Which cold air intake is better for the 2.0t ?

guybo

Registered Member
Cold Air Intake or Short Ram Intake? People get CAI and SRI mixed up all the time.

IMHO a CAI is not worth the risk of sucking in water and destroying your engine. A properly engineered SRI is almost as cold as a CAI with no risk of puddle suckage. I have a Injen SRI myself, but the K&N Typhoon SRI is great too.

renojim

Getting familiar with the group...
Ga
I have the k&n. I bought one because Cold Air Intakes|4WO gave me a nice price. Didn't notice any hp/mpg gain, however there's improvement in throttle response and I like the sound of it.

homeofstone

Registered Member
Athens, Georgia, USA
Best for the engine longevity is OEM system.

guybo

Registered Member
Intakes that retain the stock snorkel would be the best choice. K&N and R2C come to mind.

You can't make a blanket statement like this. You're just parroting what you've read and talking out your ass.

Watch your IAT and try with and without the snorkel. My setup works best without the snorkel- I logged IAT and with the snorkel my IAT was up 2° C over no snorkel. The OEM snorkel even at highway speeds channels air right next to the hot radiator. In my setup, I get better air from below where I removed my windshield washer bottle and the snorkel's air interferes with air coming from below.

A snorkel doesn't do any good at low speeds either- no matter what your setup is.

LandoAWD

Registered Member
You can't make a blanket statement like this. You're just parroting what you've read and talking out your ass.

Watch your IAT and try with and without the snorkel. My setup works best without the snorkel- I logged IAT and with the snorkel my IAT was up 2° C over no snorkel. The OEM snorkel even at highway speeds channels air right next to the hot radiator. In my setup, I get better air from below where I removed my windshield washer bottle and the snorkel's air interferes with air coming from below.

A snorkel doesn't do any good at low speeds either- no matter what your setup is.
Actually, I'm speaking from 20 years of modifying cars, the bulk of which were turbocharged and tuned by me.

By blanket statements, do you want to talk about:
"IMHO a CAI is not worth the risk of sucking in water and destroying your engine. A properly engineered SRI is almost as cold as a CAI with no risk of puddle suckage. I have a Injen SRI myself, but the K&N Typhoon SRI is great too. "

And now, you're basing another statement on data from limited scope, like most of your "automotive knowledge". You added the "I get better air from below where I removed my windshield washer bottle" in attempt to present skewed data and act as though you have a shred of automotive knowledge beyond activating Torque and logging OE sensors.

Thanks for coming out, though! It's always nice to get the basic perspectives, too.

guybo

Registered Member
It's not limited knowledge- I actually did it dumbass. Experience-1, you- 0

You have a sedan anyway moron, go away and enjoy your grocery getter.

seanracerx1986

Hasn't posted much yet...
Go with a proven performance history of a company that makes power, you pick up 7HP with this intake. and is ca. legal

21-687C
Estimated HP: 7 HP@ 6500 RPM

5 out of 5 stars

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums