Who will be the first U.S. G70 owner?

Thread starter #1

KDX

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm looking forward to the first post and it's going to be nice to see the G70 hit the U.S. and hear some real world reviews from the new owners.

mrozowjj

I don't know if it will be me but I've been calling the local Hundai/Genesis Dealers every few months and I think they are getting tired of hearing from me.

It's my last hope for a sporty sedan that I actually like the seats on. All the German cars have seats that don't agree with my back.

I test drove a Kia Stinger and that just got me more excited for the G70.

Ed Okin

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Southern California, USA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
A cool topic!

May just depend what state one lives in and whether certain areas get a release sooner. It would be optimal if fewer dealers each get more inventory, if only be be able to compare exterior colors and interiors side by side before making a commitment. Photos and videos are helpful, but ultimately it needs the live look, sit and drive to make the final choice.

It bugs me a bit that I am so enamored with this car, but, in my defense I am / have been the owner of three excellent Hyundais so I feel like the G70 is a much faster and more luxurious version of what I already have.

mrozowjj

What bugs me is no one seems to even know when they might get them. I was semi considering the Volvo XC40 and back in Janurary I emailed a Volvo dealer and they said "March" and sure enough by March I got a phone call and there it was ready to test drive. All of the dealers here don't have a clue when it's getting here which is making me worry that it won't happen soon and I thought it was supposed to be out in the "summer"

Ed Okin

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Southern California, USA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
What bugs me is no one seems to even know when they might get them. I was semi considering the Volvo XC40 and back in Janurary I emailed a Volvo dealer and they said "March" and sure enough by March I got a phone call and there it was ready to test drive. All of the dealers here don't have a clue when it's getting here which is making me worry that it won't happen soon and I thought it was supposed to be out in the "summer"
I agree.

Imagine if you are a Genesis dealer (or at least hope they will let you sty as one) and you can’t even give info to your customers.

I just keep focused on the amazing job all those Genesis engineers did to create the G70 and my local dealer who has always given me great service on my Hyundais and forget the marketing people...

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
All of the dealers here don't have a clue when it's getting here which is making me worry that it won't happen soon and I thought it was supposed to be out in the "summer"
Summer ends Sept 21. Plenty of time yet. Much going on with dealers though.

devellis

Been here awhile...
North Carolina
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
EdP is correct.. I think maybe mrozowjj just doesn’t like that answer

Yes, of course. But we've been told various time frames that have since past. None were definitive, of course. But this one may not be either. Meteorological summer is actually June 1 through August 31 and I think that's what most people hink of as "summer." Summer vacations eon't typically occur the second week in September, for example. And schools' summer vacations end earlly in September.

Still, I do think the recent activity is noteworthy and I do think that we're finally getting there.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Summer vacations eon't typically occur the second week in September, for example.
Nothing to do with Genesis, but that is when I took summer vacation once the kids were out of school. Warm weather, no crowds, cheaper prices.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Yes, of course. But we've been told various time frames that have since past. None were definitive, of course. But this one may not be either. Meteorological summer is actually June 1 through August 31 and I think that's what most people hink of as "summer." Summer vacations eon't typically occur the second week in September, for example. And schools' summer vacations end earlly in September.
This seems to me to be quite a contorted definition of summer, as if wishing it earlier would make it so. I would also caution that when we hear about various timeframes we should take into account who is giving that information and how many people it had to go through before it got to us. A while ago corporate said 2018 and more recently they directly said summer. Other timeframes have been bandied about but the fact they were wrong may say something about their sources. Of course Genesis may yet not make the Sept 21 end of summer date. Only time will tell.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I’m calling beginning of August...just like the peeps that were at the official USA launch this past week told me.

mrozowjj

EdP is correct.. I think maybe mrozowjj just doesn’t like that answer
It's more than Volvo and Jag were both able to give me a month when their car would be out several months in advance.

The fact that they say end of summer and as you've mentioned that's only 2 months away so if it's actually coming out in September I would expect they would know it instead of a giant shoulder shrug and a "Eh I dunno." The dealers I've called don't even know the "End of summer" thing they literally told me "I have no idea if it will even be out this year."

But I guess that's what you get when you have a dealer used to selling lower priced cars; they don't care about you if you aren't planning on buying a car today.

ACCHRM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
It's more than Volvo and Jag were both able to give me a month when their car would be out several months in advance.

The fact that they say end of summer and as you've mentioned that's only 2 months away so if it's actually coming out in September I would expect they would know it instead of a giant shoulder shrug and a "Eh I dunno." The dealers I've called don't even know the "End of summer" thing they literally told me "I have no idea if it will even be out this year."

But I guess that's what you get when you have a dealer used to selling lower priced cars; they don't care about you if you aren't planning on buying a car today.
It's not the dealers fault, I work at a dealer as well, and we sell from really cheap to expensive cars, and if the manufacturer does not tell us anything, we don't know. Genesis does not pass any information to dealerships yet, that's the problem.

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Should the title of the thread be "Who will be the first on the FORUM to get a G70??" Pretty tough I'd think to find the first person in the whole U.S. who bought the first G70.

:)

mrozowjj

It's not the dealers fault, I work at a dealer as well, and we sell from really cheap to expensive cars, and if the manufacturer does not tell us anything, we don't know. Genesis does not pass any information to dealerships yet, that's the problem.
Well that really blows. Maybe it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things but it doesn't seem like a great way to launch a new brand but I don't do marketing nor do I work in the auto industry so I'm far from having any real experience with the subject.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.