• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Will 20” x 9 wheels fit up front (3.3 sport)

dbuckingham144

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I really like the Rohana RC10 graphite wheels and think they would look great on the black 3.3T sport. Only challenge is that the graphite only come in 20” wheels, and narrowest setting seems to be 9” wide. I know the default is 8.5 but if not using spacers would the 9” work or will it produce poke out from the fender?

I was going to do 10” for the rears and from I can see online that should work.

Another reason for the larger wheel is that I am going to install the jb4 and I hear people are having some traction challenges so thought a little more rubber would t hurt in the rear wheel drive.

jayjayralph

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I really like the Rohana RC10 graphite wheels and think they would look great on the black 3.3T sport. Only challenge is that the graphite only come in 20” wheels, and narrowest setting seems to be 9” wide. I know the default is 8.5 but if not using spacers would the 9” work or will it produce poke out from the fender?

I was going to do 10” for the rears and from I can see online that should work.

Another reason for the larger wheel is that I am going to install the jb4 and I hear people are having some traction challenges so thought a little more rubber would t hurt in the rear wheel drive.
i have a set of rohanas ordered i will let u know soon haha

GMonee16

Registered Member
Honolulu, HI
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Well, my only complaint is not being able to stay on sport mode. "Normal" mode is to floaty for my taste and "Sport" is perfect. Then again, is a matter of opinion at the end of the day.

G70girl

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Is anyone running 255 35/19 tires on front with 19x8.5 +32 wheels? Or does anyone know anyone that has those on the front? I ordered 275/35/19 for the rear and was going to put the 255’s on the front but not sure if there will be any issues with rubbing or not. Ordered the Vossen HF1’s in black so hopefully everything will work out!! I will post pics once they come in and are on provided there’s no issues with the front tires.

dbuckingham144

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Is anyone running 255 35/19 tires on front with 19x8.5 +32 wheels? Or does anyone know anyone that has those on the front? I ordered 275/35/19 for the rear and was going to put the 255’s on the front but not sure if there will be any issues with rubbing or not. Ordered the Vossen HF1’s in black so hopefully everything will work out!! I will post pics once they come in and are on provided there’s no issues with the front tires.
Be interested to see what they look like. Do you believe you will need spacers?

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I would think 255s in the front would rub on the strut, unless you go with a lower offset wheel or add a spacer. When I measured the space from the wheel edge and tire to the strut, with stock 18" wheels and 225s, there was barely 0.5" of clearance.

G70girl

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I would think 255s in the front would rub on the strut, unless you go with a lower offset wheel or add a spacer. When I measured the space from the wheel edge and tire to the strut, with stock 18" wheels and 225s, there was barely 0.5" of clearance.
Hmm, ok thank you. I have a feeling it’s going to rub so I’m having second thoughts about moving the rears to the front. I’ll have to talk to the tire guy when the wheels come in. I really didn’t want to have to buy 4 new tires as I only have 7000 miles on mine. I’ll let you know what happens and thanks again!!

G70girl

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Rohana rfx11
Ohtsu Fp8000 tires (fallen fk452)
Front 20x9 35 offset 245.35.20
Rear 20x10 40 offset 275.30.20

Only took it around the block
No rubbing so far
Looks great!!!!! Especially with those 20” wheels! Could you tell yet if it made a difference in the way it drives?

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums