• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Winter Tires without TPMS Sensors

Brandon

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hi All,

I am planning on running my winter tires without TPMS sensors on my 2019 G70 Sport AWD. Does anyone know if this will cause any issues (besides an annoying dashboard light)?

Thanks,
Brandon

bdylan66

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hi All,

I am planning on running my winter tires without TPMS sensors on my 2019 G70 Sport AWD. Does anyone know if this will cause any issues (besides an annoying dashboard light)?

Thanks,
Brandon
I am wondering the same thing. Has anyone done this?

G-619095

I’ve been running this configuration for 2 weeks now without any issues except the annoying light.

DSXMachina

Just passing through.
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Nashua NH
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)

Brandon

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've been running in this configuration for 2 weeks without issues (except the TPMS light). I guess the real test will be when the snow hits. But I do recall one of the Genesis Dealers saying all that happens is the light.

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ what else would happen? the only fault that having no TPMS would cause is to trigger the dash light. no limp mode or anything else. maybe that was the original question of the thread.

plenty of guys go with no TPMS on one of their wheel sets, however i'd say the majority grab a 2nd set of TPMS to avoid the dash light and maintain functionality. on my previous G37S i kept the TPMS on my winter set but didn't bother on my summer set. my rationale, besides saving the money/hassle of installing new TPMS, was that i'd rather be forewarned on a winter trip so i wasn't dealing with tire changes on a winter roadside.

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have no idea why it would be worth seeing the light on all the time and having no idea what your tire pressure is just to save ~$100. If that really makes a difference to anyone they probably spent too much money on their car.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

genericgenesis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Given how inexpensive the OEM versions are on ebay - $109.20 delivered for the set I bought - just makes sense to install them.
Depends where you install them. Most of the places I called only place TPMS sensors they purchase; that adds up to be 100-120 (depending on the ship)/wheel. 500 for no light is too much for me to give someone.

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Depends where you install them. Most of the places I called only place TPMS sensors they purchase; that adds up to be 100-120 (depending on the ship)/wheel. 500 for no light is too much for me to give someone.
That's crazy, if they only install TPMS supplied by them I assume they do the same with tires. Where do you live? I have 5 tire shops at less than 2 miles from my house and all of them will install ANY tire with ANY TPMS If I request to do it. Even the dealer will do it if you supply them with the proper TPMS.

Last edited:

TO Genesis

Hasn't posted much yet...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That's crazy, if they only install TPMS supplied by them I assume they do the same with tires. Where do you live? I have 5 tire shops at less than 2 miles from my house and all of them will install ANY tire with ANY TPMS If I request to do it. Even the dealer will do it you supply them with the proper TPMS.
Especially for the OEM versions, which are like fancy Schrader valves.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums