• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Winter Tire Packages in Toronto

uncle_fester

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hey can anyone share a good deal for winter tires and rims for the 2019 G70 3.3 Sport AWD? I am looking to spend 1200$ max and I do not mind even the cheap Chinese tires.

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ yeah, tough to get a great deal this time of year. very little leverage. $1200 CAD max may get something used off a marketplace forum, etc, but you won't find anything new. the OE Genesis packages come to ~$2200-$2500 including taxes, so if you luck out you may find something used from a G70/G80 or perhaps a Stinger. Toronto is a decent sized market.

worst case you'd have to piece together aftermarket rims and used tires for a set. whether or not they come with TPMS remains to be seen.

that's how i justified the OE set. to build my own set with new rims/tires/install & balance/TPMS/caps/home delivery was not possible for less than the OE set i bought. a Nitro fill was an added bonus! i've seen some shady dealers/shops upcharge huge amounts for Nitro.

good luck!

Last edited:

Truck Norris

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hey can anyone share a good deal for winter tires and rims for the 2019 G70 3.3 Sport AWD? I am looking to spend 1200$ max and I do not mind even the cheap Chinese tires.
Please don't buy any set of wheels/tires that are $1200 total new. Just... No....

If you can afford the car, value your life and the lives of others, you need better.

I bought an inexpensive set of rims from Canadawheels.ca and with hubcentric rings & nuts I was still into $750 CAD taxes in, and that is dirt cheap from what i'm seen. Tires (Michelin PA4's) were about $1100 CAD taxes extra but there are cheaper options there. You may be able to hit the $1500 taxes extra mark new, but I wouldn't use price as your sole deciding factor here. If it is your sole deciding factor you are in the wrong car/market.

JeremyTD

Registered Member
Indianapolis
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If you’re looking for inexpensive tires I’ve been pleased with Riken tires which are owned by Michelin. I use their summers on my Sportwagen and have been pleased. They’re no Michelin Sports but they cost less than half as much. That said, I’ve not tried any of their winters but I would.

Last edited:

jchee

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The tires are going to cost you more than the wheels. According to my research:
1. Michelin X-Ice3 225-45-18 is about $260 each
2. TPMS sensors is about $50 each
3. Opti S507 18 x 8 $150-200 each
RTX Envy 18 x 8 $170 each
Fast FC04 18 x 8 $200 each
These rims look much better than what Genesis offers.
I guess you could always put on steel rims, but I wouldn't recommend that either.
Total cost will come out to about CAD$2100-2300.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums