• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Wind Noise Issues - Mirrors

G70VROOMVROOM

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Well, I am a proud new owner of the 2019 G70 and DAMN, this car rocks hahaha. One issue that I have already had diagnosed with the lead service tech at my local Genesis repair center is a wind noise (loud whistle) from the side mirror the sound comes out very distinctly at around 45-55 mph (best heard with window down radio off). We drove another G70 for reference and it was also there. We all concluded that it was a design flaw and probably shouldn’t be doing that sound. My question out there is if anyone else has the same sound coming from their car? This honestly will never be enough for me to want to get rid of the car hahah that would be dumb but, it is kind of annoying a little hahah. I think Genesis will come out with a solution soon hopefully. Thanks y’all.

joschneider

G70 Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Well, I am a proud new owner of the 2019 G70 and DAMN, this car rocks hahaha. One issue that I have already had diagnosed with the lead service tech at my local Genesis repair center is a wind noise (loud whistle) from the side mirror the sound comes out very distinctly at around 45-55 mph (best heard with window down radio off). We drove another G70 for reference and it was also there. We all concluded that it was a design flaw and probably shouldn’t be doing that sound. My question out there is if anyone else has the same sound coming from their car? This honestly will never be enough for me to want to get rid of the car hahah that would be dumb but, it is kind of annoying a little hahah. I think Genesis will come out with a solution soon hopefully. Thanks y’all.
ive never heard this from my car and I like to think Im pretty sensitive to noises. I drive around with my windows down a lot too

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
No whistle, but the car interior isnt as quiet as I expected from the reviews. Tires are loud and wind noise is loud ish. My RAM truck is quieter inside. I have a 3.3T sport, so tires are louder than on the non sports I'm sure.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
No whistle, but the car interior isnt as quiet as I expected from the reviews. Tires are loud and wind noise is loud ish. My RAM truck is quieter inside. I have a 3.3T sport, so tires are louder than on the non sports I'm sure.
Not in USA. All 3.3T RWD have the same 19" Michelin PS4 and the 2.0T Dynamic, Sport and 6MT have the same tires.
True, but double pane glass (like in the G80) would've been nice and quieted the cabin nicely. Reviewers definitely oversold the "quiet" part, but I'm fairly certain they were talking about engine/exhaust noise

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
True, but double pane glass (like in the G80) would've been nice and quieted the cabin nicely. Reviewers definitely oversold the "quiet" part, but I'm fairly certain they were talking about engine/exhaust noise
Agree with you in both statements. Double glass in my old 2016 Genesis made cabin really quiet.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Not in USA. All 3.3T RWD have the same 19" Michelin PS4 and the 2.0T Dynamic, Sport and 6MT have the same tires.
Not sure if that is true. In fact today I was cruising with a 3.3T all wheel drive with 18 inch wheels. Third G70 I've seen on the road. Maybe he replaced the wheels though because the configurator does list 19s even in the base model. Idk

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Not sure if that is true. In fact today I was cruising with a 3.3T all wheel drive with 18 inch wheels. Third G70 I've seen on the road. Maybe he replaced the wheels though because the configurator does list 19s even in the base model. Idk
In USA all 3.3T RWD have the same 19" Michelin PS4, the 2.0T Dynamic, Sport and 6MT have the same tires. All 3.3T AWD but the Sport have 18 " wheels with Michelin All-Season tires. Here you have the info.

Last edited:
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums