Why are people using the NAV?

tomstoll

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
integration with HUD

but ive noticed the Built in NAV routing is much worse than Google Maps routing so i always do a sanity check before leaving to ensure no major discrepancies. Its taken me through some backroads that google normally avoids for good reason

Zeus69

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I've always gotten the integrated Nav on my cars, mostly because I love technology and navigation often bundles with other (e.g. audio) higher-end options. But i've been left wanting when it comes to most efficient routes to a destination.
My current Audi integrated nav doesn't do the best job at reliably finding the quickest route (yes, I've set all the route options correctly). Google/Waze is better imo and the real-time traffic a major plus.

What do owners think of the GV80 navigation route algorithm? Accurate? Efficient?
I've also read that Genesis "Connected Services" offers Destination Search, which uses the Google search engine to locate POIs. But I assume the route planning to the destination is then via the Genesis integrated Nav map.

m0pher

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
One of the most irritating issues to me is the change in prompt volume adjustment method since the update. The ability to adjust the prompt volume with the volume controls while the prompt is playing has been removed. Now, adjustment requires going into volume adj in the software or in the map itself. It now requires MANY clicks where you used to be able to adjust it instantly with the volume control. I sure hope somebody can prove me wrong and tell me the new shortcut I missed.
I'm curious if you've testing this with AA/CP and had the same result. I agree that the original implementation is best and since I rely primarily on CP, I'm hesitant to upgrade the software if it's impacted in the same way.

ckon

Registered Member
SE Michigan
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I'm curious if you've testing this with AA/CP and had the same result. I agree that the original implementation is best and since I rely primarily on CP, I'm hesitant to upgrade the software if it's impacted in the same way.
I know it works the same way now but I don’t know if it did before the software update.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums