Why did you pick G70 over others?

Thread starter #1

iqjumpuw

Getting familiar with the group...
There are tons of other choices in this segment and it's a huge gamble to buy a completely new car that is unproven and has serious dealerships issues. Why did you pick the Genesis G70 over others?

Was it the price? Design? Features? Wanted something different? Let's hear it!

TOGuy242

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Toronto, ON
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
For me it was a combination of all of those things: was, by far, the best bang for the buck. For the features you get, with the specs it has, here in Canada anyway I would have had to have spent $20K more. Yes I could have gotten into an entry BMW for the same price, but wouldn’t have had nearly the same level of trim. Love the look of it. Finally, I don’t want to be driving what 90% of other people are driving. I know that doesn’t make sense, but coming from a Saab, I just wanted something different ...

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I was always a Japanese vehicle person and when we needed to replace our SUV, we picked the 2019 Sorento. It's such a solid vehicle that impresses me everytime I get in it. Convinced me 100% that the Korean cars are just as good if not better value proposition.
Was eyeing the Stinger since it came out but also knew about the G70. The Stinger was only available with the 3.3T in Canada for the first model year and I wanted something more premium than sporty hence the G70 Prestige!
Considered the A4 and Golf R as well. Too many blank buttons and very generic looking!

danygenesis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've been a Genesis owner for the last 5 years (2014 and 2016 MY) therefore I know firsthand how good those cars are. You get a lot of car for the money compared with other brands. Other thing I like is how rare they are, I'm sure that 90 percent of the people doesn't know what brand of car you are driving. Now, why the G70? Well, my family shrank because my son went to College and he has his own car now. My 2016 Genesis 3.8 became too big for my needs. The smaller 3.3T G70 will suit perfectly.

canucklehead604

Hasn't posted much yet...
West Coast Canada
1. 6MT RWD trim option
2. handling dynamics (after test drive)
3. exterior and interior styling/features (after local auto show preview in March)
4. value proposition

in that order. hands down i wouldn't have considered the G70 if no 6MT trim was available.

for me, the value proposition doesn't matter if i don't dig the styling and features. and styling/features don't matter if the handling dynamics are a mess. and without a 6MT, nothing else matters.

#1stworldproblem - to be sure.

KDX

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
There are tons of other choices in this segment and it's a huge gamble to buy a completely new car that is unproven and has serious dealerships issues. Why did you pick the Genesis G70 over others?

Was it the price? Design? Features? Wanted something different? Let's hear it!
It's the best car in the segment, and it's also got a fantastic price. Pretty easy decision to make (unless you are a brand snob).

Cowtown

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Greater Victoria, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Confirmed x 4

Same as others though on my end. I spent over a month data mining, reading reviews, test driving, 2x and reading info on here and it's just really the best car for it's money in the category all up. I even moved away from an SUV so it took additional mental shifts to break from the trend the market is taking as well.

Key bits for me.

- Standard features can't be matched
- The engines are great, particularly the 3.3T
- Handling and comfort is great
- Full suite of safety is standard
- Lease rates!

The last one was a big one. At least in Canada nobody with a class leading car like BMW, Volvo, MB could come close on lease rates and residuals. This made a big difference in the monthly payment and their all in pricing makes it a lot easier to deal with. Honestly dealer network aside this has been my favorite all up car purchase I've ever done using their online purchase methodology.

A last side note, which may not apply to you, is the Hyundai loyalty discount and also I benefit from Hyundai family plan benefit since my mom works for a Hyundai dealership (not a Genesis associated one). That extra 1k for Hyundai loyalty and 3k for the family discount certainly helped a lot with the value piece.

KusaKusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Wait does the loyalty discount also apply to Hyundais?

KusaKusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
You get a 1% rate reduction if financing.
Is that advertised or said anywhere? The loyalty at least only says it applies to Genesis and cash back :(.

Anyway, back to the main topic. My main differentiators for the G70 vs the competition are price and features, better reliability than the German competition, looks, and interior luxury. When I briefly test drove it, I really liked the looks overall, the ambiance of the interior, and the tautness of the driving control. Ride comfort and noise are also important to me, but I haven't been able to test that thoroughly yet.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Is that advertised or said anywhere? The loyalty at least only says it applies to Genesis and cash back :(.

Anyway, back to the main topic. My main differentiators for the G70 vs the competition are price and features, better reliability than the German competition, looks, and interior luxury. When I briefly test drove it, I really liked the looks overall, the ambiance of the interior, and the tautness of the driving control. Ride comfort and noise are also important to me, but I haven't been able to test that thoroughly yet.
Not advertised. But maybe only in Canada.
$1,000 Conquest Incentive + $1,000 trim based incentive + 1% rate reduction Loyalty Incentive.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.