What things you don't like in the G70?

ninjastar687

Registered Member
New Jersey, USA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I am still not use to getting out of my car for some reason. I am only 6' / 185 pounds and I awkwardly get out of my car by ducking my head a bit and trying to step out without leaning too much on the seat bottom to prevent creases as I exit. I sit back quite a bit too so not sure if that is my problem. My previous car was a Tucson where I just jumped right out! The power trunk close was a miss on the G70 as I had the feature on the Tucson, which cost less.

CaliG70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
There is exposed metal on the inside of the door around the window. I can see blue painted metal - untrimmed.
This bothers me as well compared to competition! What bothers me even more is that the G80 and G90 are fully trimmed. Another thing that bothers me is how the middle seat seatbelt in the back goes into a cutout.

Soma

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Really? I have seen it on all G70s I sat in, in SoCal.
I noticed a greenish glue of sorts (not sure if it's still there) on mine, but definitely not metal. I'll have to go double check. Maybe I overlooked something

I am still not use to getting out of my car for some reason. I am only 6' / 185 pounds and I awkwardly get out of my car by ducking my head a bit and trying to step out without leaning too much on the seat bottom to prevent creases as I exit. I sit back quite a bit too so not sure if that is my problem. My previous car was a Tucson where I just jumped right out! The power trunk close was a miss on the G70 as I had the feature on the Tucson, which cost less.
I noticed in the settings (forgot which, sorry) that there's a way to have you seat fully extend when you open the door. Makes it quite a bit easier to get in/out than the default. Not sure if its affected by the issue where sitting too far back means no further extension on door open though, since I don't sit that far back

Last edited:

GenericUsername

Registered Member
Toronto, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The power trunk close was a miss on the G70 as I had the feature on the Tucson, which cost less.
I agree that this should've been there from the start, especially since the Stinger GT2 had that feature from day one. With that said, the 2020 does have a power trunk. As far as I know, that was the only difference between 2019 and 2020 MY. No other changes, as far as I know.

ninjastar687

Registered Member
New Jersey, USA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I noticed a greenish glue of sorts (not sure if it's still there) on mine, but definitely not metal. I'll have to go double check. Maybe I overlooked something

I noticed in the settings (forgot which, sorry) that there's a way to have you seat fully extend when you open the door. Makes it quite a bit easier to get in/out than the default. Not sure if its affected by the issue where sitting too far back means no further extension on door open though, since I don't sit that far back
I have to play around with the settings to figure out what is the best way...

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Call me old school, but I like the gauges. I see enough of a computer screen at work all day.

Mine has ambient lights in the foot wells and some that shine down onto the console which is fine. Nothing as hip as merc, audi or BMW have now, but whatever, I paid like 15 to 20 grand less than what a similarly equipped BMW would have cost.

Things I dont like: all the silver plastic/faux aluminum buttons. Even the door pulls feel like plastic. I had read how nice all the aluminum was, but to me, most of it seems to be plastic.

Incandescent turn signals, no fog or driving lights. Turn signals can be fixed with some LED bulbs though.

Also dont like the approach greeting mirrors... I turned that and the proximity trunk open off. Just trying to walk by the car, the mirrors and trunk would open...

MPGs could be better, but I knew what I was buying. It's a high performance car, so a few MPGs less dont bother me too much.

Also surprised that the oil change intervals are so short when most cars these days go 7 to 10k between changes.

It isnt as quiet inside as I expected given all the articles I read.

Other than that, this car is sweet.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Also dont like how you cant flip the windshield wipers up without hitting the hood. How do you change wiper blades without extending them?

mkozlows

Registered Member
After a week with the car, the main annoyance I have is that it won't remember certain settings when you turn the car off. That it always defaults to Comfort is lightly annoying, but not that big a deal -- it's easy to flip the toggle.

But that there's no way to permanently disable the distance-keeping cruise and make it be normal cruise is super-annoying, because disabling that is a multistep process where you have to hold a button down for two seconds, so what ends up happening is that every time I'm driving along and I put it in cruise, I realize my mistake, have to bump it out of cruise, and then hold down the button for two seconds, and then put it back in cruise, and what the heck is that.

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
After a week with the car, the main annoyance I have is that it won't remember certain settings when you turn the car off. That it always defaults to Comfort is lightly annoying, but not that big a deal -- it's easy to flip the toggle.

But that there's no way to permanently disable the distance-keeping cruise and make it be normal cruise is super-annoying, because disabling that is a multistep process where you have to hold a button down for two seconds, so what ends up happening is that every time I'm driving along and I put it in cruise, I realize my mistake, have to bump it out of cruise, and then hold down the button for two seconds, and then put it back in cruise, and what the heck is that.
Why do you need so strongly to disable the speed sensitive cruise control? I find it is works exactly as intended, and without it I end up constantly having to toggle my cruise control speed manually.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
There is exposed metal on the inside of the door around the window. I can see blue painted metal - untrimmed.
Mine is like this too. Its painted, but not hidden by trim. In mine, you can actually see some weld spatter which totally looks cheap as hell. Definitely not fitting of a luxury car. Does anyone have a photo of your door without the exposed painted steel?

Some of the comments appear to indicate that not all are like this. It may be only some of the early production models like mine.

I also noticed that the later produced 2019s dont have the blank button next to the drive mode selector which also looks cheap.

Pics below are both 2019s