What You Want To See In the Next GV80

mitchrusso

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Collectively, we have a lot of different "suggestions" to make our GV80 better. If you would care to do so, please state your country, the model you own and the wish list item you want.

I'll go first. US: GV80 3.5 advanced: I would like more favorites in Nav and the ability to use voice nav to initiate the trip.

jimmak

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
US GV80 Prestige 3.5
Wirelessly Android Auto and the passenger seat should have all the features of the driver seat. These were two areas where Genesis cheaped out.

GV80AL

Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
US GV80 2.5 AWD
Small ask, maybe the prestige option has this: I wish the driver display showed what drive mode you are in. Most other vehicles tell you. The only way I know to find out mode setting is to twist the control dial, which changes the mode as it shows you. Does this make sense? Am I missing something?
Thanks

jimmak

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I think you're correct. There is a lot going on on the dash, but I haven't found anywhere that tells you what drive mode you're in.

dapribek

Registered Member
US GV80 2.5 AWD
Small ask, maybe the prestige option has this: I wish the driver display showed what drive mode you are in. Most other vehicles tell you. The only way I know to find out mode setting is to twist the control dial, which changes the mode as it shows you. Does this make sense? Am I missing something?
Thanks
No, you’re correct. I have to check the dial also.

LostAgain

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
US GV80 2.5 AWD
Thanks
The Prestige definitely has it. It is clearly written on the driver display and the dials change color with the different mode so you don't even have to check.

jimmak

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I had forgotten that the instrument colors and style are diffeernt. I have not meorized which is which, since I rarely change modes.

I will look agian to find where it is written. I must be overlooking it. Like I siad, there is a lot going on on the instrument panel 😀

2021GCSGV80

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I believe the way mine works is that if I’m in comfort nothing shows on the instrument cluster but if I’m in anything else it does show that in the bottom right area. So it will show sport, snow or custom But not comfort. The dials also change as well depending on the mode.

Solomookie

Registered Member
York, PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I believe the way mine works is that if I’m in comfort nothing shows on the instrument cluster but if I’m in anything else it does show that in the bottom right area. So it will show sport, snow or custom But not comfort. The dials also change as well depending on the mode.
Yep; that's how the Prestige works. I tend to drive almost exclusively in ECO, and fortunately, the color scheme used with that drive mode is my favorite. As far as features... My only major complaint is that the passenger seat doesn't have the features as the driver's seat. Like Jimmak said.. they cheaped out there.

SixFootSix

Registered Member
California
Genesis needs to add the 3” back to the front driver legroom. It frustratEd me that the 2020 GV80 has only 41.6”. For comparison the 2020 G80 had 45.7”, G90 46”, then 2021 G80 42.5”.

m0pher

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Wireless Apple CarPlay and a wireless charging pad big enough to charge my iPhone 12 Pro Max.
Oh, and a PHEV version that gets at least 60 miles on a single charge.

SilverGV80

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
  1. An EV model that looks as close as possible to the Gas/Diesel body style (Possibly combined with air suspension because EV's have a habit of being rough riding)
  2. A full digital display on all models
  3. Intelligent High Beam and Augmented Reality Navigation on all models
  4. The Dash Cam and clean air feature from the Korean market
  5. Red Leather option like the GV70
  6. Wireless CarPlay/AA

SilverGV80

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I doubt this is going to happen, at least in most major markets. It was a way to bump CAFE (corporate average fuel economy) numbers until we could bridge the gap to longer range and faster-charging EV's. We're here now so it doesn't make sense to do both. In the US, I think you will see Biden make a massive push for EV's in the next 12-24 months with incentives and legislation. There are a head-spinning amount of new EV models and EV variants of existing cars arriving soon. It appears almost every modern Hyuandi product was co-developed with an EV architecture already. From what I understand the GV80 was fully ready for an EV power train via a different floorboard design at the global product launch.

m0pher

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I doubt this is going to happen, at least in most major markets. It was a way to bump CAFE (corporate average fuel economy) numbers until we could bridge the gap to longer range and faster-charging EV's. We're here now so it doesn't make sense to do both. In the US, I think you will see Biden make a massive push for EV's in the next 12-24 months with incentives and legislation. There are a head-spinning amount of new EV models and EV variants of existing cars arriving soon. It appears almost every modern Hyuandi product was co-developed with an EV architecture already. From what I understand the GV80 was fully ready for an EV power train via a different floorboard design at the global product launch.
I hear you. My POV is largely skewed to where I live (Manhattan). The practical realities of retrofitting parking garages and street-side parking in dense urban areas have slowed the deployment of the necessary charging infrastructure. There are 3 parking garages on my street and none of them have even a single spot to plug in and none of the street-side spots do, either. I don't know for a fact but I suspect the same holds true in other city centers. So in the context of the original question, a 2022 or 2023 PHEV still makes sense for such markets because as the charging infrastructure starts to materialize us city slickers can take advantage of it without being wholly dependent on it. If even one garage had charging capability (or allowed me to install a charger on my dime), the BMW X5 xDrive45e would have been the perfect vehicle for right now. I'm hoping that in 2-3 years, we'll finally be there - but I'd wager that also means that a pure EV infrastructure with adequate capacity in places like Manhattan is still 5-10 years away.

SilverGV80

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I hear you. My POV is largely skewed to where I live (Manhattan). The practical realities of retrofitting parking garages and street-side parking in dense urban areas have slowed the deployment of the necessary charging infrastructure. There are 3 parking garages on my street and none of them have even a single spot to plug in and none of the street-side spots do, either. I don't know for a fact but I suspect the same holds true in other city centers. So in the context of the original question, a 2022 or 2023 PHEV still makes sense for such markets because as the charging infrastructure starts to materialize us city slickers can take advantage of it without being wholly dependent on it. If even one garage had charging capability (or allowed me to install a charger on my dime), the BMW X5 xDrive45e would have been the perfect vehicle for right now. I'm hoping that in 2-3 years, we'll finally be there - but I'd wager that also means that a pure EV infrastructure with adequate capacity in places like Manhattan is still 5-10 years away.
That makes sense. On the flip side of that, I expect you will see much more rapid charging infrastructure in place soon. We also have a Kona EV, moved over from a PHEV prior. We went from charging daily to get 40 miles of EV range, to changing sometimes once or twice a week at home, if that's even needed. In our suburban areas (near the 95 corridors), we have plenty of rapid chargers available for someone who lives in a condo or apartment complex to visit for a quick charge while they do their weekly shop. It's certainly more expensive than charging at home, however, the cost is still much lower than petrol options. They are often located in larger shopping centers and give you just enough time to make a loop around the grocery store and come back to a battery somewhere north of 80%. I know that your situation is different, but I expect it to change soon. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD

Genesis has already stated that they are skipping hybrids/PHEVs to go straight to pure electrics.

That will cost them some sales in the near term, but really, a 48V should be the default battery system.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums