• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Wind noise

blizer

Hasn't posted much yet...
Virginia
Genesis G80. I have wind noise at the driver side door window. I took it to the dealership and they adjusted, not replaced, the window seal. It solved the problem for a day or 2. But, after a couple of days of use, the wind noise returned. I'll take it back in.

I note that there are several mentions of this on the Hyundai Genesis site.

I can offer one diagnostic tip. On my window, if I lowered the window just a bit, the wind noise would stop.

jsmit86

Registered Member
Elgin, IL
I had the same issue on my 2015 Genesis. I had the tech ride with me. He tried to adjust, but ended up ordering a replacing the driver's door seal. Once that was done, problem solved.

KLEANTRIX

Texas
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I had the same issue on my 2015 Genesis. I had the tech ride with me. He tried to adjust, but ended up ordering a replacing the driver's door seal. Once that was done, problem solved.
Has that noise come back since the replacement? Thanks in advance!

KLEANTRIX

Texas
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Genesis G80. I have wind noise at the driver side door window. I took it to the dealership and they adjusted, not replaced, the window seal. It solved the problem for a day or 2. But, after a couple of days of use, the wind noise returned. I'll take it back in.

I note that there are several mentions of this on the Hyundai Genesis site.

I can offer one diagnostic tip. On my window, if I lowered the window just a bit, the wind noise would stop.
Did you end up finding a solution for this issue? Thanks in advance also!

mgg

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I have the same issue with my new 2018 G80 Sport. I thought that this was a usual design issue. Should I take it back to the Dealer and get it checked?
My brother wears hearing aids which really enhance high frequencies. He has ridden in my car twice and both times mentioned that this is the only car he has ever ridden in or driven that he can't here any wind noise. So I would say it is not normal. I can hear the wind outside on a windy day but no wind noise.

Kmar

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I have a 2019 sport and have very bad wind noise
Dealer says it’s normal?

mgg

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I have a 2019 sport and have very bad wind noise
Dealer says it’s normal?
As I mentioned in my post. I can here the wine outside the car and it may be that the shape of the car makes it worse. However I do not hear any wind noise which is a high frequency leaking of wind into the car. If you are hearing the later you probably have a bad seal. All the doors on these cars are triple sealed so you should not hear the latter. If you are hearing the later maybe you need to see a different dealer.

Kmar

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
As I mentioned in my post. I can here the wine outside the car and it may be that the shape of the car makes it worse. However I do not hear any wind noise which is a high frequency leaking of wind into the car. If you are hearing the later you probably have a bad seal. All the doors on these cars are triple sealed so you should not hear the latter. If you are hearing the later maybe you need to see a different dealer.
Thank you

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums