What things you don't like in the G70?

Slowerthanslow

Registered Member
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Anyone notice that when using Apple CarPlay, that switching items on the car's touchscreen can blip the music?
Just confirming that my system also "hiccups" now and then, though not in the same way yours does, when touching the touchscreen (if that's what you mean by "switching items").

Mine will skip (very briefly, just a minute interruption in the music, then music continues) occasionally (but not always) under two conditions, so far as I can tell: 1) about a minute or two after starting up, with no change on the screen; and 2) when nav (the built in, Genesis, nav, that is) changes something on the screen, for instance, changing to a new turn indicated ahead.

My impression is that there are some conflicts with CarPlay. I don't have any problems that bother me too much, but I hope it gets smoothed out in a software update, either on the Apple or Genesis side.

I also have the impression the native infotainment/nav system could use a faster processor, but again, it's not a problem that seriously bothers me.

broervudu

Registered Member
SF Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just confirming that my system also "hiccups" now and then, though not in the same way yours does, when touching the touchscreen (if that's what you mean by "switching items").

Mine will skip (very briefly, just a minute interruption in the music, then music continues) occasionally (but not always) under two conditions, so far as I can tell: 1) about a minute or two after starting up, with no change on the screen; and 2) when nav (the built in, Genesis, nav, that is) changes something on the screen, for instance, changing to a new turn indicated ahead.

My impression is that there are some conflicts with CarPlay. I don't have any problems that bother me too much, but I hope it gets smoothed out in a software update, either on the Apple or Genesis side.

I also have the impression the native infotainment/nav system could use a faster processor, but again, it's not a problem that seriously bothers me.
The music can hiccup when also switching in between drive modes. I believe it's most evident when the music is up loud and say you switch from Comfort to Sport mode. I haven't turned off "Enhanced sound" but I was thinking that could be the culprit.. it does have to "mix" in those amplified revs... :unsure::rolleyes:

Kcdev43

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The music can hiccup when also switching in between drive modes. I believe it's most evident when the music is up loud and say you switch from Comfort to Sport mode. I haven't turned off "Enhanced sound" but I was thinking that could be the culprit.. it does have to "mix" in those amplified revs... :unsure::rolleyes:
I haven't had any issues, nor have heard of any, and I keep enhanced sound on.. adjust your speed dependent setting and see if that helps, I do have that turned off.

twobits21

Registered Member
I wish you could remote auto start via key fob. Why isn't this a standard feature in this vehicle class? After market remote start kits are so cheap. Not sure what the hold up is to incorporate them on every BMW, MB, Genesis, Lexus etc

Kcdev43

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I wish you could remote auto start via key fob. Why isn't this a standard feature in this vehicle class? After market remote start kits are so cheap. Not sure what the hold up is to incorporate them on every BMW, MB, Genesis, Lexus etc
Monetization, they'll push it as a cool factor, or technology luxury, but that is the end game. They're pushing the 3 year trial hard, as companies like audi charge $499 / 18 months for the same program. I'm sure eventually as they scale this will become less of a luxury and more of an expense.

twobits21

Registered Member
Monetization, they'll push it as a cool factor, or technology luxury, but that is the end game. They're pushing the 3 year trial hard, as companies like audi charge $499 / 18 months for the same program. I'm sure eventually as they scale this will become less of a luxury and more of an expense.
What are the thoughts regarding the phone app and it's ability to remotely access the car? Do owners find it effective? My current BMW app is more frustrating than anything else.

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Winnipeg
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Apparently it's illegal in Germany, so none of the German cars have it. I believe Lexus, Cadillac, Infiniti all have it. The G70 has it via the phone app, which is great but holy sh*t slow... lol

Kcdev43

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What are the thoughts regarding the phone app and it's ability to remotely access the car? Do owners find it effective? My current BMW app is more frustrating than anything else.
My experience with the Genesis App is minimal, but it's basically bluelink with a new skin and a couple more features. Bluelink is extremely effective, and acts quickly. I've had one or two problems with customers in 2 or so years, but it mainly works as promised. As long as the vehicle is locked it does what it says, and works pretty well with Alexa & the connected service function.

ephone1

Registered Member
I have a 2018 Q7. Audi charges so much that most people on Audiworld don't pay for it - that's how ridiculously expensive it is. If it was even $399, they would make more money.

Soma

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Scale might just make them stick to the current plan even more. Profit margins on an app subscription must be pretty high for these companies.

What I don't understand is why I have to be within a mile to know my vehicle location. It's MY f$%king car. If I want to know where my dad took it to go get a pack of cigarettes 6 years ago, I should be able to know! But really I just want to be able to make sure nobody takes my car somewhere I don't want it (family or dealer). The valet alert only tells you there was a breach of distance, not how far or where it actually went.

ephone1

Registered Member
Scale might just make them stick to the current plan even more. Profit margins on an app subscription must be pretty high for these companies.

What I don't understand is why I have to be within a mile to know my vehicle location. It's MY f$%king car. If I want to know where my dad took it to go get a pack of cigarettes 6 years ago, I should be able to know! But really I just want to be able to make sure nobody takes my car somewhere I don't want it (family or dealer). The valet alert only tells you there was a breach of distance, not how far or where it actually went.
I find the inability to track my car madding too, but I suspect it's a liability issue.

Consider a scenario where Brittany takes her car to Motel 6 to meet Tyron who she met at a bar when she was out with her friends. Brittany's husband ,Chad, uses the car app to check to see where Brittany is - she's supposed to be at her friends house, but... she's at a Motel 6! Out of his mind in rage, Chad grabs his gun and drives down to Motel 6 to confront Brittany and her new friend and, well, you get the picture.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Not true. When you get the breach alert...simply open the app and locate your car. You will see exactly where your car is.

Update...that ^^ is BS. Just confirmed that the Car Finder is only good for a 1 mile radius. That just blew my mind !!! Wow.

Sorry about that.

So if you are out of town...you have no way to check if your car is stolen to then initiate the emergency car location service...LOL. Absolutely brilliant.

Last edited:

Soma

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Not true. When you get the breach alert...simply open the app and locate your car. You will see exactly where your car is.
I'm assuming you've tested this? I haven't seen anything indicating this, but admittedly I haven't researched it too in-depth.

Does it matter if the vehicle is on/off or how far you are from the car?

Last edited:

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm assuming you've tested this? I haven't seen anything indicating this, but admittedly I haven't researched it too in-depth.

Does it matter if the vehicle is on/off or how far you are from the car?
Read up...I just corrected myself. I was wrong.

Soma

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
@Beefer You can still call Genesis to have them track it if you think its stolen. The real stupidity is how tf would you come to that conclusion without knowing where the car is? A family member could have taken it for groceries and now you look like an idiot because you called the cops to find your car

Here's the Genesis video about it:

Last edited: