pedal. Not that I'm going to do this on mine, but you could trim the horizontal portions of those hooks a bit (or even completely off) and it would make life much easier when removing...I think...
It was a bit annoying--but probably not enough for me to trim the hooks--mainly just took me longer than I thought it should. Not a big deal--but I think you are likely correct, that could modify the hook. :)

Piz

Registered Member
Connecticut
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The floor mat hooks require that you bend the mats in such a way that a lot of the debris dumps onto the car floor, which is very annoying. Hadn't thought about the effect of lawsuits, I guess that's better then straight up bad design.