3.3T Whose G70 is this?

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis G70
I added the mid pipes before I did a catback and I did not notice any increase of drone. You could just slightly hear the exhaust more on acceleration but after that it sounded the same as stock. Standing behind the car was noticeable even with stock cat back. It will definitely open up some flow for a better increase from the tune Though

Shadymouse

Registered Member
Yonkers, NY
Genesis G70
I added the mid pipes before I did a catback and I did not notice any increase of drone. You could just slightly hear the exhaust more on acceleration but after that it sounded the same as stock. Standing behind the car was noticeable even with stock cat back. It will definitely open up some flow for a better increase from the tune Though
This is the response I was pretty much looking for, especially from another G70 owner. Thanks Man, appreciate it.
If you don't mind sharing, what catback did you go with? It feels like we're definitely part of the minority when it comes to after market exhausts.

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis G70
This is the response I was pretty much looking for, especially from another G70 owner. Thanks Man, appreciate it.
If you don't mind sharing, what catback did you go with? It feels like we're definitely part of the minority when it comes to after market exhausts.
I chose the jun bl racing version. Another member here actually convinced me to go for it and I love it

FornicatorSteve

Hasn't posted much yet...
Central Florida
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Another one.. SRT8 vs. G70

Frank's not stock, he's got them sour patches man.

I've wanted to run him RWD vs AWD but usually he takes the Supra out instead. And that things in mid 10s easy.

Afaik he doesn't have meth, though. There is another FBO meth Stinger that runs with us and he gets me by a good bit since I'm literally just map 2.

If anyone's in central Florida and wants to come out pm me and I'll point you to the group.

joschneider

G70 Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis G70
Frank's not stock, he's got them sour patches man.

I've wanted to run him RWD vs AWD but usually he takes the Supra out instead. And that things in mid 10s easy.

Afaik he doesn't have meth, though. There is another FBO meth Stinger that runs with us and he gets me by a good bit since I'm literally just map 2.

If anyone's in central Florida and wants to come out pm me and I'll point you to the group.
It sounds like youre in the know...why does he insist on claiming hes stock in every video, along with every comment about it? Just hardcore trolling?

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis G70
It sounds like youre in the know...why does he insist on claiming hes stock in every video, along with every comment about it? Just hardcore trolling?
Def a troll. We all know what our cars are capable of stock. And beating a gr Supra is not one of those capabilities lol

FornicatorSteve

Central Florida
He's a big troll lmao but very fun and definitely knows how to race on the street.

He may have a standalone tune, I'm not 100% sure but there's definitely nothing noticeable under the hood. People have claimed hidden NOS, and other mods and they've looked and not found anything.

But if anyone's in central Florida we have meets every week.

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis G70
I emailed him and said I have a G70. I asked if he was stock because he was beating cars that it wouldn't seem we can... He def admitted to being a troll but said he was all stock...

Re: The Supra, here is a video of a stock Golf R vs Supra with the Golf winning one and the Supra winning one... I dont' get it. Is it possible this is like the M340i and some cars coming out with a hot tune from the factory and then later being detuned via recall??

joschneider

G70 Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis G70
I emailed him and said I have a G70. I asked if he was stock because he was beating cars that it wouldn't seem we can... He def admitted to being a troll but said he was all stock...

Re: The Supra, here is a video of a stock Golf R vs Supra with the Golf winning one and the Supra winning one... I dont' get it. Is it possible this is like the M340i and some cars coming out with a hot tune from the factory and then later being detuned via recall??

Kind of looks more like rwd with spin vs awd with no spin. The Supra still is pulling at the end as expected, it does take a bit to catch up with a bad launch. This does not apply to the G70 tho, since stock even rwd we don’t spin tires, no more than a chirp or so.

It sucks he’s even trolling you by saying he’s stock, when you were nice enough to extend an olive branch with an email

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis G70
Kind of looks more like rwd with spin vs awd with no spin. The Supra still is pulling at the end as expected, it does take a bit to catch up with a bad launch. This does not apply to the G70 tho, since stock even rwd we don’t spin tires, no more than a chirp or so.

It sucks he’s even trolling you by saying he’s stock, when you were nice enough to extend an olive branch with an email
Yeah, likely the case..

So on a roll the G70 is really close. With JB4 it would be faster vs a stock Supra. Ergo, he is tuned.

Supra
Rolling start, 5–60 mph: 4.6 sec
Top gear, 30–50 mph: 2.5 sec
Top gear, 50–70 mph: 2.8 sec

G70
Rolling start, 5–60 mph: 5.0 sec
Top gear, 30–50 mph: 2.5 sec
Top gear, 50–70 mph: 3.2 sec

FornicatorSteve

Central Florida

He's not going to be honest/forthcoming with it since there's $$ races involved. It's also a reason he doesn't take his cars to the track. People know his Supra is fast, they make a lot with just a downpipe and a good tune. But his G70 (albeit in a lower class of fast) is one of the sleepers people don't expect to have to pay up to.

If I get the chance to race him I'll let you guys know.

If you guys want to check out the GTI I mentioned in the 1/4 mile thread there's a few videos: vs 10r80 mustang 5.0, cammed 6th gen Camaro, cammed C6 Vette, BMW M4, FBO/meth Stinger etc. My goal was to keep up with him without meth (118 trap) but uhhhh he went and got a bigger turbo and is trapping 125+ on 93 and probably about 132 on e85.

Aquineas

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis G70
The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums