Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: 2009 KDM 3.8 SCC Grille - Part Numbers Search
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    xiaphin is offline KDModerator
    What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in NC
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: 2009 KDM 3.8 SCC Grille - Part Numbers Search

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by OneFunGenesis View Post
    You're correct!!!

and that is some coin for something that is not functional. I believe you can make it functional in your engineering menu....?

The grille wasn't much in the grand scheme of things. The SS fittings used on my air ride setup were over half of the grille cost but we digress. Car does not have the tech package, so there is no way for me to find out. If it did I would definitely be researching on what all is required to make it work. Maybe the next person who goes this route will try.
    Debadged - 3000K HIDs - KDM Airbag - Black Chrome Rear Wing - LED Scuff Plates - SS Dynamic Edition Accel Pedal - Aluminum Brake Pedal - Coupe Metal Dead Pedal
    Suntek HP Bronze 40% Tint - Orafol 8300 Light Grey Tinted Heads and Tails - Avery SW900 Brushed Steel Wrapped Roof
    Junction Produce Beige Curtains - VipdOut Beige Neckpads
    09' SCC Grille w/Camera - Prada Side Engine Covers
    Air Force Suspension Bags
    Accuair e-Level Management - Dual 400s - 5 Gal Tank - Exo Mounts - Copper Hardlines - SS Fittings - Zaetec Digital Pressure Gauge - i-Level
    Infinitewerks LS01
    Front - 20x10+18 Rear - 20x10.5+28
    Liquid Bronze Face - Brushed Smoked Lead Lips and Centers w/logo Machined - 24k Gold Hardware
    Yokohama S.drive 245/35/20 All Around
    --------------
    IG - @pharrlower
    Discogs - xiaphin

OneFunGenesis is offline <- Runnin' on Empty What I drive: 1G Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
    I live in Rochester, NY
    Cars in my garage

Oh man! I do have the tech and I am pretty sure I could get that camera to work haha

Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by xiaphin View Post
    Finally found the part number. There are two different cameras in this style, one for my grille which has a black housing and the other for the 3.3 Genesis, never imported into US, with a silver housing. Will be ordering it here shortly. Upload pics when I get it installed.

95770-3M010 - for the 3.8

95770-3M000 - for the 3.3
    Omg ive been searching for this info since i bought my car. I just have a couple questions. 1, is the aftermarket grill the exact same size as oem...it looks visibly smaller in pic...did it fit flush? 2, lf u dont hook camera up is there a cover or blank that can fill the hole in grille.
    Last edited by UnionGuy; 03-07-2017 at 10:29 PM.

I live in NC
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by UnionGuy View Post
    Omg ive been searching for this info since i bought my car. I just have a couple questions. 1, is the aftermarket grill the exact same size as oem...it looks visibly smaller in pic...did it fit flush? 2, lf u dont hook camera up is there a cover or blank that can fill the hole in grille.
    The grille is the same size as OEM because it is an OEM grille only offered on 09' KDM Versions with the SCC option. Fitment is same as the the 09'-11' USDM grille. It can be removed and installed without removing the front bumper with some patience. When researching this I found a Korean website that has been removing these grilles and swapping over to the camera system Hyundai started to offer in 11'. Could possibly get a used one from them if they haven't been throwing them away.

Without the camera there is a hole which you can see in the first series of image posts. Prior to finding the SCC Camera I had entertained adding a camera to the front for recording purposes. Be prepared to pay a bunch more than I did for this entire setup because I got the only one on clearance that KAI brought over from Korea. Lucky I ever got the thing because they are terrible to deal with. Need any other help let me know.

Cars in my garage

The grille is the same size as OEM because it is an OEM grille only offered on 09' KDM Versions with the SCC option. Fitment is same as the the 09'-11' USDM grille. It can be removed and installed without removing the front bumper with some patience. When researching this I found a Korean website that has been removing these grilles and swapping over to the camera system Hyundai started to offer in 11'. Could possibly get a used one from them if they haven't been throwing them away.

Without the camera there is a hole which you can see in the first series of image posts. Prior to finding the SCC Camera I had entertained adding a camera to the front for recording purposes. Be prepared to pay a bunch more than I did for this entire setup because I got the only one on clearance that KAI brought over from Korea. Lucky I ever got the thing because they are terrible to deal with. Need any other help let me know.
    I appreciate the feedback...i have a 2014 genesis r spec ultimate package..ur saying i can install without removing bumper if i have patience...is my car able to have camera setup and functioning any easier because of my model n year....also i hav found the prada grill for between 160 and 250 on several sites...cant believe ur the only one stateside to try this...wheres the ambition that these others are lacking? Lol. As far as camera...i agree id only use for security cam...but id rather see if theres a black glossy blank i can shove in the camera space...kinda like a toe eye cover on bumper

I live in NC
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by UnionGuy View Post
    I appreciate the feedback...i have a 2014 genesis r spec ultimate package..ur saying i can install without removing bumper if i have patience...is my car able to have camera setup and functioning any easier because of my model n year....also i hav found the prada grill for between 160 and 250 on several sites...cant believe ur the only one stateside to try this...wheres the ambition that these others are lacking? Lol. As far as camera...i agree id only use for security cam...but id rather see if theres a black glossy blank i can shove in the camera space...kinda like a toe eye cover on bumper
    IIRC the 12-14' grille fits the 09-11', so it should work the other way around. The bumper is slightly different though. Don't think any USDM models came with the wiring required to have the camera/SCC functioning properly, so I doubt you could get it to work. There isn't a blank to fill the hole for the camera, you would have to make your own.

Cars in my garage

IIRC the 12-14' grille fits the 09-11', so it should work the other way around. The bumper is slightly different though. Don't think any USDM models came with the wiring required to have the camera/SCC functioning properly, so I doubt you could get it to work. There isn't a blank to fill the hole for the camera, you would have to make your own.
    Thanks. Ill try n make somethin out of plastic after i purchase and take measurements

Cars in my garage

Firstly thanks for all ur help thus far...and greatly appreciated. I recvd my grill but its missing rectangular plate that holds camera...ill elaborate y if necessary but as of now...do u know where and how much? Found it on tendown listed as genesis scc module but the price is in Won and the conversion amount to us dollars seems waaay off. To recap the grille u have is a few parts...its the grill, the cover that holds camera, camera and upper garnish....i need center plate cover that holds camera

Cars in my garage

I bought grill but its missing center cover "scc module" and i need upper hood garnish...can u direct me to a seller...i saw on tendown but site isnt in english

- - - Updated - - -

Can i get that contact info...i have grill but its missing center cover

I live in NC
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    PM Sent for contact

Conversion price is not way off, that center piece alone is about $900 dollars

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast