What were 2018 G80 Sports going for before the recent surge in car prices?

Culexx

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Hey all! I'm finally ready to grab myself a Genesis. I'm looking for a used 2018 one, and I know that prices recently have gone up on ALL used vehicles. It's made finding a car a nightmare for me, but I finally found the perfect G80 Sport.

It's 41k miles for $36000 even. Gorgeous dark grey, clean carfax.

How much higher is this than what the car was going for last year? Anyone purchase before the price hike have any comments? I'm dying to bite the bullet & grab it, but I don't want to end up paying a $4k markup I don't have to you know?

GerryFUSMC

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I just purchased an 18 g80 sport myself. It is very similar to what you are looking at in that it had 39k miles on it. I paid about 35 I believe. Over what I would have paid if I waited? Possibly but on the other hand I got a really good price on my trade in so I look at it as equal. And, I absolutely love the car and have no regrets.

Good luck with your decision. Hopefully others will be able to provide a better answer. And, bit of advice. If you do get it, I would recommend getting an extended warranty. I did and it covers pretty much everything for 100k.

Again, good luck.

Edited to add - I would also love to know what they were going for before.

saga

I recently baught a CPO 2019 G80 sport with ~11K miles for $43500 out the door including taxes, fees and shipping from Florida to Texas. Previous owner had it for 18 months. Since it's a CPO I get remainder of bumper to bumper warranty which is about 42 months and powertrain warranty which is about 102 months. And the rest of CPO perks like free trial of Sirius XM, Genesis connected service, roadside assistance etc..

Same here , interested to know what others paid before the recent price surge of used cars.

Last edited:

Andyj

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Those are all fair prices for great cars.

SuperKing

Registered Member
Vancouver, BC
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I dunno if the current Covid markup really includes Genesis vehicles. I've been eyeing 3 2020 G90 V8 Ultimate demo cars for the past several months and they haven't sold. They've gone down in price a few times already and are about $30k below retail... All with less than 5000kms. If they're still available in mid/late October, I think I might trade in my 2015 V8 Genesis.

I can see a markup on the GV80 and GV70 though... SUVs are hot right now.

Mladen5375

Registered Member
I got my 2018 G80 Sport in white 26,000 miles $34k before taxes, plates etc. in June of this year. Bought in Ohio and I'm from PA. It was a lease turn in and it was on the lot less than a week before I found it on cars.com
This is my second Genesis G80 in the last 6 years and I will keep buying these beautiful cars.

Andyj

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Beautiful cars.
I'm wondering when or if to upgrade from our 2015 Ultimate to a newer one.

Culexx

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Beautiful cars.
I'm wondering when or if to upgrade from our 2015 Ultimate to a newer one.
Man, I remember years ago wanting that 5.0 Ultimate so badly. I'd set aside the funds, prepped to sell my car, but some financial things came up & it was just never meant to be.

This G80 is me finally fulfilling that haha

Bill in Alexandria

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I was watching the 2018 G80 3.3T's carefully a year ago (August, in fact), and they were hovering in the low to mid 30's with 50K miles and below. I ended up getting a mint lease return 3.8 AWD with 24K miles for $29K last August.

GerryFUSMC

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Interesting. That is actually pretty close to what they are going for now. What I paid falls right in that range.

jetrep

Registered Member
Southern NV
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
In January I bought from Carmax a red 2018 G80 Sport for $32k (before fees, tax etc). Mileage was 37.5k. I recall they had one on the lot virtually the same for $2k more. I wasn't able to figure out why that one was 2k more as they had similar mileage and condition was similar.

Silverhare

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Ultimate
I bought my 2018 5.0 Ultimate with 23k on it for $34,000 in June of 2020.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Kroams

Registered Member
I had a 2015 Genesis 3.8 Ultimate and unfortunately it just got totaled. Fortunately it handled the accident really well (guy rear ended me and his car was really smashed). I was always jealous seeing the G80 Sports running around and decided to get a 2019 G80 Sport RWD in Himalayan Gray. In Atlanta they seem to be running low to mid 40’s but found one with 18k miles for $39k. I am sure the market drove up the price but really happy with it so far! Feels like a different car compared to my 2015 Genesis. Unfortunately the trim is all oxidized so will see whether the dealers will help.

Culexx

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I had a 2015 Genesis 3.8 Ultimate and unfortunately it just got totaled. Fortunately it handled the accident really well (guy rear ended me and his car was really smashed). I was always jealous seeing the G80 Sports running around and decided to get a 2019 G80 Sport RWD in Himalayan Gray. In Atlanta they seem to be running low to mid 40’s but found one with 18k miles for $39k. I am sure the market drove up the price but really happy with it so far! Feels like a different car compared to my 2015 Genesis. Unfortunately the trim is all oxidized so will see whether the dealers will help.
Ah congrats, that seems like an amazing deal! $3k more than what I plan on paying for a newer year & 30k fewer miles? I'd just on that, oxidation or no haha.

That aside, I'm finally gonna test drive and see my potential one tomorrow, hoping any oxidation issues will be taken care of by the dealer as well!

G-705745

Ah congrats, that seems like an amazing deal! $3k more than what I plan on paying for a newer year & 30k fewer miles? I'd just on that, oxidation or no haha.

That aside, I'm finally gonna test drive and see my potential one tomorrow, hoping any oxidation issues will be taken care of by the dealer as well!
Any luck on the trim oxidation issue at the dealer? About to take mine as well

Culexx

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Not so far. Nearest Genesis dealer is about 2 hours away, and Hyundai is claiming that the warranty on the trim expires at 3yr/36000, while mine is at 40k.

They left a voicemail informing me of this, so I’m collecting more info and am gonna go and try to fight it (politely but firmly) either later today or tomorrow.
I called the Genesis dealer just in case and they said they’d “get back to me”, but it’s been three days. Gonna follow up with them today as well and will post an update.

Culexx

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I have an update! I emailed the service manager directly, explaining my problem with photos, and linked to this thread. Within 24 hours, I received a phone call that the parts were on order and they'd call me to set up an appointment when they have an ETA!

Just be patient, courteous & polite, but firm. Can't wait to get the trim fixed, then gonna wrap it [idk with what yet, gotta research what's best to maintain it] & probably ceramic coat the car. I'm in love with it, and I've never ever been the type to really care what they drive.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners