• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Will 20” x 9 wheels fit up front (3.3 sport)

jayjayralph

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
haven't drove it much yet . 255 will rub with the 9 inch wheel i think not much room left in there with this set

G70girl

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
haven't drove it much yet . 255 will rub with the 9 inch wheel i think not much room left in there with this set
Ok i had that feeling deep down that it probably would. That’s a big tire for the front and I have been second guessing myself. Thank you, I will probably just keep the stock tires on it for now, maybe. LOL

dbuckingham144

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Rohana rfx11
Ohtsu Fp8000 tires (fallen fk452)
Front 20x9 35 offset 245.35.20
Rear 20x10 40 offset 275.30.20

Only took it around the block
No rubbing so far
Looks great. A few follow up questions:
  • How close to the original diameter is that setup (has it impacted your speedometer accuracy?)
  • I am assuming you have lowered your car. What lowering setup have you used? (Ignore, Stinger lowering springs, i recall the post now).
  • How do those tires handle compared to the OEM super sports? (you might need a few more miles before commenting on that one :) )

jayjayralph

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Looks great. A few follow up questions:
  • How close to the original diameter is that setup (has it impacted your speedometer accuracy?)
  • I am assuming you have lowered your car. What lowering setup have you used? (Ignore, Stinger lowering springs, i recall the post now).
  • How do those tires handle compared to the OEM super sports? (you might need a few more miles before commenting on that one :) )
Tire Size Calculator u can use this website to compare tire sizes. the 20's i have are around 2% bigger

the fp8000 are awesome i love them. way smoother and quieter
I never liked the pilot sport 4 tires. most overrated tire on the market

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Tire Size Calculator u can use this website to compare tire sizes. the 20's i have are around 2% bigger

the fp8000 are awesome i love them. way smoother and quieter
I never liked the pilot sport 4 tires. most overrated tire on the market
Umm... There's a reason why the Pilot 4S has become the defacto standard summer performance tire for pretty much all new cars. It's a damn good tire with tremendous capabilities. Check out the reviews and test results on Tire Rack.
You're comparing it to an all season tire (that I've never heard of). Apples and oranges. It's normal for an all season tire to be smoother and quieter than a summer performance tire. They are designed for different purposes.

jayjayralph

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Umm... There's a reason why the Pilot 4S has become the defacto standard summer performance tire for pretty much all new cars. It's a damn good tire with tremendous capabilities. Check out the reviews and test results on Tire Rack.
You're comparing it to an all season tire (that I've never heard of). Apples and oranges. It's normal for an all season tire to be smoother and quieter than a summer performance tire. They are designed for different purposes.
Lol I'm not comparing it to an all season tire. The fp8000 is a summer high performance tire. It's a falken fk452 rebranded.
I don't need to read reviews. I put over 20000 kms on them and in my opinion they are over rated. Reading someone else experience isn't going to change that.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Lol I'm not comparing it to an all season tire. The fp8000 is a summer high performance tire. It's a falken fk452 rebranded.
I don't need to read reviews. I put over 20000 kms on them and in my opinion they are over rated. Reading someone else experience isn't going to change that.
I've only had really good experiences with Falken tires, specifically with the Azenis (both variants). Such a good tire, and the price! You can't go wrong. Though I haven't compared them directly with the PS4, I would think they're pretty damn even in terms of track performance.

The FK452 on the other hand, I haven't used. I used the previous rendition of it (I think it was, at least), and it did pretty good for mixed autocross and street driving. It was also very light, which I loved.

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Sorry, the first couple of websites I looked at (including Amazon) refer to them as all season tires. I see that most classify it as an UHP summer tire. I've heard of Falken of course, but never Ohtsu. Interesting, sounds like a good deal. However I wasn't just talking about other people's reviews, but rather objective track tests, although in fairness Tire Rack didn't test the Falken or Ohtsu.

G70girl

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thank you for the help! I ended up getting the Michelin Super Sport 4s, 275/35/19 rear and 245/40/19 front with Vossen HF1 wheels, 8.5 32 offset for the front and 9.5 40 offset for the rear. Just got them installed tonight so I will take pics tomorrow and post them. Now all I need to do is lower it!

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Well, my only complaint is not being able to stay on sport mode. "Normal" mode is to floaty for my taste and "Sport" is perfect. Then again, is a matter of opinion at the end of the day.
Why cant you stay on sport mode?

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
EPA ratings are based on the "common" mode of the vehicles, so manufacturers set the system to stay in normal or eco, but not in Sport or Sport + (for makes/models that have that) because those modes reduce the overall MPG ratings.

In order for a manufacturer to make a specific MPG claim they must adhere to specific regulations, and one of those happens to be averaging the overall MPG from within the most used/common drive mode.

So the option Hyundai (or any manufacturer) has is to have the EPA rate the car in a default mode (normal/eco) and leave the sport mode for the end user to engage.

since Hyundai has been slapped for falsifying their MPG ratings in the past, I doubt they want any more bad press on the matter by allowing the testing to be done in sport mode.
Oh, I thought you meant that you couldn't drive it in sport mode... lol

That's the first thing I do during my preflight checks. Push start button, check; switch to sport mode, check; engage stop hold, check; release parking brake, check...

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm planning on something similar to below for wheels and stance. I'm leaning towards 20x9 +32 front and 20×10.5 + 45 rear. just need to lower it and locate the right wheels.

Attachments

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That looks pretty nice, but unfortunately not for my roads. ☹
Will 9" wide with that offset clear the strut in front? Maybe just.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That looks pretty nice, but unfortunately not for my roads. ☹
Will 9" wide with that offset clear the strut in front? Maybe just.
Those offsets and sizes came from several guys over at the stinger forum running those setups with no issues. +32 is further away from the strut tower than +35 which the guys on the previous page are running. The lower the offset, the closer to the outside they are.

Last edited:
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums