• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Will 20” x 9 wheels fit up front (3.3 sport)

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Those offsets and sizes came from several guys over at the stinger forum running those setups with no issues. +32 is further away from the strut tower than +35 which the guys on the previous page are running. The lower the offset, the closer to the outside they are.
Understand. That will buy you almost 1/8", which is about all you'll have, but should be fine if the tire doesn't bulge out much.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Those specs works with G80, as a matter of fact, that's exactly what I have, but I'm not sure if you could squeeze in 10.5 on G70.
Works on the Stinger which comes with the exact same tires and wheels stock as the g70 sport.

My co worker has a stinger, so I'm going to measure the hub to fender distance to compare. Running gear is the same but body is obviously different. Will see what the measurements are.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Rohana rfx11
Ohtsu Fp8000 tires (fallen fk452)
Front 20x9 35 offset 245.35.20
Rear 20x10 40 offset 275.30.20

Only took it around the block
No rubbing so far
Lowered? What springs? Looks good! I'm hoping to gain a bit more concavity...

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Based on my measurements, I'm fairly confident that 20 x 10.5 +40 or +45 will fit as will 20 x 10 +40 to +25 (tight and tire needs to be stretched, and car can be lowered but not slammed) will fit.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Rohana rfx11
Ohtsu Fp8000 tires (fallen fk452)
Front 20x9 35 offset 245.35.20
Rear 20x10 40 offset 275.30.20

Only took it around the block
No rubbing so far
Any idea how much room you have between the rear tire and strut?

jayjayralph

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Any idea how much room you have between the rear tire and strut?
I didn't measure it but it was prob half inch in the rear. Took them off for the winter now.

dbuckingham144

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I put my order In Today. Eibach lowering springs and TSW Clypse Titanium 20” staggered wheels. 8.5 front and 10 rear. Should be installed by end of next week.

dbuckingham144

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I really like the Rohana RC10 graphite wheels and think they would look great on the black 3.3T sport. Only challenge is that the graphite only come in 20” wheels, and narrowest setting seems to be 9” wide. I know the default is 8.5 but if not using spacers would the 9” work or will it produce poke out from the fender?

I was going to do 10” for the rears and from I can see online that should work.

Another reason for the larger wheel is that I am going to install the jb4 and I hear people are having some traction challenges so thought a little more rubber would t hurt in the rear wheel drive.
Ended up not going the RC10 as the fronts required spacers to clear the Brembo brakes. Tested putting 5mm spacers on the front but if left virtually no center bolt so would have required longer mounting bolts. Didn’t seem the right move to spend that much money and still need spacers and run risk of vibration.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Ended up not going the RC10 as the fronts required spacers to clear the Brembo brakes. Tested putting 5mm spacers on the front but if left virtually no center bolt so would have required longer mounting bolts. Didn’t seem the right move to spend that much money and still need spacers and run risk of vibration.
Curious why that wouldn't fit. There are tons of Kia Stingers running 20x9" wheels. What was the offset on the rohana wheels?

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm really torn. I'm about to install the Eibach springs but am now torn between 19" or 20" wheels. I'm starting to think that 20s are too big for our cars. They look good on stingers, but those cars are longer and slightly bigger. Plus, I think that the ride and handling would be sacrificed. The lack of tire sidewall also seems like damage waiting to happen for typical east Coast city streets and potholes. Ugh

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Cant wait to see how the TSWs look on your car. Will help me make my decision between 20s or sticking with 19s.

jayjayralph

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm really torn. I'm about to install the Eibach springs but am now torn between 19" or 20" wheels. I'm starting to think that 20s are too big for our cars. They look good on stingers, but those cars are longer and slightly bigger. Plus, I think that the ride and handling would be sacrificed. The lack of tire sidewall also seems like damage waiting to happen for typical east Coast city streets and potholes. Ugh
I'm running 20s with lowering springs.
U don't need spacers with rohana 9 " 35 offset. I'm running them with no issues

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yes, I've been studying your car for a while and using your wheels as a guide since you confirmed the sizes and offsets fit... lol

I think your rears look great but the fronts concern me due to so little sidewall. Plus, I've been playing with rear offsets to gain more concavity.

First pic: These are SSR GTX01 19 x 8.5 +35 and 19 x 9.5 +35 on our stock PS4 tires, 225/40/19 and 255/35/19.

Second pic: these are Ace Alloy FF005s, 20x9 +35 and 20x10.5 +45 on a Stinger GT. They also come in 19s. I'm leaning towards these wheels. I just need to decide size. Ugh

Attachments

dbuckingham144

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Curious why that wouldn't fit. There are tons of Kia Stingers running 20x9" wheels. What was the offset on the rohana wheels?
The 20” x 9” wasn’t the issue, it was the clearance between brakes and the spokes of the rim. The RC10 are deep concave design, even on front, so the spokes don't have as much clearance between them and the brakes as other rims do. We even spoke to the Rohanna rep to make sure we were thinking about this correctly.

dbuckingham144

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It’s the design of the rim. Not all rohannas or other rims for that matter are equal. They are a deeper concave spoke design, as a result the clearance wasn’t there up front.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Go with 19's! 20's are just too risky, even a small pothole could bust a rim if you're using 20's.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums