Winter Tires for G80 3.3 AWD

nickcessna1

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
So I have a 2018 G80 Sport 3.3t AWD. The factory wheels are 19"x8.5" front (245/40/19) and 19"x9" rear (275/35/19). I'm having a very difficult time finding snow tires in these sizes and I'm a little naive on tires to know what other sizes I could fit. Someone told me I should be able to put the same size that's on the front also on the rear. Can anyone confirm this or have recommendations?

BadTrainDriver

Registered Member
Powell, OH
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So I have a 2018 G80 Sport 3.3t AWD. The factory wheels are 19"x8.5" front (245/40/19) and 19"x9" rear (275/35/19). I'm having a very difficult time finding snow tires in these sizes and I'm a little naive on tires to know what other sizes I could fit. Someone told me I should be able to put the same size that's on the front also on the rear. Can anyone confirm this or have recommendations?

Tire Rack.
Put your exact model in the search, it'll tell you what fits.
I highly doubt it's a good idea to run the same size all around with staggered wheels.

You could do a square wheel tire combo.

nickcessna1

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Tire Rack.
Put your exact model in the search, it'll tell you what fits.
I highly doubt it's a good idea to run the same size all around with staggered wheels.

You could do a square wheel tire combo.
I looked into getting some steelies and tires just for winter but someone made me nervous about the wheel width being to small for the vehicles weight but idk.

BadTrainDriver

Registered Member
Powell, OH
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I looked into getting some steelies and tires just for winter but someone made me nervous about the wheel width being to small for the vehicles weight but idk.

Initially I thought you'd want to "minus size" down to a square 18", and you can, but Tire Rack only lists one wheel in that size, and it's expensive. There are many options to choose from in the 19" square setup. Just look around on that sight, and even call them if you have questions. They are amazing to work with, and if they say it will fit, it will. Right down to the proper lug nuts and TPMS.

I'd do the 18" square setup if it was me.

Acpantera

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Living in western NY I have found the all season tires are more than adequate with the AWD on my G80sport.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums