Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Price Paid For 2015 Genesis
Page 3 of 144 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Seattle Genesis is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis V6 3.3T AWD
    I live in Seattle / Renton, WA

Default Re: Price Paid For 2015 Genesis

Members don't see this ad
    I emailed Hyundai Circle about discounts on the 2015 Genesis....

Hi,
    The new 2015 Genesis will have high standards in terms of consumer interest and demand. In review of the first launch inventory and due to anticipated high demand, it’s highly unlikely that the availability situation will change over the next few months.
    At this point in time, the 2015 Genesis is not eligible for Hyundai Circle sales. We’ll revisit Genesis inclusion in upcoming months. Based on the inventory levels at that time, we will determine if it can be added. Please be patient and we will try to include the 2015 Genesis to Hyundai Circle program as soon as possible.
    Thanks.
    Seattle Genesis

2017 - White/Ivory Genesis G90 V6 AWD 3.3T Premium & 2012 Black/TwoTone Beige Jaguar XJL V8 Turbo

2015 - Black/Black Genesis V8 Ultimate
    2012 - Black/Black Genesis V8 R-spec
    2009 - Titanium/Black Genesis V6

BPSCG is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Alexandria, VA

Quote Originally Posted by bmbutler View Post
    Their value drops like a 20,000 pound weight and I for one am sick of it.
    /nit
    You understand that a 20,000-pound weight drops no faster than a 5-pound one, right?

Galileo and all that...
    /pick
    1969 Renault 10
    1976 Chevy Vega Hatchback
    1979 Datsun 210
    1984 Dodge Omni
    1990 Dodge Shadow
    1997 Hyundai Tiburon
    2007 Ford Taurus SE
    2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited
    2014 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Sedan

Science is the process of crash testing ideas; the scientist does not coddle an idea, or design tests to make it work. The scientist rams the idea into a brick wall head-on at 60 mph, and knowledge is gained by examining the pieces. If the theory is solid, the pieces are from the wall.

dach2k3 is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)

I am definitely considering a new Genesis but I can't see myself paying MSRP on a car that will have some discounts later on in the year. If I could get the car I want a little under invoice I would pull the trigger, but am not holding my breath that I can get that any time soon. I might give it a try once inventories build up some.

Alwaysforward is offline Supporting Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8 Ultimate
    I live in South Florida - Treasure Coast

Ditto ^
    Now part of the Genesis family as of September 23rd, 2014...
    Current Vehicles:
    • 2015 Hyundai Genesis - 5.0 Ultimate - Montecito Blue (The fastest color) /Beige Interior - Build Date July 8th, 2014
    • 2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited with Ultimate Package
    • 1998 Honda Civic LX

Favorite Past Vehicles:
    • 2005 F250 Supercrew 4X4 with a Triton V10
    • 2002 Honda Civic SI
    • 1999 Ford Taurus SHO
    • 1995 Ford 150 Lightining
    • 1991 Ford Thunderbird
    • 1985 Buick Limited Regal
    • 1971 Buick Skylark

Mark_888 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by BPSCG View Post
    /nit
    You understand that a 20,000-pound weight drops no faster than a 5-pound one, right?

Galileo and all that...
    /pick
    I thought it was Newton, but maybe I am wrong?

BPSCG is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Alexandria, VA

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_888 View Post
    I thought it was Newton, but maybe I am wrong?
    Nope. It was Galileo, arguably the world's first physicist.

YEH is offline Registered Member What I drive: In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in NYC/MD

This should be an interesting thread.

Quote Originally Posted by rrobbins View Post
    I am trading in a 2009 Genesis. They gave me $12,960 for it. They are also giving me three years of valet service which I thought was nice. They will not swap out the flying H on the rear with wings. I need to get that done.
    Quote Originally Posted by rrobbins View Post
    They went to autotrader.com, entered the information on my car and their offer is what the dealer offered. I think it was fair. I hope.
    How many miles was on your Genesis and what trim?

On Autotrader, most '09MY 3.8 models were going for $18-22k, about the same as the '09MY M37 (if not a little higher).

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Genesis View Post
    I emailed Hyundai Circle about discounts on the 2015 Genesis....

Hi,
    The new 2015 Genesis will have high standards in terms of consumer interest and demand. In review of the first launch inventory and due to anticipated high demand, it’s highly unlikely that the availability situation will change over the next few months.
    At this point in time, the 2015 Genesis is not eligible for Hyundai Circle sales. We’ll revisit Genesis inclusion in upcoming months. Based on the inventory levels at that time, we will determine if it can be added. Please be patient and we will try to include the 2015 Genesis to Hyundai Circle program as soon as possible.
    Thanks.
    The thing is, the longer the ATP for the 2G Genesis remains closer to MSRP than to invoice price, the better it will be for residual value.

Every generation of Hyundai lineups have seen increased residual value as transaction prices have gone up and for certain models like the Santa Fe Sport, Elantra and Accent - are at or among the top for their segments.

And a great design can go a long way - KBB places the Optima 2nd after the Accord.
    Last edited by YEH; 05-15-2014 at 07:27 PM.

Albuquerque Genny is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8
    I live in Albuquerque NM

Picked mine up today. Traded in my 2011 3.8 with tech package for a 2015 5.0 Unlimited.

$55,700 MSRP
    $1,000 Customer loyalty
    $4,000 trade in

Dealer agreed to tint and rebadge for me
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Albuquerque Genny View Post
    Picked mine up today. Traded in my 2011 3.8 with tech package for a 2015 5.0 Unlimited.

$55,700 MSRP
    $1,000 Customer loyalty
    $4,000 trade in

Dealer agreed to tint and rebadge for me
    Hopefully, you got an Ultimate, not Unlimited.

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by YEH View Post
    On Autotrader, most '09MY 3.8 models were going for $18-22k, about the same as the '09MY M37 (if not a little higher).
    Isn't that the average retail price? A trade-in is wholesale. Where is that Tommy guy, he can explain it to you that a dealer gets a trade-in for 13K and sells it for 18K-22K and only breaks even.

Page 3 of 144 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast