What things you don't like in the G70?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
What about people that do t have smart phones. I know guys with only flip phones and some with no cell phones at all.
You send your wife out to start the car for you.

canucklehead604

Hasn't posted much yet...
West Coast Canada
i don't like how difficult it is to fit a set of golf clubs in the trunk. the driver is a very tight squeeze no matter how i try to fit them in - across the trunk or on the diagonal. i knew the trunk depth was marginal, but the width also appears to be an issue for a set of clubs. and this is for just one set with nothing else in the trunk, i'd be really concerned about a second or third set.

i'm surprised by this since golf clubs are usually a metric used by automakers in this class and up.

Last edited:

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
i don't like how difficulty it is to fit a set of golf clubs in the trunk. the driver is a very tight squeeze no matter how i try to fit them in - across the trunk or on the diagonal. i knew the trunk depth was marginal, but the width also appears to be an issue for a set of clubs. and this is for just one set with nothing else in the trunk, i'd be really concerned about a second or third set.

i'm surprised by this since golf clubs are usually a metric used by automakers in this class and up.
Not to mention that Genesis sponsors some big golfing events I think. LOL.

Genesis Newsroom

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
i don't like how difficult it is to fit a set of golf clubs in the trunk. the driver is a very tight squeeze no matter how i try to fit them in - across the trunk or on the diagonal. i knew the trunk depth was marginal, but the width also appears to be an issue for a set of clubs. and this is for just one set with nothing else in the trunk, i'd be really concerned about a second or third set.

I don't have any issues with diagonal. I always put the clubs in head first towards the back drivers side of the trunk and then the bottom of the bag is at the passenger side at the back of the trunk. Definitely won't fit across width wise. It is funny because testing my clubs in the trunk was one of the things I insisted on doing before buying the car as the trunk looks significantly smaller than the 3 series. lol I do have difficulty fitting both of my boys clubs in with mine (two youths) but next year I think my oldest will need adult clubs (he is 5'3" now, probably 5'6" by spring) and I don't think I can fit two adults and 1 youth... Might be SUV only for family golf next year. :(

That reminds me I really need to take them out of the trunk. We had such a cold fall I haven't golfed since August!

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I don't have any issues with diagonal. I always put the clubs in head first towards the back drivers side of the trunk and then the bottom of the bag is at the passenger side at the back of the trunk. Definitely won't fit across width wise. It is funny because testing my clubs in the trunk was one of the things I insisted on doing before buying the car as the trunk looks significantly smaller than the 3 series. lol I do have difficulty fitting both of my boys clubs in with mine (two youths) but next year I think my oldest will need adult clubs (he is 5'3" now, probably 5'6" by spring) and I don't think I can fit two adults and 1 youth... Might be SUV only for family golf next year. :(

That reminds me I really need to take them out of the trunk. We had such a cold fall I haven't golfed since August!
Would 2 med to large suitcases fit comfortably with a duffle bag and small back pack?

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Depends exactly on size, but looking at the suitcases I have, I could definitely get two medium ones in plus a duffle bag and back pack, but I really doubt two large suitcases. Never tried though as I have never taken the car anywhere overnight since we use the SUV for road trips. It is a tight trunk though. Worth trying on the test drive if it is important to you.

TOGuy242

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Toronto, ON
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
One thing I’ve noticed, which is different from my previous car. It seems like the auto rain sensors stay on, even after turning the car off. I can see that being a problem in the fall/winter where you might be driving with the auto sensor on, park the car and have ice buildup. As soon as you start the car and the wipers automatically go on you'll damage the blades. My previous car you always have to re-enable the system. Not sure what’s necessarily better…

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
One thing I’ve noticed, which is different from my previous car. It seems like the auto rain sensors stay on, even after turning the car off. I can see that being a problem in the fall/winter where you might be driving with the auto sensor on, park the car and have ice buildup. As soon as you start the car and the wipers automatically go on you'll damage the blades. My previous car you always have to re-enable the system. Not sure what’s necessarily better…
If it is raining when I park, I know to turn the wipers off. However, I just got back from a short trip, raining when we left, stopped raining along the way. I'm not sure if I turned the wipers off or not. Ice could be a problem.

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So in my kids eyes anyway, the G70 recently took a big hit. With the colder weather, they have been using the seat heaters and have mentioned that only the lower seat heats up and not the back rest. I insisted they must be wrong because we have owned several vehicles with heated back seats and the backrest has always been heated (even back when they were in booster seats they used to use the seat heaters so their backs would be warm). Anyway, after testing more, it seems they are right. I am really shocked at this but obviously there has to be cost cutting in this car. This is just one of those things that I wish they would just charge extra and not cheap out. (n)

On the off chance they are wrong (and my short test was too short) has anyone else noticed this or does anyone know is this is in fact true?

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
So in my kids eyes anyway, the G70 recently took a big hit. With the colder weather, they have been using the seat heaters and have mentioned that only the lower seat heats up and not the back rest. I insisted they must be wrong because we have owned several vehicles with heated back seats and the backrest has always been heated (even back when they were in booster seats they used to use the seat heaters so their backs would be warm). Anyway, after testing more, it seems they are right. I am really shocked at this but obviously there has to be cost cutting in this car. This is just one of those things that I wish they would just charge extra and not cheap out. (n)

On the off chance they are wrong (and my short test was too short) has anyone else noticed this or does anyone know is this is in fact true?
That sucks...like big time. Better than nothing though I suppose. You think it's because the seats fold down? Baffling.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.