Windshield wiper fluid

RonL

Registered Member
Memphis
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I've done searches here and am not finding anything specific. I went to use my windshield washer fluid and the motor ran, but nothing came out. I checked the reservoir today and it's bone dry. Guess Genesis doesn't top your fluids when you bring it in for service? One would think that when paying for an inspection they'd notice the empty washer container. Ahh, but I digress. Is there a specific brand of windshield wiper fluid recommended for these G90's? Thanks?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I've done searches here and am not finding anything specific. I went to use my windshield washer fluid and the motor ran, but nothing came out. I checked the reservoir today and it's bone dry. Guess Genesis doesn't top your fluids when you bring it in for service? One would think that when paying for an inspection they'd notice the empty washer container. Ahh, but I digress. Is there a specific brand of windshield wiper fluid recommended for these G90's? Thanks?
If you liver in cold territory the stuff that goes to -30 is good. In summer, some stuff is better for bugs. Just avoid the really cheap stuff.

jkgenny

Hasn't posted much yet...
Houston, TX
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I think they must skimp at the factory too or maybe the person who test drove it before me had fun squirting it all out??. I got a 2021 G90 in Feb an maybe used the fluid twice. I got a notification yesterday that the wiper fluid is low.

RonL

Registered Member
Memphis
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I think they must skimp at the factory too or maybe the person who test drove it before me had fun squirting it all out??. I got a 2021 G90 in Feb an maybe used the fluid twice. I got a notification yesterday that the wiper fluid is low.
I haven’t received any notification. I just tried it and nothing came out.

AllaTurca

Registered Member
British Columbia; Canada
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
There is supposed to be a "Low Washer Fluid" warning message displayed in "the service reminder mode ". This is described in the Owners Manual on page 3-75 in my 2019 Manual which may not be the same as yours but must be near there I guess.

RonL

Registered Member
Memphis
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
There is supposed to be a "Low Washer Fluid" warning message displayed in "the service reminder mode etc. This is described in the Owners Manual on page 3-75 in my 2019 Manual which may not be the same as yours but must be near there I guess.
Thanks. I’ve not seen any reminder at all. Is this something I have to set up? If not, then something may be wrong.

RonL

Registered Member
Memphis
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Bought some washer fluid. Only took a little before it was full. Looks like another issue with the car. I’m going to another dealer next week. The previous dealer took my money and did absolutely nothing that resembles an inspection. In addition to the bad smell & creaky steering, I’ll add non working windshield washer to the list. Glad I have 14 months of full warranty left. Just hope this new dealer gives a crap.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

ctrcbob

Been here awhile...
Mount Dora FL; Penfield NY; Roswell NM
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Living in Florida, dealers for all the brands I’ve had or have, fill the jug with water and perhaps a little soap. (Hey, it don’t freeze in Florida). I have a sign on the jug telling techs “DO NOT ADD WASHER FLUID”. I fill it myself.
I sometimes must drive to Western New York or to New Mexico in the winter and must use fluid that will not freeze. Very hard to find in Central Florida. once in a while I can find it locally but whenever i drive to one of the above cold areas, I bring back two or three gallons of the good stuff.
In a pinch, I’ve used a bottle of isopropyl alcohol added to the water in jug, but I siphon it out once I can get the real low temperature fluid because I’m afraid the alcohol may damage the washer pump.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Living in Florida, dealers for all the brands I’ve had or have, fill the jug with water and perhaps a little soap. (Hey, it don’t freeze in Florida). I have a sign on the jug telling techs “DO NOT ADD WASHER FLUID”. I fill it myself.
I sometimes must drive to Western New York or to New Mexico in the winter and must use fluid that will not freeze. Very hard to find in Central Florida. once in a while I can find it locally but whenever i drive to one of the above cold areas, I bring back two or three gallons of the good stuff.
In a pinch, I’ve used a bottle of isopropyl alcohol added to the water in jug, but I siphon it out once I can get the real low temperature fluid because I’m afraid the alcohol may damage the washer pump.
I'd not trust what the dealer puts in for freezing either. Auto Zone near me had a couple of low temperature solutions. Really makes sense as there are many snowbirds here that should use it.

RonL

Registered Member
Memphis
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I found the fight fluid. Now I just have to get the unit to work.

your center display should beep and display a message that fluid is low on g80, every time you start car!!! Maybe you have it turned off in settings? My recent loaner g70 was low, had to put fluid in quickly......the beep and display was annoying.

RonL

Registered Member
Memphis
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
your center display should beep and display a message that fluid is low on g80, every time you start car!!! Maybe you have it turned off in settings? My recent loaner g70 was low, had to put fluid in quickly......the beep and display was annoying.
Thanks for your reply. When I put fluid in the reserve, it only took a little. I’m guessing something is amiss with the wash system.

RonL

Registered Member
Memphis
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Windshield system is good. Hose was disconnected. My guess is the previous dealer unhooked it during the inspection and didn’t reconnect. Or, they did a lousy inspection. Either way, this new dealer found it immediately. Great news.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I absolutely love RAIN-X wiper blades and windshield fluid. YEAH, it's orange.
I've used that combo too with good results. Blades lasted too.

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Found this thread, but there seems to be a shortage of washer fluid. Went to AutoZone, they were sold out. Amazon is expensive... Rain-X is $20 a bottle! No way.

Stopped by Lowes and they only had two bottles left on a large, empty shelf. It's "Splash Weather Repel", had good ratings but I've never heard of it. Was trying to find Rain-X 2 in 1. It's orange, I prefer blue. Was about $3. Whatever...

RonL

Registered Member
Memphis
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Found this thread, but there seems to be a shortage of washer fluid. Went to AutoZone, they were sold out. Amazon is expensive... Rain-X is $20 a bottle! No way.

Stopped by Lowes and they only had two bottles left on a large, empty shelf. It's "Splash Weather Repel", had good ratings but I've never heard of it. Was trying to find Rain-X 2 in 1. It's orange, I prefer blue. Was about $3. Whatever...
Before I found out the dealer had disconnected the windshield washer tube, I bought that exact orange fluid at Lowe’s. While I prefer blue as well, it’s fine with me.

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Before I found out the dealer had disconnected the windshield washer tube, I bought that exact orange fluid at Lowe’s. While I prefer blue as well, it’s fine with me.
Thanks for the feedback.

That OEM blue fluid that came with the car really smells good. I wonder if they sell it at the Genesis parts department.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners