• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Winter wheel & tire packages?

K-Rock

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Are they running 225's all around for winter on a Sport vs. the 255 rears?

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ that's just it though - what is the price of the 10-spokers? any insight? i don't believe any of the G70 OEM wheels are forged so they shouldn't be too costly since casting is much cheaper.

i agree, i would far prefer the 10-spoke rims on the RWD Sport i am considering. the 10-spoke wheels were on the Sport at the local auto show and were on the Genesis Canada website when i pre-ordered and until recently when everything changed to the dark 5-spokers.

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If I were you, I'd use those OEM 5 spoke wheels as a winter package, they are ugly, imho. 10 spoke are much nicer, but for the price of them, I'd get some nice aftermarket wheels.
The problem with that though is that 19" staggered wheels/tires are far from ideal in the winter. I personally want a square set up with studded Nokian's. The extra sidewall from 18's also help on with the rough roads in the winter. :)

BTW, great looking wheels on your G80!

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

GenesisYEG

Been here awhile...
Edmonton, Alberta
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Are there going to be any other options? I don't really like the look of those wheels. Price isn't bad for OEM though.

Actually are those wheels going to be on display at the Genesis store? Maybe they look better in person...
Only OEM option I believe but my parts department would probably be able to source some different ones that will fit the G70 Sport.

I don't have a set at the store but perhaps I will order some to put on display at the store!

Are they running 225's all around for winter on a Sport vs. the 255 rears?
225 on corners for the winters.

question for Genesis YEG: is there a Genesis OEM parts website up yet? i'm curious what pricing is for OEM accessories & parts like the 10-spoke wheels.
Don't think there is a website yet but I will check for you!

KDX

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I would be interested in getting the OEM 10 spoke rims that are used on the Sport model in the other markets and using the 5 spoke rims for the winter. Providing the cost was not ridiculous.

Buckdes

Getting familiar with the group...
Its funny how opinions vary.. Before the release of the G70 there were 2 reveals of the car

Korea- had 10 spoke
Dubai - had 5 spoke

I told my Genesis rep that if Canada has the 10 spoke on the top trim i will not get the car... worked out for me though as I think the 5 spoke wheels make this car, its probably the most complimented thing people say to me besides the front end.. lol

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
To be quite honest...the car should have an option of about 3 rims. Some you pay more for, etc. All other luxury brands do this.

Although I love the 5 spokers...there should be options. There is more than one color...right?

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Its funny how opinions vary.. Before the release of the G70 there were 2 reveals of the car

Korea- had 10 spoke
Dubai - had 5 spoke

I told my Genesis rep that if Canada has the 10 spoke on the top trim i will not get the car... worked out for me though as I think the 5 spoke wheels make this car, its probably the most complimented thing people say to me besides the front end.. lol
^ also, many of the initial CDN market auto show circuit Sport models were wearing the 10-spokers. those wheels were the first thing to catch my eye when i say the G70 at the Vancity auto show (the grille was 2nd). and the floor model was a Sport trim with red Brembos.

to support the auto show viewing, the Genesis.ca configurator also showed the 10-spokers for Sport trims until after the pre-order date. so betwen the reveal floor models and the website the expectation was certainly set for the 10-spoke design. the first time i saw the 5 spoke style was early photos after initial deliveries, or pictures by the dealers/agents on this forum. not a great way to find this out.

IMO, the machined 10-spoke style is a far better match for many of the Sport trim vehicle colours, but the 5-spokers may work well on a couple colours (still not my taste).

bottom line is wheels/colours are subjective to taste, and i agree we should have some small amount of customization available to us. we are 'allowed' to pick the interior stitching after all, and it is common to have options for wheels - some no-cost options just for different paint colours etc.

KDX

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Korea- had 10 spoke
Dubai - had 5 spoke

I've found that younger people prefer dark colored rims more so than older folk.

KDX

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ also, many of the initial CDN market auto show circuit Sport models were wearing the 10-spokers. those wheels were the first thing to catch my eye when i say the G70 at the Vancity auto show (the grille was 2nd). and the floor model was a Sport trim with red Brembos.

to support the auto show viewing, the Genesis.ca configurator also showed the 10-spokers for Sport trims until after the pre-order date. so betwen the reveal floor models and the website the expectation was certainly set for the 10-spoke design. the first time i saw the 5 spoke style was early photos after initial deliveries, or pictures by the dealers/agents on this forum. not a great way to find this out.

IMO, the machined 10-spoke style is a far better match for many of the Sport trim vehicle colours, but the 5-spokers may work well on a couple colours (still not my taste).

bottom line is wheels/colours are subjective to taste, and i agree we should have some small amount of customization available to us. we are 'allowed' to pick the interior stitching after all, and it is common to have options for wheels - some no-cost options just for different paint colours etc.
Many good points. In some of the other markets you see the Brembo brakes painted silver. With Siberian Ice and Santiago Silver you only get red stitching if I remember right. Personally I think the 10 spoke rims look classier.

KDX

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I was bored and went on the Tire Rack website, chose the G80, put some rims on it and then cut and pasted them onto a G70. A poor job of picture editing as it's not my thing, but people will get an idea of what they can do at home until the website has the G70 as an option.

Afehr

Registered Member
Calgary, AB
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've been doing the same thing for a couple of weeks now. Autoaddictions.com let's you upload your own photo - works best with a 3/4 view. I'm not a big fan of the rims on my 3.3T Dynamic so figured they'd make for a good winter set...

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums