Who Preordered?

Ksimard

Hasn't posted much yet...
Thread starter #1
I was wondering how many have preordered so far.. what color? What mode?

I preorder a Santiago silver with black/red interior..now the long wait begins..!

Buckdes

Getting familiar with the group...
I pre ordered the white exterior black red interior i really hope the door sills are illuminated and the exhaust sounds great would deally hate to turn away the car after so much anticipation lol

GenesisYEG

Been here awhile...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I pre ordered the white exterior black red interior i really hope the door sills are illuminated and the exhaust sounds great would deally hate to turn away the car after so much anticipation lol
Door sills are just aluminum, not illuminated. You don't look at those while you're driving, however. ;) At the very least you will have the illuminated puddle lamps from the side mirrors as you approach the front side doors!

I don't think you will have a problem with the exhaust sound. It won't be snap crackle and pop like an aftermarket exhaust as the car is meant to be refined, but it will definitely be more aggressive than the KDM version of the vehicle -- Genesis Canada and USA know that North Americans like more aggressive exhausts. I was impressed when I revved the engine of the KDM G70 3.3T last month -- the engine note sound fantastic!

Luckily for you, the exhaust is simple to change if you don't like it. The most important part is how the car drives and I have no doubt in my mind that you will enjoy it if you enjoy your Bimmer!

g70

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I preordered.

Anyone got any tips/feedback on price negotiation with Genesis? Specifically with regards to a lease. I know they have a 1.9% introductory deal on the rate here in Canada, but seeing as it is expected to come in in the high 50s (what they told me at Montreal Car show was 55-58 for the top model), how fixed is the sale price expected to be? I'm hoping the residual will be around 58% for 3 years as seems to be standard for them.

Also, what are they like with trade-ins? Am upgrading so I need to get rid of my old car- am I likely to get a good deal from them? Am I better off selling it myself? Kind of new at this so any help much appreciated!

Buckdes

I know they say its all in pricing which can be bad or good depending how u look at it .. it takes away haggling to get them to dump the stupid fees like delivery, admin crap , air conditioning fee , and anti theft but all this might still be included and we just cant negotiate so not really sure what the deal is maybe there can be some negotiation regarding 3m or window tints and accesories or even some winter tires since the top sport trim only comes with performance summers. I do also hope trade ins are competetive as that is basically the only way i can get into the genesis i preordered i do also hope the residuals are good on this car even though i am financing possibly i do like to get something new every few years

Ksimard

Thread starter #6
I am dealing with GeneisYEG on my trade and I have to be careful what I say..lol.. but I have preordered both the stinger and genesis, and am selling my 2018 grand Cherokee privately , hopefully..or I will trade it one of the cars.. my dilemma? The Kia dealer is giving me a considerable better price for my Cherokee.. I love the G70 and would be my first pick, but not at the price difference. I am faced with. Plus I do have a family so the stinger is probably a better fit, but I love the looks of the G70 more.. so hopefully it all works out and I sell it privately..it’s always the best way to go. The dealer will never give you the best price but they will for the financing option. I am capable of buying my vehicles outright but you never get as good a deal for cash compare to financing with the dealer..they flat out tell you this. The more financing they can get with there bank buddies the better deal they can offer you from the kickbacks they get. 20 years ago cash was king.. now credit is.. so my last 2 vehicles I financed for 6months and then buy them out.. no penalty.. and was 3k better then paying cash?
I hate paying interest!

GenesisYEG

Been here awhile...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Sorry to say but there is no negotiating with Genesis as you are buying the car from Genesis Canada, not from Genesis Edmonton. My store doesn't set the price of the car -- Genesis Canada does. No matter what agency you go to in Canada, you will pay the exact same for the car. The only incentives you will get on the G70 are for pre-ordering, which is 1.9% for lease up to 60 mos/finance up to 84 mos, or $1000 cash incentive.

Genesis Canada actually commissioned J.D. Power to survey over 1000 luxury car buyers in Canada and the vast majority prefer not having to haggle for the car and like knowing they did not pay any more for the vehicle than the next guy. You don't have to pay any delivery or destination fees, documentation fees, etc. There are also no dealer add-ons like anti-theft etching or Winter Packages.

Sure, the G70 may cost more than the Stinger but you get a lot more for the car itself as well as the extras such as Included Scheduled Maintenance. As posted in another thread:

The Stinger and the G70 were not designed to be competitors. The Stinger was meant to be a grand tourer -- it is longer (+145mm), wider (+20mm), and heavier (several hundreds of lbs). It also has a hatch, which offers a lot more cargo space and versatility but lesser structural rigidity to the sedan format. The Stinger is targeted towards the mainstream buyer that shows that Kia can make a fantastic performing vehicle that anybody could be proud to own, whereas the G70 was designed to be a high-performing sport sedan that would upend Europe's reign over the segment.

With that said, the G70 is easily worth the price delta over the Stinger. Here is why:

(YouTube video of G70 smoking a Stinger in a drag race)

Mechanical Limited Slip Differential with the AWD system vs. open differential on the Stinger = better handling
Engine is underrated in the G70 and is outputting more than the engine in the Stinger = better acceleration
Car is lighter than the Stinger
All intakes and vents are functional on the G70
The build quality and material quality is much higher in the G70 than in the Stinger
You can get a manual and RWD G70 (albeit at a lower trim) but you can't in the Stinger
The Lexicon sound system in the G70 surpasses the Harmon/Kardon sound system in the Stinger
You get 5 years of included scheduled maintenance, valet service, Genesis courtesy vehicles, and navigation map updates with the G70
Lease rates are at 1.9% up to 60 months if you pre-order the G70; the Stinger is currently at 4.99% and 5.99%
Finance rates are at 1.9% up to 84 months if you pre-order the G70; the Stinger is currently at 2.99% and 3.49%
The G70 is estimated to hold its value better than the Stinger
The $52k price of the Stinger is before any dealership fees -- Genesis Canada charges no dealership fees (or delivery and destination charges, for that matter)

The Kia Stinger is a great car. It may even be the better choice for you. Feature-wise, it has most of the features of the G70 but then again, a Sonata has lot of the features both cars do. However, the G70 was designed to be the faster, sportier, and more luxurious car than the Stinger.

Choose whichever one works best for you!

g70

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
So what is the consensus- lease or finance? I can't currently afford to buy outright.

Buckdes

I think the leasing vs finance option will depend on residual value and the purchase price from what i have seen with other cars in this category usually a 4 year lease will have similar bi weekly payments as a 7 year finance term so hopefully by the 3.5 year mark of the finance plan you may be able to get the trade value for what you still owe depending on the odometer which will act similar to the lease where you can get something new if desired by i like the idea of owning the car as opposed to paying any extras after returning the keys at the end of a lease

Ksimard

Thread starter #10
GenesisYEG(DJ). I don’t think anyone is saying the Kia is a better car than the G70, just maybe not 10k better.. like I said the G70 will be my first choice by far , I just hope I can sell my Cherokee!,, lol

As far as leasing vs financing.. I think for me I would lease. And here’s my reason why.. I’m still not sold on the G70 size. For now I think it will be big enough for my family, but in two years I might need more room..enter g80(with hopefully G70 interior updates) and with 1.9% leasing might be the way to go.

Bring on the G70 reviews!!!!

dougjp

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
" Engine is underrated in the G70 and is outputting more than the engine in the Stinger " Sorry but credibility happens only after giving a third party source for this. As far as I can see, both are rated the same or virtually the same. Any acceleration difference would then be a by-product of different traction tires and lower weight, and from what I've read the weight difference isn't large at all.

Ksimard, please let us know how trading in ends up. Its my biggest worry about the G70 buying experience because of the combination of no flexibility on the price of the car (which I don't mind in itself) and that trading means being forced into dealing with 2 profit centers, Genesis and (fill in whatever dealer, Kia or Hyundai) compared to Kia selling you a Stinger and getting your trade on its lot (if it fits). Therefore buying a G70 is just like the dealer wholesaling your trade out at below black book. I have a low mileage Hyundai which I bought as the wait for the G70 became too long. Initially I thought it would be great, a same make trade getting maximum $ if I liked the G70 when it arrived. Now I realize its as bad a situation as I could have gotten myself into, $ wise.

Ksimard

Thread starter #12
Exactly Dougjp.. the new genesis dealers are for now, dealing out of a mall and don’t have any lot space anywhere (that I know of) so trades to them is not going to be as good as dealer with a sales staff to sell used cars waiting. Maybe this will improve over the years but for guys like us that have a very good trade will get low balled every time.. I don’t blame genesis.. they will eventually get there.. it just means maybe I buy in a couple years instead of a couple months.... because the difference so far in my trade is susbstantial. .. like I said I still have a couple months to sell it privately, which is always the best deal!

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
exactly dougjp.. The new genesis dealers are for now, dealing out of a mall and don’t have any lot space anywhere (that i know of) so trades to them is not going to be as good as dealer with a sales staff to sell used cars waiting. Maybe this will improve over the years but for guys like us that have a very good trade will get low balled every time.. I don’t blame genesis.. They will eventually get there.. It just means maybe i buy in a couple years instead of a couple months.... Because the difference so far in my trade is susbstantial. .. Like i said i still have a couple months to sell it privately, which is always the best deal!
wbyceiydbo.

GenesisYEG

Been here awhile...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
" Engine is underrated in the G70 and is outputting more than the engine in the Stinger " Sorry but credibility happens only after giving a third party source for this. As far as I can see, both are rated the same or virtually the same. Any acceleration difference would then be a by-product of different traction tires and lower weight, and from what I've read the weight difference isn't large at all.

Ksimard, please let us know how trading in ends up. Its my biggest worry about the G70 buying experience because of the combination of no flexibility on the price of the car (which I don't mind in itself) and that trading means being forced into dealing with 2 profit centers, Genesis and (fill in whatever dealer, Kia or Hyundai) compared to Kia selling you a Stinger and getting your trade on its lot (if it fits). Therefore buying a G70 is just like the dealer wholesaling your trade out at below black book. I have a low mileage Hyundai which I bought as the wait for the G70 became too long. Initially I thought it would be great, a same make trade getting maximum $ if I liked the G70 when it arrived. Now I realize its as bad a situation as I could have gotten myself into, $ wise.
Oh?

[video=youtube;0MXbVOOt_TU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MXbVOOt_TU[/video]

TL;DW:
Same dyno, back to back runs
G70: 285.97 whp / 359.19 wtq
Stinger: 267.17 whp / 354.42 wtq

Sure, you can get a deal on the Stinger. You also pay more in interest, pay for maintenance, have to waste your time in the dealership to get your vehicle serviced, don't get Genesis courtesy vehicles, have worse build quality, have a less ergonomic interior design, and get a slower vehicle overall.

The Stinger and G70 are similar yet different. Buy whichever car suits your needs (e.g. practicality vs. luxury/performance). Both are designed with different goals in mind. Both are great cars.

G80guy

Been here awhile...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
G70 286 hp seems a bit low even with a 20% drive train lost. Could be the dyno and being a new engine not broken in yet. Or even slight differences in engine builds.

Toddasaurus

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
G70 286 hp seems a bit low even with a 20% drive train lost. Could be the dyno and being a new engine not broken in yet. Or even slight differences in engine builds.
Agreed. I've only seen a few dynos of the Stinger on Youtube, but it seems all of them had above ~310whp. Oh well, all that matters is that they used the same one for a direct comparison on the same day and time, so it's still good info.....assuming they all are at least broken in, that is.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.