XPEL Paint Protectant Film/Clear bra

Branders98

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Has anyone tried this to protect their car against rock chips and scratches? Wondering if it is worth the investment. Have an Adriatic Blue exterior so those things will show.

FLtime

Registered Member
Polk County Florida
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Has anyone tried this to protect their car against rock chips and scratches? Wondering if it is worth the investment. Have an Adriatic Blue exterior so those things will show.
I did this on my 2006 Acura TL, and it was well worth it!! I would definitely recommend......especially if you're not leasing, and looking to have the vehicle for a while.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

TBickell

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Highly recommended if your not leasing and plan on keeping the car for a long time.

Branders98

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Thanks all. I am planning to keep it a while. The dealer charged me $499 for 3M paint and fabric protectant (this was already applied) but mentioned it only lasts about 6 months. I keep thinking about that protectant every dealer tries to sell you. I see that 3M makes a clear bra but I dont think that’s what they put on. Has anyone heard of this? I’m going to ask the dealer whether a warranty comes with it.

Ernie3647

Been here awhile...
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Middletown NY
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80

mnfats95

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I had the front of mine done up to the front doors, A pillars, Mirrors, and about 16 inches on the roof. First vehicle I've ever done it to but so far so good. Also did the ceramic coating on the whole thing, we are in the monsoon season here in AZ right now and I'm pretty impressed at the water beading off of the ceramic.

I don't know if this will change by the time you have yours done, but the guy who did mine said that there were no kits available yet for the GV70 so he had to do a bulk purchase/install. Basically from what I can tell this means that instead of having the pieces cut out by a machine and then placed on the vehicle they put sheets to cover the panels and then cut manually to fit.

This was pricier than the kit because there was waste etc...

Time will tell whether or not it was worth it I guess, but I have never had cars get so damaged by chips until I moved to AZ so hopefully this will help.

TBickell

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I'm a big believer in the film on the front end. I put it on a 2011 Tundra that I had for 9 years and was driven mostly in Montana, Arizona and points in between and it totally protected the front end. It looked new when I sold it.

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
my G80 started to develop a small 2" dia paint peel on the front bra area. It looks to me like a film. Dealer thinks it's the paint peeling. It looks like if I pulled at it, it would peel off. Warranty is 3/36 so I'm SOL. Does Genesis apply a clear coat like XPEL or do you think it could have been added after market.

ouelley

Ste Adèle Qc
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Me too, I did this on my 2017 Lexus, and it was well worth it!! I would definitely recommend but i wrote to XPel and it’s not available for now.

Jargen

Registered Member
Cincinnati, Ohio
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I'm getting my full front and mirrors done in XPEL film later this month (along with tint and ceramic coating). Hoping their template from XPEL gets finalized before that, otherwise I don't know.

jeb5138

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I'm getting my full front and mirrors done in XPEL film later this month (along with tint and ceramic coating). Hoping their template from XPEL gets finalized before that, otherwise I don't know.
Just saw a b c d pillars are available to order online from xpel (likely due to being same on all models) which hopefully means full kits will be available soon as means they least have models in hand

Jargen

Registered Member
Cincinnati, Ohio
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Just saw a b c d pillars are available to order online from xpel (likely due to being same on all models) which hopefully means full kits will be available soon as means they least have models in hand
I thought about getting a pillars done too, but I don't want a seam to be visible.

jeb5138

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I thought about getting a pillars done too, but I don't want a seam to be visible.
They just released A pillar and roof line combo

Attachments

• EC6F3E4C-30B3-46C4-BEEC-38B4863660C2.png
    EC6F3E4C-30B3-46C4-BEEC-38B4863660C2.png
    447.1 KB · Views: 7

mnfats95

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Mine was done without the kit, the installer did what he called a "bulk" install. It was more expensive since there was no kit. I assume that means there is more waste.

jeb5138

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Mine was done without the kit, the installer did what he called a "bulk" install. It was more expensive since there was no kit. I assume that means there is more waste.
Yep was option but significantly more expensive than pre cut and would take a lot more time for installer to do( he’s not big fan of bulk install for obvious reasons) so I’m fine with waiting until kit is available and pay less

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners