XPEL Paint Protectant Film/Clear bra

TBickell

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I wish I could put paint protection film on this windshield which seems to be made of sugar glass. I've already got 2 or 3 small chips in 2000 miles. Every little fragment of a rock dings this glass and this is with the $400 "Crystal Fusion" protection the dealer added on. I have full coverage insurance wise on the glass but I will wait until it's really bad before I have it replaced as that is a big job with all the electronics involved and getting it correct and a factory seal will be a crap shoot.

Jargen

Registered Member
Cincinnati, Ohio
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
My installer mentioned possibly having to do a bulk install too, but at least he isn't changing the price for it if so. I'm already getting a decent discount cause they are tinting and ceramic coating the car at the same time. My appointment is not for another 2 weeks so maybe there will be more out by then.

jeb5138

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
My installer mentioned possibly having to do a bulk install too, but at least he isn't changing the price for it if so. I'm already getting a decent discount cause they are tinting and ceramic coating the car at the same time. My appointment is not for another 2 weeks so maybe there will be more out by then.
Yeah hope so looks like xpel only has access to 2.5 which has full kit available online so who knows when they’ll get a 3.5 to put full kit online with different front end

ottawa

Registered Member
Ottawa ON
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Ballpark what does it cost to do a vehicle with one of these? Thanks.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

jeb5138

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
What does a "Full-Kit" consist of?
Typically bumpers pillars hood fenders mirrors rockers headlamp roof line and they now a days have an interior kit too for screens and high gloss areas to minimize finger prints which is nice

LQQK

Just The Basic Facts
Typically bumpers pillars hood fenders mirrors rockers headlamp roof line and they now a days have an interior kit too for screens and high gloss areas to minimize finger prints which is nice

I’m guessing they have solved the yellowing that was associated with film back in the early days. I’ve always been hesitant to slap anything other than wax on my vehicles. But for some reason the paint on these vehicles seems to be softer or maybe it’s more fragile/brittle and susceptible to chipping??

I may have to start researching this. I thought 3M was the major player in film product’s, is XPEL made by them?

mnfats95

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I’m guessing they have solved the yellowing that was associated with film back in the early days. I’ve always been hesitant to slap anything other than wax on my vehicles. But for some reason the paint on these vehicles seems to be softer or maybe it’s more fragile/brittle and susceptible to chipping??

I may have to start researching this. I thought 3M was the major player in film product’s, is XPEL made by them?
The warranty specifically covers any discoloration.

I don't think that means that it can't happen, but if it does it's supposedly covered.

m0pher

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Has anyone tried this to protect their car against rock chips and scratches? Wondering if it is worth the investment. Have an Adriatic Blue exterior so those things will show.
Complete waste of money. Watch the long-term durability tests on YouTube. Scott HD does good ones.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners