wireless charging pad, meh

lenR

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
just got my 2021 G70 3.3
Finding that 9 times out of 10 the wireless charging pad fails to make a connection with my phone (samsung galaxy), and even when it does, the rate of charge is so slow that the phone actually loses power. I've tried taking the phone out of its case, but that does not improve the situation. Anyone else have a similar experience?

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What Galaxy model do you have? I have a Galaxy S10 and have never failed to make a connection with the wireless charging pad, even with a case on. I suspect there might be an issue with the charging pad in your car that requires the dealer to look at.

lenR

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What Galaxy model do you have? I have a Galaxy S10 and have never failed to make a connection with the wireless charging pad, even with a case on. I suspect there might be an issue with the charging pad in your car that requires the dealer to look at.
It's a Galaxy S8. 2 years old, but doesnt have trouble connecting with other wireless chargers.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
the one in G80 sucks ass, it over heats my iphone XS all the time and drains more than it charges.

MrMegadeth

Registered Member
Houston, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
G70 with a galaxy s10e.... Works ok. No issues with alignment just a slow charge.

Do you guys have fast wireless on?

CVODON

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Mine works similar to the one in the house that came with the phone. My phone does have a rubber case and it seems to have no effect on the rate of charge or connection. Works very fast. Fully satisfied.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums