WTB: Coilovers - 1gen sedan 3.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambush

Registered Member
Carolinas
Hello

I am trying to mod on a budget. I am looking for a gently used set of coilovers for my 2012 3.8 Sedan. If it means anything, I drive 500 miles a week (HWY) for work so I would like a nice similar OEM ride since I will be on my stock 18s for a min. Please let me know what you have at a reasonable shipped price.

Thanks in Advance!

Ambush :)

Ambush

Registered Member
Carolinas
Re: WTB: Coilovers - 1Genesis Sedan 3.8

Hey I saw some on here that I missed were under $500. That is ideal for a set of used and functional set for me. I hope I am not being too unreasonable.

Thank you for the link davidgordonner

Ambush

Registered Member
Carolinas
Nothing so far...

Ambush

Registered Member
Carolinas
Crazy question, will the COUPE coils work with the sedans? Please excuse my ignorance as I dont know..

Thanks!!

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Re: WTB: Coilovers - 1Genesis Sedan 3.8

Crazy question, will the COUPE coils work with the sedans? Please excuse my ignorance as I dont know..

Thanks!!
No. Despite the same name (Genesis) they are two different cars. The Genesis Coupe will not be sold by the new Genesis Motors.

Ambush

Registered Member
Carolinas
Quick little note:
Found a guy selling BC Coils for $975 shipped. He says he gets them directly from BC. They make Megan too right? I asked him about Megan but he said he cant get them.
Is that a GOOD price or should I stick with a KNOWN dealer for a better price?

Ambush

Registered Member
Carolinas
2017 bump

Ambush

Registered Member
Carolinas
End of the month bump

wishihadaprada

Hasn't posted much yet...
only had my genesis sedan about a week now, but ive built a few race cars and i built a static (coilovers not air) stanced car that i still have (mk4 jetta wagon). i can tell you that bc's are the best choice if you want to get low but they are stiff, not oem ride at all. the cheaper the coils the more likely to be of low quality, bumpy, not beneficial other than aesthetics. so tho you might find some 500 dollar coils, theyll ride that cheap too. and you commute like i do (i do about 600 a week) so for me im going to just ride the stock suspension until i have the money for the quality parts, im going air ride with this boat just because its so comfortable

Ambush

Registered Member
Carolinas
only had my genesis sedan about a week now, but ive built a few race cars and i built a static (coilovers not air) stanced car that i still have (mk4 jetta wagon). i can tell you that bc's are the best choice if you want to get low but they are stiff, not oem ride at all. the cheaper the coils the more likely to be of low quality, bumpy, not beneficial other than aesthetics. so tho you might find some 500 dollar coils, theyll ride that cheap too. and you commute like i do (i do about 600 a week) so for me im going to just ride the stock suspension until i have the money for the quality parts, im going air ride with this boat just because its so comfortable

Well I never knew that about BC. I assumed BC you were just paying for the name. Well I will take the Megan's out of my ebay shopping cart. Man, yes 500 miles a week here. I need the look + comfort + but not the price of AIR.

I will keep looking. Thanks for the advice.

Ambush

Registered Member
Carolinas
@wishihaprada
I think my wish has come true. I have found a set of BCs. I think i want to take the chance. Riding on AIR is the ULTIMATE choice for me but to stance her on a budget with at Least BCs is good I think.

Again thank you for the great advice!

xiaphin

KDModerator
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
@wishihaprada
I think my wish has come true. I have found a set of BCs. I think i want to take the chance. Riding on AIR is the ULTIMATE choice for me but to stance her on a budget with at Least BCs is good I think.

Again thank you for the great advice!

Did you find what you wanted to buy? If so I'm going to close this thread.

Rloyola0426

Registered Member
Chino, CA
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Since this thread is about coilovers and somebody mentioned Megans, can I ask what everyone's perception of Megan is? I'd rather not start a whole new thread.

Megans are cheap, yes. But I have a 2015, and for the DH they are the only coilover option. I'm already dropped on ARK springs but am interested in going the coilover route instead. Would it be worth it to switch to the Megans, or should I just stay on the ARKs? I do t like that my stock shock is son compressed and has almost no travel, making my ride stiff and bouncy.

Ambush

Registered Member
Carolinas
Since this thread is about coilovers and somebody mentioned Megans, can I ask what everyone's perception of Megan is? I'd rather not start a whole new thread.

Megans are cheap, yes. But I have a 2015, and for the DH they are the only coilover option. I'm already dropped on ARK springs but am interested in going the coilover route instead. Would it be worth it to switch to the Megans, or should I just stay on the ARKs? I do t like that my stock shock is son compressed and has almost no travel, making my ride stiff and bouncy.

I m no PRO --- ARK for the win....

- - - Updated - - -

Did you find what you wanted to buy? If so I'm going to close this thread.

YES!
please close. GOT THEM from someone really familiar to the boards.

Thanks

Ambush

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums