Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Post your custom wheels
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    Tim Sly is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan
    I live in Wadena, MN

Default Re: Post your custom wheels

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by 2black View Post
    Thanks there is definitely an issue with the front calipers on our cars extending too far out for radical wheels without spacers or shaving. But if you nip a little off they fit just fine and I have seen no issue with caliper performance or failure and I am right at 77,000 miles
    Did you nip off some of the calipers by grinding the excess off?

xiaphin is offline KDModerator
    What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in NC

Default Re: Need help - custom wheels donít fit!

Quote Originally Posted by Aquineas View Post
    I don't blame you for your frustration: I would be frustrated too! There are spacers you can get- I don't know offhand what the sizes are, but it's findable. I'd be a little concerned that the vendor:

1. Told you the wheel would fit if it didn't- did you order it at the correct offset?
    2. Didn't talk with you about or offer spacers
    Proper selection of wheels shouldn't require spacers. Your wheels may have had the right offset but not eough clearance from the inside face of the wheel to the caliper based on the style. Backspacing dictates the distance from the hub to the inside edge of your wheel. Offset is from the hub to the centerline of your wheels. Take a look around the information is out there so you can select the proper wheels for your car. Image below for reference.

wheel-offset.jpg
    Debadged - 3000K HIDs - KDM Airbag - Black Chrome Rear Wing - LED Scuff Plates - SS Dynamic Edition Accel Pedal - Aluminum Brake Pedal - Coupe Metal Dead Pedal
    Suntek HP Bronze 40% Tint - Orafol 8300 Light Grey Tinted Heads and Tails - Avery SW900 Brushed Steel Wrapped Roof
    Junction Produce Beige Curtains - VipdOut Beige Neckpads
    09' SCC Grille w/Camera - Prada Side Engine Covers
    Air Force Suspension Bags
    Accuair e-Level Management - Dual 400s - 5 Gal Tank - Exo Mounts - Copper Hardlines - SS Fittings - Zaetec Digital Pressure Gauge - i-Level
    Infinitewerks LS01
    Front - 20x10+18 Rear - 20x10.5+28
    Liquid Bronze Face - Brushed Smoked Lead Lips and Centers w/logo Machined - 24k Gold Hardware
    Yokohama S.drive 245/35/20 All Around
    --------------
    IG - @pharrlower
    Discogs - xiaphin

Aquineas is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 Ultimate
    I live in Georgetown, TX

Default Re: Need help - custom wheels donít fit!

Quote Originally Posted by xiaphin View Post
    Proper selection of wheels shouldn't require spacers. Your wheels may have had the right offset but not eough clearance from the inside face of the wheel to the caliper based on the style. Backspacing dictates the distance from the hub to the inside edge of your wheel. Offset is from the hub to the centerline of your wheels. Take a look around the information is out there so you can select the proper wheels for your car. Image below for reference.

wheel-offset.jpg
    Good info!
    Genesis Mods:
    Lowering Springs
    20" TSW Amaroo Wheels
    2x12 Subwoofer
    Stoptech Rotors + Pads
    KDM Headlights
    Rigid Subframe Collar

I live in Wadena, MN

Installed TSW Cadwell 18" Wheels, 1.5" hub centric spacers, painted the calipers Burnt Copper with the Genesis Logo. Got the Genesis caliper logo on Etsy.com
    The tires stick out about 1.25" from the fender but I think the wide stance looks aggressive.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2015 Manhattan Brown 3.8 Ultimate
    TSW Cadwell 18" Wheels
    1.5" Hub Centric Spacers
    Burnt Copper painted calipers with Genesis logo

Dai Uy Ted is offline Registered Member What I drive: '17 G80 Ultimate 5.0
    I live in Titusville FL

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Sly View Post
    Installed TSW Cadwell 18" Wheels, 1.5" hub centric spacers, painted the calipers Burnt Copper with the Genesis Logo. Got the Genesis caliper logo on Etsy.com
    The tires stick out about 1.25" from the fender but I think the wide stance looks aggressive.
    Extremely nice!
    - Ted

Don't take yourself so seriously.
    No one else does.

I live in Wadena, MN

Did you nip off some of the calipers by grinding the excess off?
    No, just adding the 1.5" hub centric spacers gave enough clearance from the calipers in front.

I live in Wadena, MN

Default New TSW Wheels and painted calipers

trying to figure out how to post pictures in larger format because thumbnails don't work on mobile devices.

https://img3.uploadhouse.com/fileupl...e4773fe46a.jpg

dareckibmw is online now Supporting Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8 Sedan
    I live in Romeoville, IL

Default Re: New TSW Wheels and painted calipers

trying to figure out how to post pictures in larger format because thumbnails don't work on mobile devices.
    I made a short video clip last year of how to add, edit and post a picture on forum. You can drag and drop multiple pictures on their website, edit/resize each one (don't forget to hit "save" each picture, after you edit it) https://imgur.com/

Important! don't use bigger pictures then ~1200 in length. There are no official rules on how big the pictures can be, but imagine just me, posting here a single picture 7360x4912 out of my D810 it would make the forum unresponsive a little

I hope it helps

2015 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 V8 Empire State Gray (fastest color ever)
    2016 Hyundai Veloster 1.6L Turbo (Daughter's car)
    2017 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.3L AWD Ultimate (Wife's car)
    2013 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Titanium Gray Metallic (fastest color Rspec) (sold)
    1999 BMW 540i/6 (sold)

I live in Wadena, MN

Default New TSW Wheels and painted calipers- bigger pics

Got it - here are larger pictures:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dareckibmw View Post
    I made a short video clip last year of how to add, edit and post a picture on forum. You can drag and drop multiple pictures on their website, edit/resize each one (don't forget to hit "save" each picture, after you edit it) https://imgur.com/

Important! don't use bigger pictures then ~1200 in length. There are no official rules on how big the pictures can be, but imagine just me, posting here a single picture 7360x4912 out of my D810 it would make the forum unresponsive a little

I hope it helps
    Thanks man! I tried Google Drive, Amazon photos, and finally found uploadhouse.com to make it work. I saved them as 640x480.
    Yours looks easier!

lykbutta is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by verwey83 View Post
    20" before and after dropAttachment 12439Attachment 12440
    If you donít mind me asking what springs are you using. Iím about to lower my 2015 and donít want to go as low as I had the GTS arks on my 2013.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122