What things you don't like in the G70?

Buckdes

Getting familiar with the group...
So in my kids eyes anyway, the G70 recently took a big hit. With the colder weather, they have been using the seat heaters and have mentioned that only the lower seat heats up and not the back rest. I insisted they must be wrong because we have owned several vehicles with heated back seats and the backrest has always been heated (even back when they were in booster seats they used to use the seat heaters so their backs would be warm). Anyway, after testing more, it seems they are right. I am really shocked at this but obviously there has to be cost cutting in this car. This is just one of those things that I wish they would just charge extra and not cheap out. (n)

On the off chance they are wrong (and my short test was too short) has anyone else noticed this or does anyone know is this is in fact true?
I could have sworn my seats heat up as high as just below my shoulder blades....... now i dont know.... i will test this right after work

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Don't get me wrong, back seat was lower on the priority list. Both of my kids voted for the Stinger or the Audi S5 over this car purely for the backseat. But their vote doesn't count in the end although I do like to consider it. They were adamantly against the Q50 Redsport because of no rear seat heaters or USB plugs. They aren't animals...

But as I mentioned, this just seems like a surprising place to cut costs when I doubt this is the case on any German competitor. On a Hyundai Accent, sure, only heat the bottoms, c'mon Genesis, you guys are better than that lol

Beefer

Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Does it come with gray or red stitching to match the Sport? That is too funny.

OscarGambleNYY

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Agree with you about the ambient lights. Unbelievable it has none.
I just got a '19 G80 Sport, the one thing I don't like is the lack of ambient lighting, having driven a Lacrosse before this car I got used to it. So I intend to add it myself. Anyone have any advice or warnings? Could this cause any problems? Nothing fancy, maybe just something for the footwell ...

Would we be talking a couple hundred or a thousand? If the latter - no shot!

JayceM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I just got a '19 G80 Sport, the one thing I don't like is the lack of ambient lighting, having driven a Lacrosse before this car I got used to it. So I intend to add it myself. Anyone have any advice or warnings? Could this cause any problems? Nothing fancy, maybe just something for the footwell ...

Would we be talking a couple hundred or a thousand? If the latter - no shot!
You might get better answers in the G80 forum. This is the G70 forum.

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So something I just thought of last night since I gassed up my wifes Jeep and then my G70 right after, I really wish we had a capless fuel filler. I have had them on several vehicles and it is one of those things that just makes so much sense I don't know why every vehicle doesn't have it.

Anyone know if any Hyundai vehicles have that? It obviously isn't a big deal, but would be really nice to have.

canucklehead604

Hasn't posted much yet...
West Coast Canada
i don't like the action to close the trunk. smart trunk is great to pop the trunk open, but it means you really need to swing the trunk closed quickly to avoid having to palm the trunk lid down closed. i try to avoid this, and try to just use the handle inside the trunk. over time using a hand on the trunk lid will lead to scratches/marring from watches, rings, etc.

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yeah, I mentioned that way back when I bought the car that the springs or whatever keeps the trunklid open seem very strong. Most cars I have had that don't have power close were much easier to pull the handle and have it fully close. But the trunk on the G70 seems to require a very hard pull. I thought it may have just been a new thing, but even after 6 months it hasn't changed. I am used to it, but my kids still struggle and my wife doesn't try lol

I agree I totally hate even seeing finger prints on a trunk lid. :)

Cowtown

Registered Member
Greater Victoria, Canada
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Is it bad that I'm just glad it has a handle? :p I've had a number of sedans over the year that they couldn't be bothered to put a pull back there. I found this the same on a S3 that I owned previously. Good yard on it required to close. Not ideal but maybe the wife will leave it for me to drive more often then.

Michael_V

Registered Member
Bawstin, MA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You have to turn it to AUTO mode. Then you can adjust the sensitivity.
They work very well and are speed sensitive so if you are passing on the highway the speed will increase. If a car passes you and has a lot of spray, they will increase speed too. I've been splashed by other cars and the wipers cleared the glass before I could react. Took a couple of rain storms to get them adjusted the way I like but now they work well.
Many years ago I put armor-all on my winter blades in an attempt to keep the rubber soft. It put a coating on the windshield similar to rain-x. The water simply beads up. The faster you drive and the harder it rains, the clearer the windshield becomes. My friends make fun of me because I rarely use my wipers while driving on the highway when it's raining. Some people say it streaks the windshield, but that goes away. I redo the blades every month or so.

Last edited:

Beefer

Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If the trunk doesn't close on the first try using the inside handle I'll then press on the license plate to close it to avoid the scratches on the trunk lid.
I do the elbow trick. Whether my elbow is exposed or not...I have limited grease on there. So if my handle pull is not glorious enough...a quick elbow hit does the trick ;) Think of it as a rebound goal.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.