Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Hyundai Genesis: post up your compliments/stares/double takes thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Jaeger is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Oakville, Ontario, Canada

Default Re: Hyundai Genesis: post up your compliments/stares/double takes thread

Members don't see this ad
    So this one kind of cracked me up. Went to pick us my daughter and two of her classmates from a ballet rehearsal Friday evening. As I got close to the drivers door, the two friends saw the mirrors unfold and shine the Genesis logo on the ground, they about lost it going on about how cool and awesome that was - even asked me to do it again. Funny thing is, both had been in the car earlier in the day on the drive to rehearsal and nothing about it had penetrated the fog of teen chatter.

dareckibmw is offline Supporting Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8 Sedan
    I live in Romeoville, IL

Default Re: Hyundai Genesis: post up your compliments/stares/double takes thread

So..... today I went to the dealer to have my recall issue resolved.... then went across the street where there is a Nikon store to get my camera sensor cleaned... that took only about 15min. Happy as a clam I go to my car in the parking lot but notice from the corner of my eye that officer friendly is circling my Genesis in the parking lot. I get in put my seat belt on... SURE that I will get a ticket for NO FRONT PLATE. He pulled right next to me in a parking spot.. I of course pretend I dont see him ... and then.. a KNOCK at the window.....

Officer Friendly: Hello...I LOVE your wheels!", "Your car looks great!"
    Me: ( can breath again) "Thank you"
    Officer Friendly: How did you fix the front so that the holes dont show where the plate should be?"
    Me: (skeptical) explained who i did it... Long story short a local cop also has a Genesis but 3.8 wanted AWD.

Needless to say... NO TICKET FOR ME we spent about 15 minutes chatting about our cars

2015 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 V8 Empire State Gray (fastest color ever)
    2016 Hyundai Veloster 1.6L Turbo (Daughter's car)
    2017 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.3L AWD Ultimate (Wife's car)
    2013 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Titanium Gray Metallic (fastest color Rspec) (sold)
    1999 BMW 540i/6 (sold)

srobak is offline Supporting Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Chicagoland

Quote Originally Posted by dareckibmw View Post
    SURE that I will get a ticket for NO FRONT PLATE. He pulled right next to me in a parking spot
    Point of law here for you.... he can circle all he wants. You were on private property. No tags are even required on the vehicle at that point. He wouldn't have PC to mess with you until you pulled onto the road.

Officer Friendly: How did you fix the front so that the holes dont show where the plate should be?"
    Despite the nice talk afterwards - this might have been a subtle warning shot across the bow. Just saying.

we spent about 15 minutes chatting about our cars
    Always a good thing - with anyone!

dareckibmw is offline Supporting Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8 Sedan
    I live in Romeoville, IL

Yep, he could do all those things you said but....he was really cool officer - another car enthusiast, just like me, lol

It was in Aurora, near Napleton's Hyundai, though.

srobak is offline Supporting Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Chicagoland

Dude - that's 10 minutes away.... call a brotha!

EChua5 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2012 Genesis Sedan (Prem + Tech)

I have a couple:
    1. At the airport, I've had a limo driver in an Escalade wave at me and ask if it was a Genesis.
    2. I was pointed at by a driver of a Lexus LS while on the freeway.
    3. I've had a new Mercedes S550 pull up on the freeway, saw the driver point, enter my lane to stare at the back of my car, then pull away.

Occasionally while stopped, I can see people staring at the back of my car from other lanes.

jimbo1mcm is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

I was pumping gas( regular) and I noticed a guy in a nice cashmere sweater pumping gas( premium ) into a Porsche Cayenne Turbo. In a sing song voice I said, " My car uses regular!!" The guy laughed and said the Genesis was a great car. He rode in one to an airport and he said it rode like a Benz". We chatted about a 911 I used to have. Lots of fun.

DubbuD is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan
    I live in St. John's, Newfoundland - Canada

Had a guy in an Elantra almost go off the road by rubbernecking 180 around. While it was both funny and satisfying to know people like the car, keep your eyes on the road people.

I've also had multiple people in things from Fits, to Mustangs, to Mercedes, and even a Bentley; look and size it up, chattin about it. Pretty much everywhere I go someone asks me about the car. Definitely a good conversation starter with gearheads!

Also, went in to get my tires changed over at my local Canadian Tire store (I know some people in the shop there, so I go there for small stuff like this), and all the guys were pickled as a pig in shit, smiles a glow, to be sitting in it. Hahaha.
    2015 Genesis 3.8 H-Trac AWD
    Tech Package
    Parisian Grey
    18% Tint All Around

CarlitoGR is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2015 3.8 AWD Sedan
    I live in Maryland

Default Re: 2015 Genesis: post up your compliments/stares/double takes thread

So yesterday, I was just getting back home from the airport and was parking in front my house. In this particular neighborhood, I have had multiple people compliment my house from potential buyers. Two ladies in a Subaru pull next to me and roll down their window and say, "Nice car, that is a really nice car!" I was like wow, thank you. It's funny how people did the same thing with my Kia Optima, but the looks at the Genesis are my significant.

jonjon72 is offline Registered Member What I drive: G80 5.0 HTRAC V8 Ultimate

I was washing my car yesterday after a bit of rain at a local coin-op bay and pulled out my car to dry her off. Was approached by 3 guys in their early to mid 20's complimenting my ride and taking a walk around since. They wanted to confirm it was the V8 since it sounded "pretty aggressive" and looking "amazing" (still on my OEM winters but oh well). Actually thought it was a Mustang GT pulling in. Told them I had a custom exhaust installed and all they wanted was to see me leave and open her up.

Hotboi is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis Sedan 5.0
    I live in GA

After my research online only 2 people knew I was buying my Genesis. On Monday everyone in my office had known that it was my car without me saying a word. Apparently smoke break my car was the talk of the circle.
    The Saturday I bought my car at a Chevy dealership, the salesman who sold it and the guy cleaning her up for me, were surprised at the fact it was a Hyundai vehicle. After his waxing of my car both gentlemen took out their cell phones and posted Instagram and Facebook photos of my car..lol.
    After I got home my neighbor asked what happen to my Bimmer 750I, I said I sold it and bought this which lead him into wanting to trade several of his cars in for one.
    Today on my way home, a Jaguar XF rides past me only to slow up, ride past and slow again next to me to see what kinda vehicle I was driving. I smiled and pulled off in my Genny 5.0.

Hotboi is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis Sedan 5.0
    I live in GA

I work on a military installation, so passing through the gates is a norm, showing identification and random vehicle checks. I've seen only one other Genesis on post, so one morning I come to the gate, guard asks for my identification, I provide it, he says," just a min " leaves my window then returns and says, " oh your the one with the fuel door! ". Well a day after purchase somehow the tip of my fuel door piece was broken sot he door wouldn't stay closed. But for all the vehicles that pass through the gates daily, my car is known as the one the gas door, Lol guess people are noticing the Genesis more and more.

Tim Sly is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2G Genesis Sedan
    I live in Wadena, MN

This morning when I got out of my car a lady walking by says "What kind of Buick is that? 200, 300? I saw the wing. That's a nice car" Haha. I think she is confused about Chryslers, Buicks and now Genesis.

2015 Manhattan Brown 3.8 Ultimate
    TSW Cadwell 18" Wheels
    1.5" Hub Centric Spacers
    Burnt Copper painted calipers with Genesis logo

MeyerKy32 is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: 2010 Genesis Sedan
    I live in Shakopee, Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Sly View Post
    This morning when I got out of my car a lady walking by says "What kind of Buick is that? 200, 300? I saw the wing. That's a nice car" Haha. I think she is confused about Chryslers, Buicks and now Genesis.
    I have people ask me if its a Bentley, and many people from a far think its a Mercedes. I have never had someone confuse it for a Chrysler or Buick though. I call my genny, Mini B. I love it. Partially the reason I got it was because how much it resembled a Bentley, and I cannot afford one yet. I love it when I get the old white men who always stare and ask me what kinda car this is, and I'm like Hyundai Genesis, while they're in the old GM car, or buick le sabre. I remember driving the G80 sport downtown Minneapolis when I had it, and heads were constantly turning when I was at corners or stop lights, that thing I got tons of compliments in and it wasn't even mine just a loaner until I got my 2010 back.

EdP is offline Supporting Member What I drive: G80 AWD Ultimate Adriatic Blue
    I live in CT

Members don't see this ad
    ne of my coworkers bought an Audi A7 a couple of weeks before I got my first Genesis. Every couple of weeks he'd look out the window where six of us park and mention how good looking my car is. Today my wife stayed in the car while I ran into the store. A guy coming out walked all around it and gave a thumbs up.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617