What were you driving before you had your G90?

DUKES103

Getting familiar with the group...
Massachusetts
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I was driving a 2006 Lexus LS430.. loved the car. The G90 obviously is light years ahead in technology. The ride and sound proofing is the best around of the cars I looked at when I bought the G90 ultimate in 2017. The other makes Lexus, MB, Audi, Cadillac didn't compare as to ride, sound, technology and of course pricing. Totally happy with the G90

ogogolby

Hasn't posted much yet...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Boston
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I went from a Benz S550 to a G80, then a G90. Most comfortable car I've owned but I still have issues with a wind leak in driver's window after 2 repairs which really ruins the otherwise superb quiet. Back up lights are marginal at best. Love having a V8 again but other than straight highway driving which gets 26+ mpg in eco, I'mgen 1.jpg getting tired of visiting gas stations. LOVE saving $30-40K from a similarly equipped S class!

Gene2

Been here awhile...
Glendale,AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Traded from a 2015 KIA K900 to a 2018 Genesis G90 ultimate.
The ride is much better, And the K900 liked to wander on the highway
compared to the G90.
There are things on the K900 I wish were on the G90, small things
like the powered sun shade on the sunroof. G90 is manual, go figure.
Would have purchased another K900 if the updates had been out a
year earlier.
I got better service on the K900 than I'm getting on the G90.
Never had a problem on the K900 in over 55000 miles. Think of a
problem you could have on a trip, And I have had it on the G90.
Love the car, But no longer trust it on a trip with the grand children.
Can't wait for my lease to end

Russ2019

Traded from a 2015 KIA K900 to a 2018 Genesis G90 ultimate.
The ride is much better, And the K900 liked to wander on the highway
compared to the G90.
There are things on the K900 I wish were on the G90, small things
like the powered sun shade on the sunroof. G90 is manual, go figure.
Would have purchased another K900 if the updates had been out a
year earlier.
I got better service on the K900 than I'm getting on the G90.
Never had a problem on the K900 in over 55000 miles. Think of a
problem you could have on a trip, And I have had it on the G90.
Love the car, But no longer trust it on a trip with the grand children.
Can't wait for my lease to end
What sort of issues did you have? Were the issues taken care of at a local Hyundai dealer? How was the service?

Russ2019

I was driving a 2006 Lexus LS430.. loved the car. The G90 obviously is light years ahead in technology. The ride and sound proofing is the best around of the cars I looked at when I bought the G90 ultimate in 2017. The other makes Lexus, MB, Audi, Cadillac didn't compare as to ride, sound, technology and of course pricing. Totally happy with the G90
I know what you mean.....I'm currently driving a 2011 Lexus LS 460!

karasdad

Seattle, WA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
still have my previous car, 2004 Lexus LS430. Family still loves it, easy for my wife and teenage daughter to drive. Still love the great driving position, green house visibility, smooth power delivery and tight turning radius. It's pretty quiet and a nice cruiser and has been very reliable with not much pampering. The 2017 G90 is a bit large to get into a parking space at the local Trader Joe's so it's inconvenient in an urban setting which is where I live. The thick A pillars and commanding side mirrors hamper the side visibility, especially on the right side. Not crazy about the rear quarter views, have to rely on the camera a lot. It is very comfortable and quiet for highway driving. Love the technology but the lane keep assist seems like a work in progress or released prematurely. Too tight in the garages for three full size cars so the G90 lives outside.

Gene2

Been here awhile...
Glendale,AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
What sort of issues did you have? Were the issues taken care of at a local Hyundai dealer? How was the service?
First trip from Arizona to North Carolina. New car almost no miles on it. First time car was over 70 miles per hour.
Side wall blows out from tear on inside of bead area. Wife and 2 grand children in car. Genesis couldn't find a tire near by
Finally located a off brand tire 2 hours away and on the donut under 50mph. Was over 3000 miles back home where it took me 3 days to get the right tire. Had to pay for it my self, Reimbursed later by Genesis. Tire company said have dealership call and they would approve a new tire. Dealership said they don't do that.
shortly after returning air bags shut down. Dealer said they repaired.
Next trip Air bags shut down after 200 miles into trip. traveled al the way to North Carolina before anyone could fix.
500 miles coming back air bags out again. Left car with dealer upon arriving home and took a dealer rep to get it fixed.
Then as starting a trip anti freeze is low. dealer topped off then on starting trip, no heat. At dealership for a week because they
couldn't figure out what was wrong. Even with a TSB being out on problem. Took a week to get part.
Asked about my map update was told there wasn't one. After showing Genesis there was one, They updated map to version 12 and not 12.5
I just stopped taking car on trips and that was what I purchased car for. It is the ultimate with monitors in rear for great grand children.
Don't worry about if I'm stuck on road but grand children and great grand children it is a different story.
Not going to get into all the little things that have gone wrong

mistersteve

FL
Reading some of these G90 horror stories is scary. Knock on wood but I've been good so far (8900 miles).

I have a 2018 G90 Ultimate. I had a 2015 Genesis 5.0 and 2010 Genesis 4.6 before that. Each one got better along the way. I've always been a BMW guy my whole life and I have had 18 of them, mostly 7 series. I still have a x5 diesel that I really like (had 2 of the X5 V8's before that and think the diesel is a better value). Of course, the $500 plus for an oil change each time is a bit steep begs the sanity of keeping it ;-0

Very happy with the G90 and just love that V8. Only issue I ever had was the warnings aroung here about bad Continental tires and blowouts. After my friend had a blowout on his new 2018 G80 sport (same tires as G90), I swapped out my G90 Continentals for a set of Michelin run flats ($1400). Anyone in northern FL want a set of G90 Continental tires with 400 miles on them let me know.

edward301

Registered Member
Before my G90 Ultimate I had four Hyundai Equus Ultimate. All were/are
good trouble free cars, which is why I keep buying them. I don’t put many miles on them, usually 22k miles, then pass them down to managers. Now they put 100k miles on them, and all did great, excep one which got totaled.

My G90 has been flawless so far, no issues at all.

Before these cars I had a S550, which was always having issues, never
did everything work right.

Gene2

Been here awhile...
Glendale,AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Oh
Did I mention the one front parking sensor popped back in bumper, kept going off.
Found out the bracket connected to bumper cover broke loose and they had to replace
the entire front bumper cover.
Dealership says they have had more problems with my car than all the Genesis vehicles
they have sold combined.
Must have been made on Friday just before shift change, or maybe just before a holiday

GarnetTy1473

Been here awhile...
Noblesville, IN
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I drove a 2012 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite. Bought it when my son was 2, with plans on having another kid, but that never happened. So I finally talked the wife into letting me get another car. (I have always driven demo's at the dealerships I've worked for, so I haven't had my own daily driver for 18 years. I have my toy cars though that don't get driven. Being that I live 3 miles from this one, they pay me an extra $500/mon to not take a demo, so I started using the van daily) Almost 20k miles, and the only problem so far was the passenger front heated seat quit working.

Mike734

Been here awhile...
Seattle area
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
2006 Acura RL. It's a lot like the Genesis but the Acura did have some cool features I miss. For example, if I hold the unlock button on the remote, all the windows and sunroof will open. Nice on a hot day. It actually had active noise cancelling. It did a pretty good job on road noise.

Streetwise52

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
How does it compare in terms of noise, comfort, electronics, ride, etc.?
2006 Acura RL. It's a lot like the Genesis but the Acura did have some cool features I miss. For example, if I hold the unlock button on the remote, all the windows and sunroof will open. Nice on a hot day. It actually had active noise cancelling. It did a pretty good job on road noise.
How does it compare in terms of noise, comfort, electronics, ride, etc.?
New to group
2007 Infiniti g35s/2004 fx35s/2011 m37s. Also daily drive is 2006 f150. Because Infiniti vehicles start looking that same inside and reliability started to slip, I wanted something different. I wanted something everyone doesn’t have. I was looking at genesis from the start and took the leap with 2017 g90 ultimate 5.0 rwd. With just over 22k miles, haven’t had any issues. Love the car. Wish it had Apple CarPlay but it’s ok.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.