Who has a Design Edition? Question on interior color.

BigTree

Registered Member
Socal
I’m looking at 2 choices at this point. A Design or Black/gray 3.3 Prestige. For anyone that has a Design already how do you like the interior color after some time with it? Is it too “white-ish”? Does it need frequent cleaning because it picks up dirt and scuffs too easily? I love how it looks in the showroom and most pictures but wondering if it’s too much over time.

MrMegadeth

Registered Member
Houston, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I don't have one...

But I did just turn in my Giulia Lusso that had a very similar interior. It was beautiful until you realize how bad an idea white carpets in a car are. I tried my hardest to keep them clean but that ain't gonna happen. You must change them to something else so be prepared for that.

vicmdv

Registered Member
SF Bay Area, CA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
But I did just turn in my Giulia Lusso that had a very similar interior. It was beautiful until you realize how bad an idea white carpets in a car are. I tried my hardest to keep them clean but that ain't gonna happen. You must change them to something else so be prepared for that.
AFAIK the carpets are black even with the gray interior

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Have to admit I loved the look of the Design Edition--but the interior made me a bit nervous. Had thought about switching to black floor mats--thinking that could help--but was also nervous of others driving (given the white/cream colored steering wheel).
Wound up with HG exterior/Grey interior (Prestige)--and love it. I also still love the look of the Design--but am very happy/pleased with what I have.
Some of the things I thought about: how often I have passengers; how often someone else drives; whether drive in bad weather very much (shoes getting into the car); how much I wanted to "stress" when someone else got in my car.
I do not think you can go wrong with either car.

Soma

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Have to admit I loved the look of the Design Edition--but the interior made me a bit nervous. Had thought about switching to black floor mats--thinking that could help--but was also nervous of others driving (given the white/cream colored steering wheel).
Wound up with HG exterior/Grey interior (Prestige)--and love it. I also still love the look of the Design--but am very happy/pleased with what I have.
Some of the things I thought about: how often I have passengers; how often someone else drives; whether drive in bad weather very much (shoes getting into the car); how much I wanted to "stress" when someone else got in my car.
I do not think you can go wrong with either car.
Exactly my train of thought when looking at the Design edition. Luckily, I really like the black interior on mine as I came from a beige cloth one anyways

BigTree

Registered Member
Socal
I just noticed that on the Monroney window sticker for the Design Edition I'm considering, listed under "Additional Standard Features" is an item called "All-Season Floor Mats". There are no mats of any kind listed elsewhere on the sticker nor or any mats listed on the sticker of other 3.3t Prestiges.. Just wondering if anyone knows whether those are simply the cream colored carpet-like (like the floor) regular mats or something different...maybe even a dark color for winter! I wear black shoes a lot that I like to keep polished so concerned that a white mat may look nasty quickly! Thanks again.

Patent1

Registered Member
Northern Virginia, USA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
BigTree: I own a Design Edition, which comes with 2 sets of floor mats, both front and rear. The regular mats are cream. The All Season Floor Mats are black. Hope this helps.

Patent1

Registered Member
Northern Virginia, USA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Absolutely no buyer's remorse on the car or its cream interior. None. Nada. I simply love it after 6 months of ownership and about 4K miles. Just lots of fun to drive. Some relevant points about the interior:
I work from home, so there is no commute. I either drive the car for errands, or hard for fun on back roads in God's Country Virginia (redundant, I know.) I am really easy on the interior - meaning I simply refuse to eat or drink (NOT EVEN COFFEE, DAMNIT!!!) in the car. We're empty nesters, so I don't have kids messing the interior up.

Basically, the cream interior will show dirt much more glaringly than the depressing black cave interiors of lesser G70s. How much dirt will depend on your level of personal cleanliness and willingness to keep the interior looking clean/perfect. One caveat - New or newish blue jeans can/will transfer blue dye to the driver's seat. Not at lot mind you, but beware.

Jim

BigTree

Registered Member
Socal
Thanks. I'm basically in the same situation with the difference being I will occasionally eat/drink in the car but also clean up after myself! Kids are grown but by the time the lease it up he'll be 4 and a terror so he may be limited to my wife's car! It's a beautiful interior combination and I agree with you about the depressing black interiors. If I can get the right numbers tomorrow I'll be driving my G70 this weekend! Thanks again.

RTK

Registered Member
SoCal
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I’ve got a Design Edition also and echo Patent1’s sentiments exactly. I installed the all weather mats instead of the carpeted mats and they’re working extremely well. No stains, no scuffs. I know I’ll have to clean the leather maybe once a month, but I’d do the same for any color interior. I haven’t noticed any dirt/staining, but better safe than sorry.

My BMW had a black interior and regular sized sunroof and it was pretty dark and dismal. (Even with the Sportline red trim around the dash). The G70 Sport’s black interior looks good and with the grey stitching, I think it brightens the interior enough to be pretty comfortable. But I do like a lighter interior (happier mood) and the cream interior really does a nice job of keeping me happy. Even more-so when the sunroof is open!

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've got a Design edition and don't mind the cream interior except for the cream/white steering wheel it had. For some reason I couldn't get over that. It seemed too "flashy" and I figured it would get dirty too easily, so changing the wheel (and related components) to a black one was my requirement to seal the deal with the sales manager (yes, I know the dark interior sections are actually a very dark greenish black, but it's not noticeable to me).
The cream carpets don't seem to be an issue, but cream floor mats does seem like an odd choice. I may buy a set of black carpeted mats, since these are getting dirty. I had a BMW with a cream and black interior. In that car the steering wheel and mats were black.
After driving it for four months I did notice some dirt stains on the interior door handles/arm rests, but it cleaned up very easily.
Although I have always liked black interiors, they somehow feel more sporty, I really like the lighter interior not feeling like a cave.