Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: KDMZILLA's 5.0 build thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    KDMzilla is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8

Genentec is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

megans suck. will be good for 6 months before they start making noise and start getting weak.

it is a tacky company who use bad busines practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Genentec View Post
    megans suck. will be good for 6 months before they start making noise and start getting weak.

it is a tacky company who use bad busines practices.
    I got my car last May and started looking around almost immediately for upgrades only to find they really didnt exist yet. Even today there isnt much out there. After I found the wheels I wanted and put in the order (August) I contacted every company I could for coilovers and got a whole lot of nothing. Megan asked if I wanted to use my car as a test fitter since I was local. Needless to say they had my car for 2 1/2 months and when I finally did pick it up they were still waiting on the correct springs which is why I'm going back next week. Ive been driving on them a few months now and I am not 100% happy with them but I'll make the final judgement when I have the finished product. I was never into bags and I am too picky for just springs so I chose coilovers. Worst case scenario, as time goes on more and more companies will produce products for this car and I will jump ship if the Megans dont live up to my standards. Its been a journey to say the least.

Huddleston is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8
    I live in Fayetteville, AR

Default Re: KDMZILLA's 5.0 build thread

Ceika makes great custom coilovers

Crowley is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8 Ultimate

Mind if I ask what size rubber are you going to go with? I want to do 10.5 out back as well!

Crowley

blktiger12 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
    I live in Ct.

Great looking wheels........... I like where this is headed!!

Aquineas is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 Ultimate
    I live in Georgetown, TX

Crowley most are going with 285 out back.
    Genesis Mods:
    Lowering Springs
    20" Wheels
    2x12 Subwoofer
    Stoptech Rotors + Pads
    KDM Headlights
    Rigid Subframe Collar

WHYTE5OH is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8
    I live in South Beach

Quote Originally Posted by KDMzilla View Post
    I got my car last May and started looking around almost immediately for upgrades only to find they really didnt exist yet. Even today there isnt much out there. After I found the wheels I wanted and put in the order (August) I contacted every company I could for coilovers and got a whole lot of nothing. Megan asked if I wanted to use my car as a test fitter since I was local. Needless to say they had my car for 2 1/2 months and when I finally did pick it up they were still waiting on the correct springs which is why I'm going back next week. Ive been driving on them a few months now and I am not 100% happy with them but I'll make the final judgement when I have the finished product. I was never into bags and I am too picky for just springs so I chose coilovers. Worst case scenario, as time goes on more and more companies will produce products for this car and I will jump ship if the Megans dont live up to my standards. Its been a journey to say the least.
    Thanks for putting in the time and effort on this. Not sure about the quality of their product but it is nice to have the options available!

tmf2004 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8
    I live in FL, treasure coast

can't wait to see these mounted
    Current Rides:
    2015 Genesis 5.0, Parisian Gray/black, window tint 30F/15R, trunk wing badge, suntek clear protection, mud guards, plasti dipped emblems/exhaust tips.

1999 Lexus GS 400, 86k miles, to many mods

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
    Mind if I ask what size rubber are you going to go with? I want to do 10.5 out back as well!

Crowley
    We did 3 fittings with Infinitewerks before getting the final measurements so the lip should match the fender. As soon as I get the car back from Megan Im going straight the tire shop. Ill let you know what specs they end up at and ofcourse post some pics

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast