Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: WTB: Coilovers - 1gen sedan 3.8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ambush is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Carolinas

Default Re: WTB: Coilovers - 1gen sedan 3.8

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by wishihadaprada View Post
    only had my genesis sedan about a week now, but ive built a few race cars and i built a static (coilovers not air) stanced car that i still have (mk4 jetta wagon). i can tell you that bc's are the best choice if you want to get low but they are stiff, not oem ride at all. the cheaper the coils the more likely to be of low quality, bumpy, not beneficial other than aesthetics. so tho you might find some 500 dollar coils, theyll ride that cheap too. and you commute like i do (i do about 600 a week) so for me im going to just ride the stock suspension until i have the money for the quality parts, im going air ride with this boat just because its so comfortable
    Well I never knew that about BC. I assumed BC you were just paying for the name. Well I will take the Megan's out of my ebay shopping cart. Man, yes 500 miles a week here. I need the look + comfort + but not the price of AIR.

I will keep looking. Thanks for the advice.
    2012 Satin White 3.8 Premium Sedan Pearl/Saddle: Premium
    Brake Motive CDS Rotors
    BC Sports BR Type Coilovers (to be installed)
    Niche M158 20x9 (245/40/20) + 20x10 (275/35/20) - Bronze
    Delinte Thunder D7 tires
    j2vinylworks.com - Avery Hood wrap/ 3M Roof Wrap

I live in Carolinas

@wishihaprada
    I think my wish has come true. I have found a set of BCs. I think i want to take the chance. Riding on AIR is the ULTIMATE choice for me but to stance her on a budget with at Least BCs is good I think.

Again thank you for the great advice!

xiaphin is online now KDModerator
    What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in NC

Quote Originally Posted by Ambush View Post
    @wishihaprada
    I think my wish has come true. I have found a set of BCs. I think i want to take the chance. Riding on AIR is the ULTIMATE choice for me but to stance her on a budget with at Least BCs is good I think.

Again thank you for the great advice!
    Did you find what you wanted to buy? If so I'm going to close this thread.
    Debadged - 3000K HIDs - KDM Airbag - Black Chrome Rear Wing - LED Scuff Plates - SS Dynamic Edition Accel Pedal - Aluminum Brake Pedal - Coupe Metal Dead Pedal
    Suntek HP Bronze 40% Tint - Orafol 8300 Light Grey Tinted Heads and Tails - Avery SW900 Brushed Steel Wrapped Roof
    Junction Produce Beige Curtains - VipdOut Beige Neckpads
    09' SCC Grille w/Camera - Prada Side Engine Covers
    Air Force Suspension Bags
    Accuair e-Level Management - Dual 400s - 5 Gal Tank - Exo Mounts - Copper Hardlines - SS Fittings - Zaetec Digital Pressure Gauge - i-Level
    Infinitewerks LS01
    Front - 20x10+18 Rear - 20x10.5+28
    Liquid Bronze Face - Brushed Smoked Lead Lips and Centers w/logo Machined - 24k Gold Hardware
    Yokohama S.drive 245/35/20 All Around
    --------------
    IG - @pharrlower
    Discogs - xiaphin

Rloyola0426 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Since this thread is about coilovers and somebody mentioned Megans, can I ask what everyone's perception of Megan is? I'd rather not start a whole new thread.

Megans are cheap, yes. But I have a 2015, and for the DH they are the only coilover option. I'm already dropped on ARK springs but am interested in going the coilover route instead. Would it be worth it to switch to the Megans, or should I just stay on the ARKs? I do t like that my stock shock is son compressed and has almost no travel, making my ride stiff and bouncy.

I live in Carolinas

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Rloyola0426 View Post
    Since this thread is about coilovers and somebody mentioned Megans, can I ask what everyone's perception of Megan is? I'd rather not start a whole new thread.

Megans are cheap, yes. But I have a 2015, and for the DH they are the only coilover option. I'm already dropped on ARK springs but am interested in going the coilover route instead. Would it be worth it to switch to the Megans, or should I just stay on the ARKs? I do t like that my stock shock is son compressed and has almost no travel, making my ride stiff and bouncy.
    I m no PRO --- ARK for the win....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xiaphin View Post
    Did you find what you wanted to buy? If so I'm going to close this thread.
    YES!
    please close. GOT THEM from someone really familiar to the boards.

Thanks

Ambush

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12