• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

When i turn AC on the driver side blows hot air while passenger only cools

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Your air mixture damper is not working correctly. Should be a small servo motor under the dash along the air ducting that moves the damper from hot air to cold air. This is probably stuck in the hot mode. If you can find the right servo you can usually remove the servo and move the damper manually. You may have to rig something so it stays in that position. Other cars have the same issues. GM cars after 4 or 5 years are famous for these isssues.

Mickeymiguel13

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
It does the opposite
I put heat it blows cold
I put Ac it blows hot...i dont think the fan stuck on hot
Your air mixture damper is not working correctly. Should be a small servo motor under the dash along the air ducting that moves the damper from hot air to cold air. This is probably stuck in the hot mode. If you can find the right servo you can usually remove the servo and move the damper manually. You may have to rig something so it stays in that position. Other cars have the same issues. GM cars after 4 or 5 years are famous for these isssues.
[But when i turn heat on it blows cold sir

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Mickeymiguel13

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Read what you originally wrote. Driver side hot, passenger side cool. It is not the fan stuck on hot it is the damper in the ducts directing air that is stuck. The fan is just a fan, the dampers determine if hot or cold goes to the right spot.

As pulsar pointed out, it is common on GM cars. Had the same problem.
Read what you originally wrote. Driver side hot, passenger side cool. It is not the fan stuck on hot it is the damper in the ducts directing air that is stuck. The fan is just a fan, the dampers determine if hot or cold goes to the right spot.

As pulsar pointed out, it is common on GM cars. Had the same problem.
Ok thanks i appreciate it ...ill go under dash and check

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums