Where to buy a used G80?

vmi9d3

Odenton, MD
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I am looking to buy a 2017 (2018 if lucky and can find one in my price range) sometime in the next 3 months or so. I have been researching for a long time and following this forum and appreciate the open dialogue found here.

I am curious to recommendations on where to find a used G80. My research so far has found most of them at CarMax, Carvanna, and Carbiz. A few Hyundai dealers in my area have older Hyundai Genesis (2015/2016). I know Genesis hasn't started their CPO program yet, I am hopeful they will be this summer but not optimistic. I live in Maryland and Bowie Genesis is the closest dealer to me.

Does anyone have experience in the MD area? I basically view my options as hoping a Genesis dealer has one and I can get a CPO type warranty from them or going somewhere else and hope for low miles.
Thanks.

secundinus

SUPPORTING MEMBER
National Capital Region
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

vmi9d3

Odenton, MD
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I have been
I’m in southern Maryland and made the trip to Alexandria. I checked out several places in the DC area and they were helpful.

Also, when I was searching, I found Craigslist and eBay motors helpful.

Good luck in your search!
I have been watching their website too, but haven't seen a used one advertised in quite a while. I'll keep stalking it! Thanks.

cltpigskin

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Does anyone know what warranty coverage, concierge, maintenance coverage transfers if you buy a pre-owned Genesis?

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Does anyone know what warranty coverage, concierge, maintenance coverage transfers if you buy a pre-owned Genesis?
Someone should come along that knows for sure but I think you lose the 10/100 powertrain warranty and also all of the extras - valet, maintenance, etc. and only will have the remaining balance of the 5/60 coverage. If you buy a CPO car then that may be different and will be covered with a CPO warranty.

vmi9d3

Odenton, MD
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I agree with TurtleBoy, you lose the 10/100 and the extras.

Currently there is no CPO program for Genesis, for Hyundai (pre-2017 Genesis) there is, but not for Genesis. I am hoping the Genesis CPO would increase to 10/100 and include extras but it is yet to be seen what the CPO program will be.

I feel you would be at the mercy of wherever you buy the vehicle if the warranty would be greater than the 5/60 coverage TurtleBoy references and you would probably have to pay for it.

Justunme

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I went to the Genesis dealership yesterday and called Genesis today to inquire about the CPO. Nothing yet. Both said that they were expecting it by the end of Feb. Well that didn't happen. My dealership said they were were doing 2yr/100,000 miles until it is determined.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Even though Genesis has not updated their web site yet, the CPO program is now active. I posted this in another discussion:

"Some more info, just talked to Natalie at Genesis Customer Care (sent an email yesterday but that hasn't been answered yet). She wasn't aware of the program starting but talked to her manager. According to him the program just came online within the last week or so and many dealers aren't aware that it is active yet.

The CPO warranty will offer the remaining 10/100k powertrain warranty (from original service date) as well as any factory new car warranty that is left on the vehicle. Other perks are roadside assistance and a trial of Siruis/XM."

Post purchase price details here (US $ only)

BlancaGenny

Been here awhile...
Dayton, OH
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
We have 1 '15, 3 '16s, 1 '17, and 1 '18. I traveled 6 hours to buy mine.

Joseph Airport Hyundai: LIFETIME Powertrain Warranty. It can be serviced anywhere ASE certified techs are ;)

Justunme

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I also have been waiting to purchase a 2017 G80 (AWD- Ultimate-Ibiza Blue) and have been waiting for dare I say, for today! If this news is correct the search starts today. That said there is No changed news on the Genesis website for the CPO as of today.

Last edited:

Ruach

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Hi guys!
I'm new to this forum and I'm looking to buy used 2018 G80 3.3T from Lexus dealer.
It has 13k miles, one owner and clean carfax for $42.5K (will attempt to negotiate more).
So my question is, am I going to have 5yrs/60k (remaining?)warranty coverage even if I'm buying it from Lexus dealer?
If there is no warranty coverage for this vehicle, I think I should move onto G70 leasing...:(

vmi9d3

Odenton, MD
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I am pretty sure you keep the remaining 5yr/60K warranty bumper to bumper and powertrain will be the same, you lose the 10 yr/100k powertrain.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Ruach

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
You get the 5/80 remaining
Genesis Warranty. Information on warranty coverage | Genesis USA
Original Owner is defined as the first retail purchaser of the vehicle who took delivery of the vehicle on its date of first use. If the vehicle was first placed in service as a lease vehicle, and the lessee purchases the vehicle at the end of the lease, the 10 year/100,000 mile Powertrain Limited Warranty remains in effect. If the vehicle was first placed in service as a Genesis Branded Manager Demonstrator Vehicle, or Genesis Branded Service Loan Car, the original (first) retail purchaser of the vehicle is considered the original owner, and the 10 year / 100,000 mile Powertrain Limited Warranty remains in effect. This warranty is not transferable to any subsequent owner. Subsequent owners have powertrain components covered under the 5 year/60,000 mile Genesis New Vehicle Limited Warranty. The 10 year/100,000 mile Powertrain Limited Warranty also excludes coverage for vehicles placed in commercial use (e.g. taxi, route delivery, rental, etc.)
You meant 5/60 not 5/80, right?;)
So since this vehicle was leased from 2017 and has 13k mileage, does it mean I'm going to have about 3 years and/or 47k remaining coverage? Thanks!

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
You meant 5/60 not 5/80, right?;)
So since this vehicle was leased from 2017 and has 13k mileage, does it mean I'm going to have about 3 years and/or 47k remaining coverage? Thanks!
Yes, it would be 5 years from the in service date or 60k miles.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Justunme

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Many of the vehicles I am looking at are stating they have 10yr /100,000 and CPO even though they are lease turn in's. My local South Jersey dealership told me they offer only 2yr/100,000 and would not honor the CPO provided from a different dealership since Genesis hasn't put it out. So would you continue to wait or purchase a 2016. I normally do not flip my cars (my LS430 since 2005) so should I really care. Another question Can anyone tell me any differences between the 2016 and 2017 fully loaded?

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Many of the vehicles I am looking at are stating they have 10yr /100,000 and CPO even though they are lease turn in's. My local South Jersey dealership told me they offer only 2yr/100,000 and would not honor the CPO provided from a different dealership since Genesis hasn't put it out. So would you continue to wait or purchase a 2016. I normally do not flip my cars (my LS430 since 2005) so should I really care. Another question Can anyone tell me any differences between the 2016 and 2017 fully loaded?
The Genesis CPO program was activated within the last week or so. You should start seeing CPO vehicles at Genesis dealers shortly. (y)

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Justunme

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I just got off the phone with Genesis Customer Service. The CPO program is being tested in Florida, but no official date as to when it will be fully released. I hope soon, I am getting tired of waiting for it. I hope it will be worth it.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.