• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Will lease cash get better?

pjwr2004

Hasn't posted much yet...
Hey guys, I'm looking at leasing a 2019 G90 Ultimate for 36 months and 15k miles per year. From shopping around, it appears the lease cash is currently $12,500 for 3yr/15k on the G90 5.0. When looking through the numbers, I can't get the monthly payments down low enough to pull the trigger.

Do any of you know if Genesis will increase the lease cash or introduce additional discounts to get the remaining 2019 G90's off the dealer lots? I'm aware the 2020 model is arriving in the next 1-2 months. Also, I'm sure dealers will add further dealer-discounts as time goes on, but I'm more speaking of manufacturer incentives here.

Thanks for your feedback!

spalredd

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Pjwr,

I got an offer with $24k total in manufacturer and dealer discounts on a 2019 lease for 36 months for 12k & 15k miles. I say wait a few months and the prices will come down. I was also quoted $53k buyout (including finance charges) on the same new 2019 G90. As I said, wait it out and there are deals to be had.

On a side note, 2019 Kia K900s look great and Kia is having issues moving them. Local Kia dealer quoted a new K900 with VIP package (MSRP $64895) for $48,200 and it is expected that the prices will drop down to less than $45k in Jan 2020. I suggest you cross shop both the cars for lease and financing to get a better deal.

Thanks,
SP

idlemind

Texas
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I'm in a similar situation. Sold the G80 model 2 weeks ago, or rather the 15 model of the 3.8 Genesis. Nearly leased a 5.0 but ran into a minor issue with financing. Hoping to have that cleared up by mid Feb. If I can find one sitting in the mid 60s then I can go ahead and skip the lease and do a purchase. But I'm ok waiting till Feb which was my original plan. The only reason I started to move up my purchase date is because of inventory. I don't really care for the new body style. Mainly the rear of the car.

spalredd

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
It is better to lease, to get the best buyout price with all the incentives, and then buyout the lease after 60 days. This way you are not paying >8% in financing the lease and then get your financing for as low as 3.29%.

ctrcbob

Been here awhile...
Pjwr,

I got an offer with $24k total in manufacturer and dealer discounts on a 2019 lease for 36 months for 12k & 15k miles. I say wait a few months and the prices will come down. I was also quoted $53k buyout (including finance charges) on the same new 2019 G90. As I said, wait it out and there are deals to be had.

On a side note, 2019 Kia K900s look great and Kia is having issues moving them. Local Kia dealer quoted a new K900 with VIP package (MSRP $64895) for $48,200 and it is expected that the prices will drop down to less than $45k in Jan 2020. I suggest you cross shop both the cars for lease and financing to get a better deal.

Thanks,
SP
My local Kia Dealer has ( as of three weeks ago) a White K900 with Brown interior and VIP Pkg. checked their “internet department” for a price and they quoted me an Internet price of $62xxx. (Even though it’s the end of model year and 2020’s due soon). I told them no way Jose. Kia sells so few of them, plus not all dealers are authorized to work on them.

Even though I like the white or gray with beige interior and NO VIP pkg, I would not buy one.

BTW, although I like the looks of the front end of the K900, the rear looks very stodgy. Love the rear of the 2020 G90. Front not bad either.

spalredd

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
My local Kia Dealer has ( as of three weeks ago) a White K900 with Brown interior and VIP Pkg. checked their “internet department” for a price and they quoted me an Internet price of $62xxx. (Even though it’s the end of model year and 2020’s due soon). I told them no way Jose. Kia sells so few of them, plus not all dealers are authorized to work on them.

Even though I like the white or gray with beige interior and NO VIP pkg, I would not buy one.

BTW, although I like the looks of the front end of the K900, the rear looks very stodgy. Love the rear of the 2020 G90. Front not bad either.

Can you elaborate on why you wouldn't buy a Kia K900 at around $45k? Do you think the car is not worth the price?

pjwr2004

What monthly price you are looking for before tax and zero down zero drive off?
My goal is $800 month (before tax) with no downpayment and 36 months 15,000 miles a year lease. Think it's doable? I'm willing to wait...

CVODON

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Why not just go to your local credit union, obtain a car loan and actually BUY the car? OR maybe just write a check and pay for it before you bring it home like most of us do because Unless you have someway business related to allow a deduction leasing only makes sense for the lease company.
Bet the lease companies love you guys.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Lzrada

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Hey guys, I'm looking at leasing a 2019 G90 Ultimate for 36 months and 15k miles per year. From shopping around, it appears the lease cash is currently $12,500 for 3yr/15k on the G90 5.0. When looking through the numbers, I can't get the monthly payments down low enough to pull the trigger.

Do any of you know if Genesis will increase the lease cash or introduce additional discounts to get the remaining 2019 G90's off the dealer lots? I'm aware the 2020 model is arriving in the next 1-2 months. Also, I'm sure dealers will add further dealer-discounts as time goes on, but I'm more speaking of manufacturer incentives here.

Thanks for your feedback!
I have been working with my local Genesis dealer as my 2017 G80 lease is up on 12/26. My dealership is looking to get rid of all their 2019 stock for the anticipated 2020 models. I was able to negotiate $23,000.00+ off one of the remaining G90 3.3T to a lease of $635.00 per month (all in) with 12k miles / 36 months and $4000.00 down. Casablanca White with a gray and black interior. Finalizing the deal on Saturday. Pictures to come.

spalredd

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I have been working with my local Genesis dealer as my 2017 G80 lease is up on 12/26. My dealership is looking to get rid of all their 2019 stock for the anticipated 2020 models. I was able to negotiate $23,000.00+ off one of the remaining G90 3.3T to a lease of $635.00 per month (all in) with 12k miles / 36 months and $4000.00 down. Casablanca White with a gray and black interior. Finalizing the deal on Saturday. Pictures to come.

Your numbers are close to my offer, do you mind sharing your Money Factor & lease buyout amount at the end of the lease?

pjwr2004

Even better than a credit union right now though you may get a better deal for cash.
Lease starting at $749/month for 36 months with $0 due at signing
12/3/2019 ~ 1/6/2020
Low APR 0.0% financing for up to 60 months, 2.9% for 72 months
12/3/2019 ~ 1/6/2020
Hi, can you tell me more about this offer and where I can get it? I'm looking at leasing the 5.0 Ultimate for 3yr/15k miles. Thanks!

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums